Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 227 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it's also safe to say that if you liked HOH, you'll love UCM

Thank god. For a while I was worried this end up being something corny like “Slash presents UCM in 3D Slashvision”.

So judging off the early reactions for Blumhouse 2 on social media it’s pretty safe to say Volume 3 isn’t gonna happen?

If it pours out onto the French street Monster Masquerade zone (it does. Duh.) then I guarantee it’ll exit through the former fear factor audition building. I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited for any maze more than I am this one

MondoMonsters (that's the coin I've called it since the dropping of that to me) has excited me so much. As a huge fan of the Universal Classic Monsters; the thing I feared was how they'd handle the characters. They needed the right touch, to do something that can cause fear.

From everything I've been told, this really seems like the Carnival Graveyard this year; for the heart and passion Murdy and co. are giving. And that, I can't wait to see the maze at night; when all of it works to what it's possibly aspiring to be.

I should have clarified, I'm just guessing based on the tone they seem to be going for, space, and the leaked teaser image, but I hope they still make an appearance

The leaked teaser image honestly just looks like concept art for the characters in the same image. Im sure there will be more monsters in the maze.

i'll love to see if they keep the monsters original designs like the films or slightly update them to make them terrifying.

The leaked teaser image honestly just looks like concept art for the characters in the same image. Im sure there will be more monsters in the maze.
Even if it is just those three, it's a good three, so there'd be no complaints from me. This and the scarezone is more than I thought we'd get 5-8 years ago.

Reactions: Ridesandstuff
giphy.gif

Wasn't AHS because of the Disney/Fox merger? I think even Murdy kinda nodded at that when someone asked him about it during the last Twitter Q&A.

That makes no sense. That merger won't even be fully official until next year. That should have nothing to do with this years lack of AHS. Going forward after this year, sure ok. But not this year. I think this was a Universal decision not FX.

I can’t wait for the Blumhouse 2.0 featuring Unfriended, Paranormal Activity, and the Tooth Fairy it’s gonna be lit.

But for real: what is the best case scenario with Blumhouse 2.0?

The Gift, Get Out, & The Visit? Honestly I’ll take one of the above...or even Split. Just ONE GOOD ONE please.
oooo Split would’ve been interesting. I would’ve loved to have seen how they’d portray/pull that off. IF they could pull it off. However, I’m not a huge fan of what’s actually going to be in Blumhouse 2.0 :(

That makes no sense. That merger won't even be fully official until next year. That should have nothing to do with this years lack of AHS. Going forward after this year, sure ok. But not this year. I think this was a Universal decision not FX.

Thinking about it now wasn’t AHS Roanoke ranked like #5 or #6 last year in the year end maze rankings? Maybe Uni just thought it wasn’t worth the money and decided to go with Stranger Things as a replacement. That and Orlando’s wasn’t as much of a smash hit as it was in 2016. That said I really wish John would’ve just done Asylum, Coven, & Roanoke all together last year - even if it would’ve been a cramped mess. It’s gonna be awkward when Blumhouse 2 is announced that it’s going where AHS was.

On another note why didn’t they do Get Out? I mean they’re already doing TFP and Unfriended: The Dark Web which are pretty controversial themselves. And also The Visit too, that could’ve easily filled 2-3 rooms in a mashup maze.