Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Question for all... planning a Disneyland trip for October, but we are planning to go to HHN one Sunday night if it’s happening. Looking at the ticket options for 2019, I see they have a 2pm ticket that includes some of the day attractions. Does anyone know how long the Studio Tour runs on HHN days? We want to make sure we get to ride that before it’s closed for the event.

I think it was last tram at 5:00 or 4:00.
Question for all... planning a Disneyland trip for October, but we are planning to go to HHN one Sunday night if it’s happening. Looking at the ticket options for 2019, I see they have a 2pm ticket that includes some of the day attractions. Does anyone know how long the Studio Tour runs on HHN days? We want to make sure we get to ride that before it’s closed for the event.

TWD Attraction - while I do expect this venue to be used, I do NOT expect it to be TWD. The most obvious reason being that Universal would probably have to pay AMC since it isn't an IP they own. So I think we might see a retheme for HHN...

Back when TWDA was announced to close, Universal came out and publicly said that it would've been used for HHN2020. I'd assume, they are able to extend the contract due to the extreme circumstances of COVID.

“We continually evaluate our entertainment offerings and are thrilled guests have enjoyed ‘The Walking Dead’ attraction as part of our daytime mix,” she shared. “Walking Dead” maze will return during the park’s annual Halloween Horror Nights event.”

Out of anything that does make me have hope, strangely enough, is that they don't bring back Bride of Frankenstein for this year (As it was planned for 2020 via the Horror Night Nightmares spec map). Honestly, I wouldn't mind them tackling Chucky proper with a maze, especially as the SYFY/USA show is coming sooner than later. Have it tackle Cult and Curse of Chucky, there's plenty of material there that it wouldn't be a problem.

It'd also be an easy way to promote things for the event, with a major first party IP; and Mancini and Murdy have directly worked together too. Perhaps Mancini could while doing post production for Chucky, get Douriff and Jennifer to say random lines; and for Douriff to voice Chucky for a queue video.

Last edited:
Back when TWDA was announced to close, Universal came out and publicly said that it would've been used for HHN2020. I'd assume, they are able to extend the contract due to the extreme circumstances
Correct. As of right now, everything is still in place past the "Emergency Entrance" facade.

If we do get stuck with another round of TWD... For the love of every haunt God-

STAFF. THE. ENTIRE. ATTRACTION. COMPLETELY. No empty booholes or scareactors covering two spots. Give it a proper send off.

I think it was last tram at 5:00 or 4:00.
To add onto this, keep in mind it's better to get the Studio Tour out of the way earlier rather than later so you can take advantage of Early Entry (if they have it).

Although if we're only getting 6 mazes & limited capacity, getting through all 6 should be easy

Very helpful! That ticket seems like it will work for us if they offer it. Mainly just wanted the studio tour and Pets before HHN. We’ve been to Wizarding world in Orlando many many times. Thank you both!

Very helpful! That ticket seems like it will work for us if they offer it. Mainly just wanted the studio tour and Pets before HHN. We’ve been to Wizarding world in Orlando many many times. Thank you both!
I know you've probably done FJ numerous times in Florida, but I would give the one in Hollywood at least one ride. I feel ours (the USH version) has the more intense Dementor scene.

Out of anything that does make me have hope, strangely enough, is that they don't bring back Bride of Frankenstein for this year (As it was planned for 2020 via the Horror Night Nightmares spec map). Honestly, I wouldn't mind them tackling Chucky proper with a maze, especially as the SYFY/USA show is coming sooner than later. Have it tackle Cult and Curse of Chucky, there's plenty of material there that it wouldn't be a problem.

It'd also be an easy way to promote things for the event, with a major first party IP; and Mancini and Murdy have directly worked together too. Perhaps Mancini could while doing post production for Chucky, get Douriff and Jennifer to say random lines; and for Douriff to voice Chucky for a queue video.
Yeah, I'd be a little disappointed if we got Bride as it would be most likely reused assets from Frankenstein Meets Wolfman. I could definitely see an "original" Chucky house. That would certainly be a big hit with the GP. Chucky, Leatherface, and Michael Myers would not be a bad marketing trio to build back the event.

MK doesn’t need to just be a stand alone ride. USH is going to make money hand over fist with the purchase of Power Up bands. Not to include a highly immersive interactive land would have been short sighted.

Lower lot’s getting SNW with an expansion and a Mummy replacement in the next 10 years. I don’t think much more will be done within that time.
Wrong thread? :what:

Reactions: JawsVictim
Yeah, I'd be a little disappointed if we got Bride as it would be most likely reused assets from Frankenstein Meets Wolfman. I could definitely see an "original" Chucky house. That would certainly be a big hit with the GP. Chucky, Leatherface, and Michael Myers would not be a bad marketing trio to build back the event.

I agree. Using Chucky, Leatherface, Michael, and even Beetlejuice could be really effective ways to market the event for Hollywood, as all four of them have popularity in various forms. They could be nicely used to bring people in for the event.

Realistically speaking, I don't see us getting a maze based on Chucky. Given the current situation this year, I feel like a scarezone is much more likely & it'd be easier on their (possibly tight) budget.

But the one thing I do hope to see return this year (every event night) is "Guest Relations Chucky"
20210420_114251.jpg

Realistically speaking, I don't see us getting a maze based on Chucky. Given the current situation this year, I feel like a scarezone is much more likely & it'd be easier on their (possibly tight) budget.

But the one thing I do hope to see return this year (every event night) is "Guest Relations Chucky"
View attachment 14392

I think if they are to invest the money into a new maze, it'd be the doll; because of how marketable the IP is this year for NBCUniversal/Comcast. Especially if they can tie it into Peacock.

Well the new series will be on SyFy/USA, but shockingly, none of the 7 Child's Play/Chucky films are even on the Peacock app...

But yes, I do fully expect them to market the series during HHN. Even if it literally is Chucky self promoting from above Guest Relations

Well the new series will be on SyFy/USA, but shockingly, none of the 7 Child's Play/Chucky films are even on the Peacock app...

But yes, I do fully expect them to market the series during HHN. Even if it literally is Chucky self promoting from above Guest Relations
Honestly wouldnt be surprised if the only Chucky presence at the event is just whatever trailer for the SyFy series playing every couple minutes in the tram queue, assuming they use that for anything this year.