Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I stopped listening to Five Fires when they say Universal wants to promote Halloween Kills.
No kidding but they aren't the only ones who need to sign off on it.

I wouldn't mind them taking another stab at Exorcist. In no way do I even think for one second that it is happening.

I did see in one of their videos that one of the mazes in the Curious George section has an AC hooked up to it.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
I think the event is great. I really liked the last one with Ghostbusters and Us. The Terror Tram was great with the Titans Of Terror. Hated the Hollywood Harry one. Terror Tram could be managed better, and the lines and spacing could always use help. I do not like when they bunch people up because it ruins the experience. I’ve only been attending the event since 2016, which is important for context.

The candle is almost finished…..

More people Working on the Event/Team than just Murdy - Murdy is great when he cares about a maze which becomes a passion project but other mazes end up suffering because of it. Orlando benefits from having different designers on each project so each maze is a passion project for someone.

New Effects/Ideas - We see so many effects in mazes that are recycled over and over again. How about some new ones? Bungee Scares? Scares from above? Projection Mapping? Rain Effects (Like Orlando does)? Duck Spaces? Guest Activates Triggers? Multiple paths? Hollywood has become extremely stale by reusing over and over again.

More Care to Scare Zones - Flame Towers is a big one which has a lot of energy to the event. But Orlando and Knotts do these cool shows in their Scare Zones like moments that just happen and it immerses you in and I want to see Hollywood start doing that.

More Shows - Bringing back Jabbawockeez doesn't count and just changing 1 or 2 songs. Let's see more shows especially ones as epic and fun as the ones at Knotts and HHN Orlando.

Open up Hogwarts - Definitely needs to happen soon. Could take more people in and spread the event out more. Also could have Dark Arts!

Make the Event Less Sensitive - There was a time when Hollywood didn't care and did something as brutal as Hostel and did in it's full brutality. And then also Chucky Insult Emporium. Hollywood over the years has slowly gotten softer to complaints. I wanna see hardcore gore and stuff at a Horror event that's why I go. The event should be more suited for mature audiences which Knotts and HHN Orlando are and they excell because of it.

Just a couple of things that aren't just no more Black Walls which is something that does need to be fixed though.
This is an excellent explanation.

3:04:39 - 3:05:53

Going off what Legacy is saying with quality apparently Five Fires is saying The Exorcist is returning and will be in SS29?

He said it’s speculation and not official
It's funny because my sentiment isn't from the "I want our HHN to be more like Orlando" crowd, although I get it. But HHN Hollywood used to be freaking pee your pants scary. Orlando really doesn't give a damn (most of the time), but I miss when the event embraced horror and celebrated it instead of just throwing some recognizable names on the wall and making some cohesion out of it. I'm not a fan of the non-IP houses, but I do appreciate them when they're done right. La Llorona was probably my last favorite one. They just tend to have gotten off the beaten path in recent years in consistency, having completely off years or being on their A game, with the in between years being forgettable. I just want Hollywood to be a better version of itself. It obviously has the funds and power to do so.

It's also worth noting that HHN/ Uni Creative extremely values guest feedback and surveys, which more often that not actually sides with the "Fans" due to the fact they're paying premium for a separate event. Yet despite its constant asking of feedback it also seems to just push things aside.
This is exactly how HW fans feel. I’m just gonna bluntly say it. We need new blood and it starts at CD. There’s nothing wrong with suggesting HW hire a new CD preferably one that lives in SoCal. It is not offensive to say this as I respect what Murdy has created and accomplish. Pass the torch for the new era sooner than later. HW needs to get back to working on FEAR which something that events like Dark Harbor thrives on.

So, decided to check the HHN Hollywood Chrome source code, as usually that gets updated ahead (and can be viewed on the public level by F12), and Horror Nights@USH will go on from September 9th to October 31'st.

1625759462944.png

logo-hhn.png

And as noticed through the tease yesterday (and the publicly accessible logo), the tagline for Hollywood this year is Never Go Alone.

woah, 4 mazes? That confirms this year will be super packed haha. Just wait for the TikTok videos to go viral and every night will sell out.

I think the 4 spaces is a mistake or not complete, because there are 5 mazes we can see being built. WW, Parisian, Mummy and then the two beside the Curious George lot.
And then the assumption that there's one in the soundstage, but can't confirm that obviously. You can always add more tiles to a website, but idk, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the house got nixed.

The event page does say Upper Lot -- nothing about the Lower Lot, and we know the Back Lot isn't happening, so maybe it really is just four mazes and the Mummy location hit the chopping block?

I think if anyone would get scrapped it would be WW. The mummy they have been working on for a while.

Like you though nothing would surprise me.