Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Q&A Info:
- There will be more than 4 mazes.

- There will be a Maze in SS29 (Which isn't Hill House)

- Killer Klowns From Outer Space isn't returning this year.

- Murdy starting working on HHN2022 a few months ago.

- "Oh I have one right now." to "Was there a house or a scare zone that you were adamant on but the rest of the creative team wasn’t on board with?"

(To be edited with more info)
If that’s the case, my guess is BJ or Exorcist for SS.

The TV show was a Fox TV co production with Morgan Creek but the film was distributed by Warner. Again though distributor doesn't always mean they own the rights to it.

Edit: Looks like Morgan Creek owns the rights to The Exorcist outright.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Yeah is a Warner property that's why they used it for your Halloween event back couple years ago

But wouldn't they want to use it again if they do it these year horror made here

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The TV show was a Fox TV co production with Morgan Creek but the film was distributed by Warner. Again though distributor doesn't always mean they own the rights to it.

Edit: Looks like Morgan Creek owns the rights to The Exorcist outright.
Ah--had thought that Exorcist was a Fox IP for the film, but I am glad to be mistaken.

So what’s the tentative rumored list of mazes so far?

Beetlejuice
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Exorcist
Haunting of Hill House

...... what else?

So is Exorcist actually a thing now.

Don't get me wrong I would love for them to take another stab at it it just seems an odd choice NOW.

Morgan Creek has said they are teaming with Blumhouse on a sequel to the original.

So is Exorcist actually a thing now.

Don't get me wrong I would love for them to take another stab at it it just seems an odd choice NOW.

Morgan Creek has said they are teaming with Blumhouse on a sequel to the original.
From what it sounds like, Exorcist wasnt the plan from the start. Probably had to replace something and needed to fill the gap with something they probably already had designs and a good working relationship for.
Honestly wouldnt be surprised if its a copy paste from 2016 if its really happening.

So, let me get this right:

> Exorcist (???)
> Pandora's (Curious)
> Hill House (Curious?)
> Texas (Mummy)
> Halloween (Waterworld)
> Bride (Parisian?)
> and Beetlejuice (???)

Assuming Exorcist is happening, a thought albeit occurs. Could this be the year that Soundstage 29 finally has more than one house in it's location, with two? That's the only logical explanation for Exorcist to me, unless there's another.

That said, that'd be an interesting sharp up from what was expected, up to Seven mazes (Excluding TWDA), unless if we should be expecting a cut of any kind.

Last edited:
Another thought that comes (sorry about being quick on the dial) is that if Exorcist is really back, and if (As I'm going to guess until someone corrects) is in Soundstage29 right next to Beetlejuice; perhaps that means they're going to have to condense the maze? That admittedly has me hopeful for the padding of 2016 to be removed, as that may be something that'd possibly help them out for the maze.

I really wish they would do a Purge thing this year. I know people have been real tired of Purge being in the event but I think it fits great and I really like it. At least a Forever Purge scare zone? That would be cool. The Toxic Tunnel thing should always be a Purge scare zone.

Reactions: JawsVictim