Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New speculation map just dropped

What a lineup! I'd kill to have Fear Street on this coast (one of the reasons why I was hyped and motivated to finally go to Orlando this year, and disappointed to see it fall off the spec map today) and Nope had me interested from the previous map considering I'm so excited to see the movie itself, but I can't really find any complaints about this lineup other than wanting it bumped up to ten mazes. Even the one I'm least interested in, The Weeknd, has me curious enough to not outright lament its inclusion.

Just so I got this straight... Nope was replaced with Candyman and AWIL was added. A couple mazes switched locations. And maze number was bumped to 8 + Terror Tram?

I don't know, AWIL just doesn't sound right to me. I'm hoping that's Scream. Or IT. Or Conjuring. Or any number of the big franchise horror films we've been begging for for years that we haven't really been acknowledged yet for some unknown reason. Also sounds semi-repetitive with Wolfman there (although one is four footed and the other is standing lol). Speaking of Wolfman, him fighting The Mummy just sounds...weird? For some reason I could see Killer Klownz in the Walking Dead location, but it's hard to picture for Evil Dead -- unless it's the new Evil Dead movie, then I'm not sure what to picture.

I'm down for Candyman. I hope it includes elements from the original, at the very least.

8 mazes and a tram is a bit much to successfully accomplish in one night, not gonna lie. I may just skip the Terror Tram this year if that's the case.

I'm interested to see how 2 mazes in soundstage 29 will work. Orlando does that every year, but has Hollywood?
It says behind SS29.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how 2 mazes in soundstage 29 will work. Orlando does that every year, but has Hollywood?

Like @DTH said, this is rumored to be behind the Soundstage 29. There has been some chatter about something being built back there this year so we'll see as tents keep popping up. I just added a video in the construction thread that shows this area.

hmmm

keep-secret-secret.gif

edit: ((in reference to the Spec Map 2.0))

Last edited:
New speculation map just dropped

Big RIP for Orlando losing Evil Dead for Blumhouse. You have my sympathies :’(

Nice to see The Mummy is going against The Wolfman, although I don’t know why they would choose AWIL when we already have a Wolfman maze in it. I noticed this is the second time the Wolfman is going up against another monster, so perhaps there’s gonna be a story about Mr. Talbot going through a museum to find something to cure his Wolf?

I’m excited for the KKFOS original sequel, and I’m hoping that comes true. This is how I want HHN to handle some of their IP’s.

Expecting AWIL to go next spec map, for the next spec map for reasons above.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Thinking about The Evil Dead (and potentially Evil Dead Rise if we're real here), this would mark Hollywood's first time collaborating with WBP directly since either Exorcist in 2021, or back in 2018 since Trick r' Treat, correct? As The Evil Dead and Evil Dead Rise, fall directly in New Line as a major component alongside Renaissance.

I'd have to think if WBP is cozy enough to potentially let Hollywood collaborate on The Evil Dead and Evil Dead Rise ahead of it's HBOMax debut (which, given Evil Dead's past being used as a marketing tool, would make legitimate sense), that we could see more come out of them eventually.

hmmm

keep-secret-secret.gif

edit: ((in reference to the Spec Map 2.0))

Ruh'roh. /s

I've always been envious of the Orlando houses and it always bugged how the Orlando crowd thought theirs was weak in its last iteration. It was insanely impressive.

The 28 iteration was a wild card for guests; people didn’t know how well a horror-adjacent property like ST was going to read in a house. When it debuted, people were blown away by the production value, pacing, and overall feeling of the show that you got inside of the maze.

29’s megahouse was certainly a spectacle, and there were some really great moments in the house, but there was less of a focus on creating an intense haunted house feeling and more of a focus on throwing in as many scenes from both seasons as they could. I feel that had they only done one season in the house, the pacing, scares, and feeling of the experience would have been a lot tighter. Any IP house out of HHN Orlando, however, will undoubtedly have an incredible amount of quality and time put into it!

Have to say I like this line-up, despite being kind of “eh” about AWiL and Candyman. More so AWiL since that’s already been done (albeit that was 8 years ago).

My only hope with AWiL is that they will improve on it and add scenes where there were black walls. It deserved better.

But yeah, I agree that eight houses PLUS tram is a LOT. I still might be able to manage as I miraculously was able to all
he houses in one night for fan preview night in 2019, even when ST went down for a little bit due to a fire alarm! So I’m still hoping luck will be on my side lol.

I also really hope they give Klownzilla his proper due and make a full size version of him like they did in Orlando.

Am I correct in seeing that the only two overlapping properties on both coasts is Weeknd and Mummy/Werewolf? That's going to make for some interesting advertising.

Orlando's line up sound very much like something KSF would do (minus the big ticket IPs). In fact, I believe KSF has already done Dead Man's Wharf before if memory serves me (at the old Haunted Shack location). Not a bad thing by any means, but interesting.

Side topic: I know both coasts try to collaborate on some overlapping properties, but when it comes to their original houses, do they even talk to each other at all? Would we ever see a day where an original idea is shared on both coasts? That would be a dream to me.

Am I correct in seeing that the only two overlapping properties on both coasts is Weeknd and Mummy/Werewolf? That's going to make for some interesting advertising.

It could be like 2021's advertising where the main focus was just on one IP, in this probably be the Weeknd.

Orlando's line up sound very much like something KSF would do (minus the big ticket IPs). In fact, I believe KSF has already done Dead Man's Wharf before if memory serves me (at the old Haunted Shack location). Not a bad thing by any means, but interesting.

Side topic: I know both coasts try to collaborate on some overlapping properties, but when it comes to their original houses, do they even talk to each other at all? Would we ever see a day where an original idea is shared on both coasts? That would be a dream to me.
It looked like they were gonna collab on an original again. If you count bride of Frankenstein lives that was technically a shared original idea. I was hoping we’d get their scarecrow and they’d get our Pandora’s box but I guess that’s not happening

Knott's did have Deadman's Wharf way back as the last maze in the Haunted Shack, though that was more directly inspired with a fisherman killer a la' "I Know What You Did Last Summer" which came out the year before. Orlando's Dead Man's Wharf is full-on supernatural with various ghosts from the sea a la' The Fog. Names might be similar, but the approaches and inspirations are different.

As for both coasts talking with one another, I do recall they've mentioned they have. They will take inspiration from one another as in the case of Bride of Frankenstein Lives.

I had an interesting thought about the brickwork being added to the Mummy facade over in the construction thread. If we are indeed getting a Wolf Man VS Mummy maze, this could very well be the Queen's Hospital from Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man. We don't ever see a full exterior aside from the establishing shot of the plaque, but the windows are similar and the building is brick. If they are telling an original story, they could easily be pulling from that film and starting off there. Time will tell, but I figure it can't hurt to continue speculation.

Attachments

• FMTWM.jpg
    FMTWM.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 16
I had an interesting thought about the brickwork being added to the Mummy facade over in the construction thread. If we are indeed getting a Wolf Man VS Mummy maze, this could very well be the Queen's Hospital from Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man. We don't ever see a full exterior aside from the establishing shot of the plaque, but the windows are similar and the building is brick. If they are telling an original story, they could easily be pulling from that film and starting off there. Time will tell, but I figure it can't hurt to continue speculation.
I think you might’ve cracked it…maybe. I’m starting to lean on it being this.

Status
Not open for further replies.