Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - News & Info | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would much MUCH rather have a house on the Thing than FNAF….just saying.
Are you saying they should not have a FNAF at next year's event?

Why? If anything they need something in the parks now but a Maze/house for FNAF will be 3+ hours at all times, young people loveeeeee the IP

I'll also Echo others thoughts, we need something like the House of Horrors in the Park. Horror is still a big part of Universal both Megan and FNAF were two of the most talked about films this year.....yet ZERO merch. Megan has been out for months and FNAF had great pre sale tickets so no idea why Universal isn't ready to go when these films kill it, heck we don't even have Mario Movie merch....like you'd think Merch is the easiest way to get these characters in the park. Disney has movie popcorn buckets of new films all the time, so it's not like it can't happen Universal just seems to not want money.

But yeah, I think we need a small area for horror, with props changed out each year and a meet and greet with horror characters like Megan, FNAF, Michael Miles and so on

• Love
Reactions: Horror Lover
Because no one cares about Halloween until it’s Halloween time.
You open a FNAF meet and greet and I bet you get it gets insane lines

They are opening a HHN open in Vegas that's open all year, if that was true then why are they opening that?

FNAF isn't just for Halloween, it's also character based meaning you don't even have to worry about paying for actors likeness. It made more then Scream and Scream got better reviews and has jenna ortega in it along with it being considered a box office success.
I don't know if you saw the film but while most kids talked they are cheered at the end of the film like it was the best film of the years, its a young and large fan base, strike the iron at the very least have a photo op (they literally already have one) and sell some T shirts at the very least

You open a FNAF meet and greet and I bet you get it gets insane lines

They are opening a HHN open in Vegas that's open all year, if that was true then why are they opening that?

FNAF isn't just for Halloween, it's also character based meaning you don't even have to worry about paying for actors likeness. It made more then Scream and Scream got better reviews and has jenna ortega in it along with it being considered a box office success.
I don't know if you saw the film but while most kids talked they are cheered at the end of the film like it was the best film of the years, its a young and large fan base, strike the iron at the very least have a photo op (they literally already have one) and sell some T shirts at the very least
I mean you can argue all you want, but facts are facts. The track record for all-year Halloween stuff isn’t a stellar one - and that includes USH and Vegas.

Universal is rolling the dice with the all-year experience, but it is Vegas after all so they’re taking a big risk with that gamble.

Reactions: chris.g and Freak
I know everyone would love a house on the thing but if they can't convince John carpenter to lend them the IP we could forget about that ever happening.

Are you saying they should not have a FNAF at next year's event?

Why? If anything they need something in the parks now but a Maze/house for FNAF will be 3+ hours at all times, young people loveeeeee the IP

I'll also Echo others thoughts, we need something like the House of Horrors in the Park. Horror is still a big part of Universal both Megan and FNAF were two of the most talked about films this year.....yet ZERO merch. Megan has been out for months and FNAF had great pre sale tickets so no idea why Universal isn't ready to go when these films kill it, heck we don't even have Mario Movie merch....like you'd think Merch is the easiest way to get these characters in the park. Disney has movie popcorn buckets of new films all the time, so it's not like it can't happen Universal just seems to not want money.

But yeah, I think we need a small area for horror, with props changed out each year and a meet and greet with horror characters like Megan, FNAF, Michael Miles and so on
The reason why I framed my post as a “one or the other” scenario is that both would require some tedious and expensive mechanical work like Chucky did. They would have to do one or the other for either one to be pulled off effective and not have the other houses suffer from budget cuts.

Reactions: chris.g
The reason why I framed my post as a “one or the other” scenario is that both would require some tedious and expensive mechanical work like Chucky did. They would have to do one or the other for either one to be pulled off effective and not have the other houses suffer from budget cuts.
Fair but if they don't have FNAF in some big way out side of food then I think they are nutssssssssss. If they can somehow make the Dream work theater be just FNAF then cool, I'm great with that (the lines would be insane) but it just needs to be there in some way.

Fair but if they don't have FNAF in some big way out side of food then I think they are nutssssssssss. If they can somehow make the Dream work theater be just FNAF then cool, I'm great with that (the lines would be insane) but it just needs to be there in some way.
Oh I agree, but Cawthon may not want a FNAF house. He fully owns the rights to his own IP so if he doesn’t want to play ball….the Thing would not be a bad sub.

I think most people feel that way, but this is a business and those houses are for sure not in competition in regards to right acquisitions. I'm not sure if this is accurate, but if a Stranger Things budgetarily gets us a monstruous I'll take a FNAF house for another awesome original!

Oh I agree, but Cawthon may not want a FNAF house. He fully owns the rights to his own IP so if he doesn’t want to play ball….the Thing would not be a bad sub.
I mean this is why Disney is king

They just can own everything they use.....I hope Universal starts to get better contracts or something because I feel like it very much weakens the parks and profits margins to allow partners to have this much control

JK Rolling seems to get it more, they release new wands a pretty good amount and they get new merch about every year if not more for Potter

I mean you can argue all you want, but facts are facts. The track record for all-year Halloween stuff isn’t a stellar one - and that includes USH and Vegas.

Universal is rolling the dice with the all-year experience, but it is Vegas after all so they’re taking a big risk with that gamble.
Year-round horror/Halloween stuff doesn't appear to be viable, but there seems to be plenty of appetite for offseason horror-centric events (at least in Los Angeles). The Scream Break event at Six Flags seemed to do well (someone will correct me if not, I'm sure); Midsummer Scream and similar cons are not only extremely well-attended but have haunts and other themed entertainment alongside the usual convention stuff.

So idk, I think there's definitely a desire for offsesson spooky stuff out there. If USH can sell Universal Monster merch and have the characters out year-round, it seems like they can slot in the occasional offseason horror thing. (And let's not forget about Epic Universe and the Universal Monsters land.)

I mean this is why Disney is king

They just can own everything they use.....I hope Universal starts to get better contracts or something because I feel like it very much weakens the parks and profits margins to allow partners to have this much control

JK Rolling seems to get it more, they release new wands a pretty good amount and they get new merch about every year if not more for Potter
We see this a ton with Universal. They don't own Harry Potter, so theres a hogwarts in the UK. Despite owning dreamworks, they have rides at motiongate. Blumhouse work with anyone, whether its Blackout or the FNAF house in saudi arabia. Simpsons is Disney owned now. etc.

It sucks that the biggest IPs they have are pretty schlocky. FandF, Jurassic World, Minions, etc. Imagine if they had something for Oppenheimer? How awesome a more seriously toned experience like backdraft could be.

Idk if its poor engagement with owned IPs or over reliance on IPs owned by others or both, but it does seem to be a problem

Reactions: Jerroddragon
It is July 2023. A poster on the Inside Universal forums has suggested they turn Oppenheimer, a movie about the birth of the atomic bomb, into an immersive experience at the Universal theme parks.

It is November 2023. A poster on the Inside Universal forums has suggested they turn Oppenheimer, a movie about the birth of the atomic bomb, into an immersive experience at the Universal theme parks.

IMG_6C0791D334EA_1.jpg

I mean, look at the Haunted Mansion at Disney.. still hugely popular with both diehard Disney fans and the GP year-round.. I would assume a well-designed and well-executed Classic Monsters dark ride or thrill ride for USH would garner the same response..

They are working on a classic monsters dark ride-thrill ride hybrid that will be debuting at Epic Universe, though! It isn't coming to USH because 1) there's no room for it at the moment and 2) it overlaps significantly with Forbidden Journey thanks to sharing a ride system.

They are working on a classic monsters dark ride-thrill ride hybrid that will be debuting at Epic Universe, though! It isn't coming to USH because 1) there's no room for it at the moment and 2) it overlaps significantly with Forbidden Journey thanks to sharing a ride system.
Not wanting to get too far off topic but I think it would be great if we got an indoor coaster themed to the Monsters at USH. That we we can have a unique ride from Florida and would have some proper representation for the Monsters.

Not wanting to get too far off topic but I think it would be great if we got an indoor coaster themed to the Monsters at USH. That we we can have a unique ride from Florida and would have some proper representation for the Monsters.

I would sacrifice Mummy at the altar with no hesitation if it meant getting a themed coaster featuring all the main monsters in its place.

Agreed

It would give us an excuse for a Horror General shop as well.

I would also hope if they make an indoor coaster they make it where it can change some of it's themes so it can be different on HHN. Example have a parts with projection based effects that you can change the lighting or which characters show up to make it as a HHN version of the ride like how GOTG has Mission break out or SM has Ghost Galaxy.