Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - News & Info | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We are now indeed way off topic. We went from "it'd be nice if they did a unique classic monsters coaster" to "here's what they should specifically do to make this coaster great." There's no indoor monsters coaster coming.

Reactions: Jake S
Perhaps off topic, but has anyone ever taken the time to compile what mazes have won house of the year, and cross referenced to see if those concepts get a sequel the next year?
I doubt it always happens, but I remember it was a factor in Halloween 2 in 2016, Universal Monsters continuing until the end of time after 2018, and Holidays getting its own maze in 2019.
Was just curious, because after seeing that post I have a strong inclination that Monstruos is coming back next year in some form but don't wanna make bets on that alone if there isn't a clear correlation.

Reactions: mccgavin
Was just curious, because after seeing that post I have a strong inclination that Monstruos is coming back next year in some form but don't wanna make bets on that alone if there isn't a clear correlation.
Monstruos itself seems to be heavily inspired by the El Pueblo Del Terror scarezone from last year. It also feels to be a spiritual sequel to the La Llorona houses in a lot of ways. I definitely think Latin-American horror will continue to be a reoccurring theme at the event, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them skip it for a year at some point, given how prevalent its been lately.

Monstruos itself seems to be heavily inspired by the El Pueblo Del Terror scarezone from last year. It also feels to be a spiritual sequel to the La Llorona houses in a lot of ways. I definitely think Latin-American horror will continue to be a reoccurring theme at the event, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them skip it for a year at some point, given how prevalent its been lately.
No inside information here, but the way Murdy talked about the maze and scare zone makes me think we'll see something in a similar vein next year.

While I certainly wouldn't complain about another Latin-America eccentric house (Ahem, Chupacabra anyone? Aztec theme?), I would personally prefer they give Asian folklore a chance. There's a lot of cool stuff they can do.
Perhaps off topic, but has anyone ever taken the time to compile what mazes have won house of the year, and cross referenced to see if those concepts get a sequel the next year?
I doubt it always happens, but I remember it was a factor in Halloween 2 in 2016, Universal Monsters continuing until the end of time after 2018, and Holidays getting its own maze in 2019.
I think the only exception to this was when Exorcist won HOTY in 2021. You could argue that they may have taken that into consideration when we got Believer, but I think that's the only instance where HOTY was "isolated" from what we ended up getting. I will say this much....here's a list of HOTY from 2009 on to what we got the year after.

(Please correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm certain these houses won HOTY for their respected years)
2009: Saw >>>> Repeat
2010: HoTC >>>>> Repeat
2011: La Llorona >>>> Repeat as well as El Cucuy and FDTD the next two years for Hispanic houses.
2012: TWD(?) >>>>> TWD S3 and more TWD for years
2013: Insidious >>>> Nothing next year but got a new house in 2015 and 17.
2014: AVP >>>>>> Repeat
2015: Halloween >>>>> Halloween 2
2016: Freddy Vs. Jason(?) >>>>> Titans of Terror/Terror Tram (Allegedly Titans replaced Conjuring though)
2017: Titans(?) >>>>>> Nothing? Worth noting when the "exhausted" the big three, they got a mashup house.
2018: Monsters >>>>> More Monster houses even up to this year!
2019: Us >>>>>> Event was canceled the year after so we will never know, at least officially.
2021: Exorcist >>>>>> Fluke
2022: La Llorona >>>>> Monstrous the following year
2023: Monstrous >>>>> ??????

I'm going to guess we will probably get yet another Hispanic urban legends house next year. They can also reuse those Dia de los Muertos props for the plaza so I think they'll probably do it.

I mean maybe it'll have another chance if they actually respectfully draw upon actual specific folklore and not just
White guy in basically yellowface prosthetic makeup and generic chinese dragon monster.
Lol yeah. I don't give them too much guff since their heart was clearly in the right place and Murdy seems genuinely sincere about representation, but putting Fu Manchu in there was pretty bad.

No inside information here, but the way Murdy talked about the maze and scare zone makes me think we'll see something in a similar vein next year.

Park Journey - Opening Weekend of Halloween Horror Nights 2023
According to John Murdy on our tour, there will be a Latin America themed house in this location for the foreseeable future as it blends in with the nearby Día De Los Muertos area, which also means the scare zone outside of the house will continue to be amazing. But more on that later.

Coupled with the fact that Monstrous won house of the year, I think another Latin America house is a safe bet for next year and that location. Why “fix what isn’t broken?” Will they finally do El Chupacabra?
I hope they bring back El Cucuy tbh. I never got to experience that house and it seemed really cool

Reactions: TableYe and chris.g
I kinda like the idea of Chupacabra (+ maybe other Latin American monsters), just as something a little different. It'll let them explore different environments too: imagine a house set in the Sonoran Desert with shrubs, cactuses, and mountain shacks + remote village churches.

Reactions: chris.g
Now I’m here just trying to manifest a big Mayan temple facade.
I honestly really want an Aztec temple theme to take place in Parisian...something akin to Tomb of the Ancients from HHN 24. Perfect venue as the tombs of the aztec temple would be pretty narrow and tight, which is what Parisian permits. A Chupacabra theme would work great here.

I honestly really want an Aztec temple theme to take place in Parisian...something akin to Tomb of the Ancients from HHN 24. Perfect venue as the tombs of the aztec temple would be pretty narrow and tight, which is what Parisian permits. A Chupacabra theme would work great here.
They also just did an Aztec mummy themed zone right there.

something akin to Tomb of the Ancients from HHN 24.
7503aw.png

Ackchyually, HHN 26

It is July 2023. A poster on the Inside Universal forums has suggested they turn Oppenheimer, a movie about the birth of the atomic bomb, into an immersive experience at the Universal theme parks.

It is November 2023. A poster on the Inside Universal forums has suggested they turn Oppenheimer, a movie about the birth of the atomic bomb, into an immersive experience at the Universal theme parks.

View attachment 20026
I am almost done with my first read of watchmen. Pretty sad the author was screwed over