Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smile isn’t a Blumhouse movie — although it definitely feels like one! I believe Paramount hold the rights, and I’m not sure what kind of standing they have with USH, if any. I would bet on not seeing Smile at the event, though.

As far as Blumhouse goes, if this Megan movie ends up being a hit, I could definitely see that. I feel like the Exorcist remake is coming out at the wrong time, otherwise it would also make sense.

Lol how to make a Blumhouse movie when you're not Blumhouse. It did really well, so it's got the marketing angle. I haven't seen it yet, does it have enough variation to fill out a house?

Lol how to make a Blumhouse movie when you're not Blumhouse. It did really well, so it's got the marketing angle. I haven't seen it yet, does it have enough variation to fill out a house?

Not really, it doesn’t really give hhn house. Although its many failed jump scares will fit right in with those bad visible boo hole scares.

@Legacy is chucky the replacement for the white whale you were talking about on twitter? Or was chucky already locked in when they lost that IP?
Chucky, from my understanding, was already locked.

It’s important to remember that, really, anything before January isn’t *really* locked. Agreements may be in place, but a lot of times things don’t start getting finalized until January/February.

So, nothing has been “lost” yet because anything we don’t have never actually crossed the finish line. So, when I say “I know more about what isn’t coming than what is,” I mean “I know some IPs that either didn’t cross the finish line or were never in the race.” We have Chucky. We have a couple of other IPs (one I know, one I have a vibe on).

More solidified rumors will likely start popping up over the next couple of months.

For a little insight, these things will take months just to hammer out sometimes even one sentence in a contract to be worded how both parties want it to be worded before it to be considered closed. If it's anything like film, the deal making stage can either be practically instant or drag on forever over something really big like amount of money, to something kinda medium like where something will be contractually obligated to be placed on a poster, or really small like "in perpetuity throughout the universe." "No, just until the end of the year." "In 2023 throughout the universe." "Actually, I mean, just in the United States." "In 2023 throughout the United States." That conversation alone could take 2 months due to slow responses. I'm not even joking lol

In any news, the new Scream 6 marketing is getting me super hyped. I really want the original Scream trilogy to happen, but if we end up only with Ghostface in New York, that could be kinda cool. Wouldn't be anywhere near iconic, but perhaps it'd be something...............

Just give me the Casey Becker and doggy door scenes, PLEAAAAASE!!!

For a little insight, these things will take months just to hammer out sometimes even one sentence in a contract to be worded how both parties want it to be worded before it to be considered closed. If it's anything like film, the deal making stage can either be practically instant or drag on forever over something really big like amount of money, to something kinda medium like where something will be contractually obligated to be placed on a poster, or really small like "in peretuity throughout the universe." "No, just until the end of the year." "In 2023 throughout the universe." "Actually, I mean, just in the United States." "In 2023 throughout the United States." That conversation alone could take 2 months due to slow responding. I'm not even joking lol

In any news, the new Scream 6 marketing is getting me super hyped. I really want the original Scream trilogy to happen, but if we end up only with Ghostface in New York, that could be kinda cool. Wouldn't be anywhere near iconic, but perhaps it'd be something...............

Just give me the Casey Becker and doggy door scenes, PLEAAAAASE!!!
After years of also wanting Scream, I’m not giving my hopes up anymore. I would just expect Saw and Insidious instead. Lol

I would be happy just to get the Ghostface figure in an original concept maze. That might be easier to negotiate.

That's what happened with Dead By Daylight when they wanted to add Ghostface but couldn't secure the rights to the Scream license.. just license the Ghostface mask and come up with an original storyline for their version..

I would be happy just to get the Ghostface figure in an original concept maze. That might be easier to negotiate.

They were even allowed to say "ghost face" right? Sounds like a slamdunk for marketing, though going around the IP holder like that might be problematic for future negotiations.

Yeah, I don't wanna veer too far into "dream casting" territory in this thread but if you were unable to adapt the actual Scream franchise, but did have access to Ghostface as a character, there are still a number of things you could do that would actually be in keeping with the meta nature of the series. Like maybe it's actually a "Stab" house, and the premise is someone killed the Ghostface scare actor and is now trying to actually kill guests (almost like Dark Ride at KSF). Or it's like a "true crime exhibit" about the Woodsboro murders where someone puts on the Ghostface costume and tries to get guests.

It would be difficult to market without using the Scream brand but creatively speaking, I think something in that mode would work really well, idk.

This was posted over on the orlando thread but thought id just share here, looks like scream isnt coming this year..

Having seen the trailer now, I honestly am pretty curious whether Evil Dead Rise will come, simply because judging by the trailer, some of the sets in Horror Hotel might've been less altered than we thought, since the bathtub scene is pretty much just right there. Definitely seems like theres a lot more gore than the maze had just from the trailer, so I guess it could still be unique enough to show up.
Might end up just feeling like Horror Hotel meets Evil Dead 2013 if they do bring it though.

Reactions: StopMakingSense
Having seen the trailer now, I honestly am pretty curious whether Evil Dead Rise will come, simply because judging by the trailer, some of the sets in Horror Hotel might've been less altered than we thought, since the bathtub scene is pretty much just right there. Definitely seems like theres a lot more gore than the maze had just from the trailer, so I guess it could still be unique enough to show up.
Might end up just feeling like Horror Hotel meets Evil Dead 2013 if they do bring it though.

There's so many scenes I recognized. Even the ending concrete cult tunnels is the parking garage from the trailer. It's not weird of them to keep the same maze over in TWDA but at this point I'm hoping they just move on from it since now I'm questioning if I watched the movie through the maze low key.

Reactions: JS610 and Freak
They had very little time or money to change what they had already built. The fact that the maze managed to stand on its own was frankly impressive.

They had very little time or money to change what they had already built. The fact that the maze managed to stand on its own was frankly impressive.
Honestly I'm really curious to see if that stays true after seeing the movie. Kinda feel like had it released on time, and the license just fell through or something, being able to compare more directly while the event was still running might've made it function a bit worse.
Still really impressive that it didn't feel like a last minute replacement though.

Still really impressive that it didn't feel like a last minute replacement though.

Exactly. I give a lot of credit to Murdy and his team for quickly pivoting to an original story that largely clicked into what had already been installed.

I wouldn't past them trying to save some money by doing Evil Dead Rise using the same sets, but I'm not clear on what sort of condition they're in - and whether the license is still available. Remember, these props and environments are generally only built to last a single season.

Status
Not open for further replies.