Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a fun film and all, but I'll admit this is an odd choice as Violent Night isn't a horror film in any way. If this was something like Krampus, that would be more fitting.
Honestly, I think Violent Night is gory enough that it could work as an hhn comedy house. It would be a lot of fun with the amount of kills that movie has

In an event that has straddled along the line of horror/non-horror, they've done mostly well until right now when they decided to give Violent Night out of all films; a photo op 11 months after the film's initial release.

I'm sorry but in what way or shape do you think that makes sense for HHN? It is genuinely baffling to see a directly non horror, action/comedy film in the style of a John Wick movie with a magical Santa Claus saving a home invasion household that before allowing Larry Larva to be a photo op character like Hollywood Harry.

This reeks of bad synergy. Really bad synergy.

In an event that has straddled along the line of horror/non-horror, they've done mostly well until right now when they decided to give Violent Night out of all films; a photo op 11 months after the film's initial release.

I'm sorry but in what way or shape do you think that makes sense for HHN? It is genuinely baffling to see a directly non horror, action/comedy film in the style of a John Wick movie with a magical Santa Claus saving a home invasion household that before allowing Larry Larva to be a photo op character like Hollywood Harry.

This reeks of bad synergy. Really bad synergy.
It really isn't that serious.... it's just a photo op :skull:

It really isn't that serious.... it's just a photo op :skull:

I get that, believe me, but it should've been something else.

Larry Larva, Candyman, hell even Hollywood Harry. It should've been a horror centric character, first and foremost that made sense in the context of HHN.

David Harbour Santa makes no sense. Hell if they wanted to stick to a Christmas style, then Krampus is additionally right there and is a film distributed by Universal directly too.

^I'm with you. It's not even represented in any way, shape, or form at the event. Sticks out like a sore thumb, and is also a year too late.

That said, I'm sure people will pose in front of it... people can't resist a photo op... but it could've been something that at least tied into the event better.

Even more so that Knott's is going so insane full out for their 50th this year, HHN could really pale in comparison this year IMO. The Legacy Store for Knott's alone already way, way trumps anything HHN has done for a tribute store. It even puts Orlando's Tribute Store to shame.

^I'm with you. It's not even represented in any way, shape, or form at the event. Sticks out like a sore thumb, and is also a year too late.

That said, I'm sure people will pose in front of it... people can't resist a photo op... but it could've been something that at least tied into the event better.

Even more so that Knott's is going so insane full out for their 50th this year, HHN could really pale in comparison this year IMO. The Legacy Store for Knott's alone already way, way trumps anything HHN has done for a tribute store. It even puts Orlando's Tribute Store to shame.

I wouldn't count out Orlando's Tribute store just yet--moreso as it hasn't opened just yet, and the shows in Hollywood will make it appealing for locals.

There is a fine line I have to what makes sense. It's why I actually give David S. Pumpkins a pass over Violent Night, as while it is not directly horror related; it still celebrates and shares the values of the season that they are representing.

That doesn't mean I want a David S. Pumpkins Terror Tram or house, but I think that form of synergy is actually rather smart for the sake of the Halloween landscape (Even if it could've been for daytime instead). I also wonder if Hollywood might up the scale of the Tribute Store next year, consider it seems by all accounts Knotts is having a major success with theirs. There are plenty of locations in CityWalk that could benefit by a larger tenant, and it could allow them to diversify the merchandising more and more.

And at the very bottom, it will say *"Now playing on Peacock!*" You think I'm joking, but I was astonished when I saw the memory lane posters on Studio Tour had that at the bottom lol

Reactions: chris.g
I guess we’ll find out Tuesday, but this theoretical Blumhouse show is going to be a simple 3D show. So in theory, it should be able to run continuously? I hope so because it would do wonders for capacity and that way I don’t have to worry about catching it at specific showtimes.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I also like the Billboard, same with the other photo op's in the park.....I doubt it but realllllly hope we get some sort of Vecna photo op as well

I guess we’ll find out Tuesday, but this theoretical Blumhouse show is going to be a simple 3D show. So in theory, it should be able to run continuously? I hope so because it would do wonders for capacity and that way I don’t have to worry about catching it at specific showtimes.
I hope so, a people eater like that would be nice.

From SoCalPals123 on Instagram...this!
image.png

Merchandise is fully coming out today, with Monstruos and Exterminatorz getting full on merchandise rollout.

Status
Not open for further replies.