Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love all this art

Hope there is something cheaper I can buy....I nromally buy a shirt with all the mazes on it but the one they have so far...is fine but nothing I need to buy

This is the first year since they did Universal Monsters back in 2018 where I feel like it could conceivably be the last we see of the Monsters for a while. You better believe I will be stocking up on that Unmasked merch.

Can’t wait to see it all next week!!

sad/weird theres no evil dead rise merch
It’s not a Universal release, so just like Stranger Things I’m sure they are waiting until the actual event to drop the merch.

I would imagine releasing merch is part of WB’s contract stipulations when lending Universal their IP.

Good things come to those who wait!

Reactions: Jerroddragon
It’s not a Universal release, so just like Stranger Things I’m sure they are waiting until the actual event to drop the merch. I would imagine releasing merch is part of WB’s contract stipulations when lending Universal their IP.

Good things come to those who wait!
The reason why I do *not* think this is the case, is because of something key.

1693410163669.png

(Image Source by Five Fries), EDR is nowhere to be seen in the official "lineup" merchandise of houses.

I was waiting all yesterday for a video to pop up with into on the rest of the event....I hope it happens today.

I know it wont be anything insane but still want to hear more about the Dreamworks/Purge Water World show

I can understand if Blumhouse is the holdup for the show announcements, but what's stopping them from announcing the scare zones? Aren't those original concepts?

Legal could be tying those up, too. There was an issue a few years that required a last-minute art and name change.

The reason why I do *not* think this is the case, is because of something key.

View attachment 19616

(Image Source by Five Fries), EDR is nowhere to be seen in the official "lineup" merchandise of houses.
To be fair, ghostbusters was omitted from the 2019 shirt and almost every store had a whole section devoted to ghostbusters merch despite that. I think its worth holding out hope for at least something.

To be fair, ghostbusters was omitted from the 2019 shirt and almost every store had a whole section devoted to ghostbusters merch despite that. I think its worth holding out hope for at least something.
There might have been two shirts then because I have one with Ghost Busters/Stranger things/Killer clowns and the other mazes on it

Except Ghostbusters was a shared IP. I feel like for any IP that isn't shared, they won't really bother with merch. Yeah we had Klownz merch last year but they reused old artwork from Orlando's 2018 zone. I could be completely wrong, but unless they had a design saved from last year, I don't see us getting any EDR merch.

There might have been two shirts then because I have one with Ghost Busters/Stranger things/Killer clowns and the other mazes on it
I meant its logo was omitted from the "maximum screamage" shirt with all the names listed similar to this year's omission, it was still on the Key Art shirt via character representation rather than logos.

1693423921253.png1693423949055.png

Except Ghostbusters was a shared IP. I feel like for any IP that isn't shared, they won't really bother with merch. Yeah we had Klownz merch last year but they reused old artwork from Orlando's 2018 zone. I could be completely wrong, but unless they had a design saved from last year, I don't see us getting any EDR merch.
That is possible, but I still expect something. Could just be a generic black shirt with the evil dead logo on it with no mention of Rise or any other graphic, I don't think it'll be completely void of representation. I think a better reference point would be Exorcist and Halloween 4 having new designs in 2021 despite orlando not sharing them.

Lol I always wondered if it would get to the point with Uni H'wood marketing that they'd announce something after the event started. So curious about show(s), maybe as a transition (and tribute) to Jabberwokeez, they can drown them in the Waterworld lagoon to start the festivities.

Some of these legal agreements on IPs must be quite wacky, who remembers when Orlando ran Beetlejuice for a weekend to satisfy a marketing clause (was that proven to be factual?).

EDIT: I'm seeing photos on Facebook from the Orlando team member preview of a M3gan horde, looks impressive, hopefully that happens in Hollywood (there was a casting call that fit M3gan I believe).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.