Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been answered before why is USH fine with POV and people videoing the houses but Florida is not?

Which is an absolute shame. I really wish they would enforce it. I can recall a couple of times a house has been ruined for me because some idiot is recording in front of me intentionally HOLDING UP THE LINE so he can get all the scares on his footage. They should enforce it.
Yeah, if it were up to me they'd eliminate all filming -- even on media nights. Have a media rep from the park take authorized POVs of all the houses, distribute them to your media list and be done with it. It not only makes for a crummy walkthrough for non-recording guests, I'd argue it actually kinda sucks for people who feel obligated to capture the footage.

Yeah, if it were up to me they'd eliminate all filming -- even on media nights. Have a media rep from the park take authorized POVs of all the houses, distribute them to your media list and be done with it. It not only makes for a crummy walkthrough for non-recording guests, I'd argue it actually kinda sucks for people who feel obligated to capture the footage.

Calm Down Family Guy GIF

Haha, speaking only for myself then as someone who's spent many a press night recording mazes instead of actually enjoying or processing them, I wish it was banned outright.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Just watched Five Fires live from tonight and he talked about the early access houses being 2 on the lower lot (Weeknd & TCM) and 2 on the upper lot (Insidious & Ghostbusters). Anyone have any more info on this?
Honestly very good to know, since I didn't get EA in time for opening night, and my original plan was to do what I did last year and go for curious george first at 6, but this makes me think maybe that isn't a good idea. With 4 mazes on the lower lot, even if only 2 are open for EA, it might make more sense to try and do that first compared to 2 of 2 curious george mazes being open for EA, much less room for people to spread around up there. Will probably have to wait on other peoples' judgement though.

Well dam, I guess I'll be doing Ghostbuters wayyyy less then I thought if its an early entry house.

Not a bad move to spread crowds out but man does the general pass feel like a video game where they take DLC out to sell it to you later.
And the dlc risks selling out a week beforehand. lol

I concur with others that I don't believe it is allowed, but it generally isn't enforced. Maybe if the filming is holding up the line.

But I kind of liken filming a maze to people filming a 3D movie attraction... like, it's going to come out really bad, so why even bother? Mazes are just something inherently difficulty to film due to poor lighting and close proximity.... you're never going to get the full effect. The vast majority of maze videos are crap. Seems pretty pointless to me, I wouldn't be upset to see it banned outright.

Reactions: Jake S
I concur with others that I don't believe it is allowed, but it generally isn't enforced. Maybe if the filming is holding up the line.

But I kind of liken filming a maze to people filming a 3D movie attraction... like, it's going to come out really bad, so why even bother? Mazes are just something inherently difficulty to film due to poor lighting and close proximity.... you're never going to get the full effect. The vast majority of maze videos are crap. Seems pretty pointless to me, I wouldn't be upset to see it banned outright.
As far as I'm aware it's kinda a grey area. Camera lights/flash are what's explicitly prohibited, so as long as they dont have lights on, the line isnt being held up or they aren't getting in performers faces, they tend to not really care.
The way I see it, it's probably a thing where the amount of effort it would take to constantly tell everyone to put their phones away would become more disruptive than the people filming themselves, and on some level it's probably considered good social media publicity for the event in LA in a way that doesn't really apply to Florida.

I can agree that a lot of amateur maze videos aren't worth it, but I'm kinda opposed to the concept of banning filming outright so long as the guests in question aren't being disruptive, but I'm also kinda obsessive about documentation of seasonal events like this so to me losing that footage feels like a fairly significant loss. Even if it was just restricted to Media Night, I feel like that in itself is a loss as not everything is working right away, and there will inevitably be gaps and later additions that would never be archived.
It's a personal preference but I'll take having to sift through a bunch of indecipherable black screen videos over having crumbs like we do for basically anything pre-2013 or so.

I'm kinda opposed to the concept of banning filming outright so long as the guests in question aren't being disruptive, but I'm also kinda obsessive about documentation of seasonal events like this so to me losing that footage feels like a fairly significant loss.
Louder for those not on the forum, but also for those in the back..

Even to this day, I STILL try to search for any glimpse of "early year, pre-murdy" era HHN Hollywood.

Which is an absolute shame. I really wish they would enforce it. I can recall a couple of times a house has been ruined for me because some idiot is recording in front of me intentionally HOLDING UP THE LINE so he can get all the scares on his footage. They should enforce it.

There's two types of annoyance for me:

My first run through of the original Creepshow maze was ruined because the guy in front of us was filming the entire house with his cell phone, but stopping constantly; like, every time he'd enter a room, he'd just come to a dead stop and hold everyone up. This guy watched the entire maze through his phone, because he had it right up to his face--never looked up once and actually just lived in the moment. Meanwhile, you could see on his screen that all he's capturing was darkness and way-too-zoomed-in blurry shots of actors, etc. Like, what's the point? He was ignoring staff telling him to move, and even flipped off a guy who yelled at him from behind to put the phone down and walk. So people like that -- who are oblivious to the fact they're ruining the experience for everyone else for a garbage quality cell phone video they'll likely never watch again -- are annoying.

The second type are the streamers, influencers, etc., who have their cameras out and decide to NARRATE the entire experience, either in recording or live-streaming, so that the people around them have to listen to them talking super loud for every single second of the maze.

I waffle on it. While I don't understand why random people go through entire mazes and choose to experience it through watching their cell phone screens, as long as they're moving, their brightness isn't bad, and they're not narrating, it's whatever, but all it takes is ONE person who doesn't understand (or care) how easily they can ruin it for the people around them that sometimes makes me wish it could be banned and leave the POVs to either Universal directly or Universal-approved people/sites/insiders.

So it's currently going on 11pm here on the west coast.... the temp is STILL 85 degrees with a hint of a breeze.

Good luck to early entry houses because Murdy mentioned those tents get hotter than hot during the day. So I'm speculating right now that we'll most likely see a lot of empty booholes this weekend due to the scareactors overheating.

It was still 100 at 5pm today. So stay hydrated. We're getting that Dead Exposure: Death Valley premium experience

So it's currently going on 11pm here on the west coast.... the temp is STILL 85 degrees with a hint of a breeze.

Good luck to early entry houses because Murdy mentioned those tents get hotter than hot during the day. So I'm speculating right now that we'll most likely see a lot of empty booholes this weekend due to the scareactors overheating.

It was still 100 at 5pm today. So stay hydrated. We're getting that Dead Exposure: Death Valley premium experience
Projected temps have the lowest within HHN hours tomorrow being 85 degrees even at 2 am, gonna be a rough one.

Does anyone think the lines this year will be longer then last year?
Maybe not longer as a whole, but I expect a different distribution. I think on the lower lot we're gonna see similar waits given everything down there is a decently large draw with maybe the exception of Dead Exposure, but people will take whatever they can get when everything else is 60-180 minutes in the area so take that with a grain of salt, consider it the Holidayz equivalent.
Upper lot is probably gonna be consistently busy since Monstruos has word of mouth popularity from last year, though I could see it dying down a little as the night goes on, and Quiet Place seems to be fairly popular with the general public, I'd argue rivaling Weeknd, so expect that to be significantly longer than Evil Dead Rise was.
Curious George lot is a big wild card for me, it's isolated and only has 2 mazes, but I have no idea how the general public feels about Insidious nor specifically Frozen Empire even if they like Ghostbusters as a baseline.

Status
Not open for further replies.