Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For what it’s worth all the rumors I’ve had sent my way since the beginning of February have completely eliminated FNAF for the event as a stand alone house. I think that dream is dead.

I’ll also say there are only THREE consistencies as far as (possible) shared IPs go.
Hmmmmm

If we only get FNAF as a Blumhouse mashup, I’ll take what I can get.

Even if they don’t do a house for FNAF, just having a little pizza eatery themed to it would probably have a long line all night regardless.

That said, I’ve never played FNAF and I watched the movie and came out the other end going “That’s it…?” so if Cawthorn is difficult to where there’s even a 1% chance he could pull the plug on a maze while it’s being/after it’s been built, I’d rather them do absolutely anything else.

Tbh I'm still 99.9% confident we'll get FNAF this year as a house. Is it possible it won't happen? Probably. Will I lose sleep if it doesn't happen? No lol. I just don't think outside of The Weeknd and Ghostbusters, there's no huge horror IP TV shows or films coming this year that can fill that headliner slot. It's a bit of an IP drought this year unfortunately for the event, which is why I think it's important that we do get it this year as a house. I just think if it's going to come to HHN at all, this year is the best year for it to show up, so it gets the full spotlight and more of a focus rather than if it were to be at HHN 2025-2026 2 years that are filled with a lot more IP releases that will probably be at the event.

Tbh I'm still 99.9% confident we'll get FNAF this year as a house. Is it possible it won't happen? Probably. Will I lose sleep if it doesn't happen? No lol. I just don't think outside of The Weeknd and Ghostbusters, there's no huge horror IP TV shows or films coming this year that can fill that headliner slot. It's a bit of an IP drought this year unfortunately for the event, which is why I think it's important that we do get it this year as a house. I just think if it's going to come to HHN at all, this year is the best year for it to show up, so it gets the full spotlight and more of a focus rather than if it were to be at HHN 2025-2026 2 years that are filled with a lot more IP releases that will probably be at the event
Tbh if it was a time for it to happen it would have been last year. I think until it’s easier to do things with the IPs owner they will do it… I 100% believe universal did wanna do something, saw the work they would have to do and said ah nvm. lol

Tbh I had a bad feeling about FNAF ever since they didn't announce it at the end of last year's event like they did with Chucky.

I wouldn’t be mad about not having a bunch of FNAF fans at the event, tbh.
I do want the Fnaf Maze do happen as a massive Fnaf Fan but I do not want a bunch of kids showing up to HHN just for this maze. It's kind off like saying that if they do the Fnaf Maze they may just be inviting a bunch of kids to HHN. This should not happen because this is a 13+ event not a event for little kids. I bet they may even try to do the other mazes and some of them would end up getting traumatized for life. Let's see how well this goes I say that things may end up going horribly wrong.

I do want the Fnaf Maze do happen as a massive Fnaf Fan but I do not want a bunch of kids showing up to HHN just for this maze. It's kind off like saying that if they do the Fnaf Maze they may just be inviting a bunch of kids to HHN. This should not happen because this is a 13+ event not an event for little kids. I bet they may even try to do the other mazes and some of them would end up getting traumatized for life. Let's see how well this goes I say that things may end up going horribly wrong.
Yah I agree, but chucky also has the same type
Of fan base. And you definitely saw more kids at this past event (where alcohol is available now!) because of chucky.

I meant your assessment that Chucky and FNAF have the same kind of drawing power for that demographic.

Chucky is colorful and can look "cute" (and "cool") in some iterations, so I get that some younger folks are attracted to him. With that said, I gotta agree with Brian, the demographic overlap stops there. Almost the entirety of Five Nights at Freddy's fanbase is young (or has recently aged out of that age tier). Chucky is considered an OG slasher by many in the horror community, and many adults of varying ages grew up with the character. His latest evolution - and the TV show's leaning into LGBTQ+ themes - has also opened the franchise up to a new audience.