Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't really see Creepshow happening, the iron isn't hot, so to speak. I don't think that show is on anyone's radar and it's not that huge of a classic. I think there's plenty of other things that take priority over it.

Silent Hill would be great to revisit. The first time, it wasn't the best, would love to see them give it another shot. However, every year I want them to give Resident Evil a shot, and every year I am disappointed! Guess I gotta go to Japan...with that said, Silent Hill seems to be back on people's minds, especially after The Last of Us maze was a huge draw and there's new content coming out.

AWIL, compared to Silent Hill, would just be an exact repeat. Silent Hill could be changed 100 different ways, while they covered everything an AWIL maze could cover. It was good, but not great, no real big interest from me, but I wouldn't be mad at it either. Other than that, it would just seem kinda random. Maybe in 2 years for it's 45th anniversary.

Silent Hill would be the best case scenario out of these three for the "repeat house" this year.
I would love to see resident evil at HHN to be honest. The Resident evil games are the best and I would love to see them do any of the games including resident evil 7. The atmosphere is resident evil 7 is creepy and it would make a really good maze. I know most people thought that resident evil 7 was good. Also if the Universal Monsters houses really are ending why don't they start a new universe for future HHN Houses. The Best option would be them collaborating with HHN Orlando to possibly head more towards the Mexican folklore stories. This in my opinion would be the perfect way that they can replace the universal monsters If they needed to. Most people already do like the Mexican folklore mazes that HHN Hollywood does already. This concept practically writes itself.

Last edited:
Does the new Silent Hill movie have a release date? The most precise date I can find is "2024," which seems like a bad sign for a movie that wrapped shooting more than six months ago. My hunch is that any Silent Hill appearance would have to be tied to the release of a new movie — the games themselves aren't enough, I wouldn't think (unless someone in Creative really wants to do it).

Does the new Silent Hill movie have a release date? The most precise date I can find is "2024," which seems like a bad sign for a movie that wrapped shooting more than six months ago. My hunch is that any Silent Hill appearance would have to be tied to the release of a new movie — the games themselves aren't enough, I wouldn't think (unless someone in Creative really wants to do it).
If They Wanted to they could rewrite the entire maze change some scenes that are bad keep scenes that are good and just mix in both the silent games and maybe even some content from the movies. That would be a good way to do a silent hill maze. If everyone wants silent hill but didn't like the old maze then it might be time to do something about that.

If They Wanted to they could rewrite the entire maze change some scenes that are bad keep scenes that are good and just mix in both the silent games and maybe even some content from the movies. That would be a good way to do a silent hill maze. If everyone wants silent hill but didn't like the old maze then it might be time to do something about that.
I'm not sure if everyone does want a Silent Hill maze, but I imagine the number of people who recall anything about the maze is quite small. The maze was at the event more than 10 years ago, and I've seen no indication that regular attendees are keeping a deep mental catalogue on past events.

I don't doubt they could make a compelling Silent Hill maze (I enjoyed the 2012 edition) but I'm less certain that the property's relative popularity is enough to bring it back (depending on the new film's release date).

I think Freak means that Silent Hill comes back as an IP, not as a 1 for 1 copy/ paste. Which I think may also be happening.

I would also agree with that- I think maybe there might be a few sections that seem familiar or reused, but overall a new take.

I believe somewhere I saw said April 2024, but that also may have been from an older source that also said Crystal Lake will be debuting soon, which I haven't been able to confirm anywhere else.

I know a new mini-Silent Hill game was JUST released (to middling reviews) and the SH2 remake and another original entry are both slated for release this year. I wouldn't say that it has the pull of The Last of Us, but I'd argue that it has a bigger drawn than some mid-sized IPs, but without the convenience of the nice Blumhouse partnership. From my experience, a lot of people can at least recognize the nurses and/or Pyramid Head as cool characters from a well-received horror series.

But I do agree that I think the movie's release would be the deciding factor, even if it was a passion project from the creative team. No need to waste the resources when they could theoretically do it whenever the movie finally comes out and draw in double the crowds- the die-hards will come no matter what.

Reactions: chris.g
Not too big of a deal, I know of a movie coming out theatrically next month, yet there is no trailer or poster or press release anywhere about that date even being a possibility. Sometimes movies hold a secret stake in the ground on a date as a tactic so nobody plans any counter-programming or similar movies on the same time, and if something does pop up last second, it can be moved and nobody will be the wiser. It's an option and one would think staking your claim months or even years ahead is the move, but it can put pressure on something where there doesn't need to be that much pressure on it. Barbenheimer is one of the few examples where the same release date actually worked in favor of both, but this is the exception, not the rule.
I would also agree with that- I think maybe there might be a few sections that seem familiar or reused, but overall a new take.

I believe somewhere I saw said April 2024, but that also may have been from an older source that also said Crystal Lake will be debuting soon, which I haven't been able to confirm anywhere else.

I know a new mini-Silent Hill game was JUST released (to middling reviews) and the SH2 remake and another original entry are both slated for release this year. I wouldn't say that it has the pull of The Last of Us, but I'd argue that it has a bigger drawn than some mid-sized IPs, but without the convenience of the nice Blumhouse partnership. From my experience, a lot of people can at least recognize the nurses and/or Pyramid Head as cool characters from a well-received horror series.

But I do agree that I think the movie's release would be the deciding factor, even if it was a passion project from the creative team. No need to waste the resources when they could theoretically do it whenever the movie finally comes out and draw in double the crowds- the die-hards will come no matter what.
I honestly think at this point, HHN is big enough to do whatever whenever they want. I know we like to think of particular reasons for why something might happen, but more times than not, they just randomly do a maze. There was no reason to do The Shining, Ghostbusters, Halloween 4, Trick r Treat, House of 1000 Corpses for a second time, or honestly most of our mazes that aren't based on brand new IPs. And even stuff that does have a new film coming out, it would have to be early in the year enough to be a hit that HHN will want to do it or will have to come out at the same exact time as the event -- which is oddly a very narrow window. Anything else in that timeframe is oddly seen as a risk for a new property that it might not be a hit, or it might get pushed and nobody will know what the heck is going on (Evil Dead Rise got pushed, Insidious 4 stayed since it only got pushed to January).

Not too big of a deal, I know of a movie coming out theatrically next month, yet there is no trailer or poster or press release anywhere about that date even being a possibility. Sometimes movies hold a secret stake in the ground on a date as a tactic so nobody plans any counter-programming or similar movies on the same time, and if something does pop up last second, it can be moved and nobody will be the wiser. It's an option and one would think staking your claim months or even years ahead is the move, but it can put pressure on something where there doesn't need to be that much pressure on it. Barbenheimer is one of the few examples where the same release date actually worked in favor of both, but this is the exception, not the rule.

Well, it's not like we've had any recent examples of films with a similar situation that have impacted event plans... :no_mouth:

I honestly think at this point, HHN is big enough to do whatever whenever they want. I know we like to think of particular reasons for why something might happen, but more times than not, they just randomly do a maze. There was no reason to do The Shining, Ghostbusters, Halloween 4, Trick r Treat, House of 1000 Corpses for a second time, or honestly most of our mazes that aren't based on brand new IPs. And even stuff that does have a new film coming out, it would have to be early in the year enough to be a hit that HHN will want to do it or will have to come out at the same exact time as the event -- which is oddly a very narrow window. Anything else in that timeframe is oddly seen as a risk for a new property that it might not be a hit, or it might get pushed and nobody will know what the heck is going on (Evil Dead Rise got pushed, Insidious 4 stayed since it only got pushed to January).

You've listed some of the most popular horror franchises ever.

The only outliers are TrT, which is now a cult classic, came off the heels of a successful scare zone and Uni wanting to continue the working relationship; and Corpses, which is probably the only real example.

I don't know if Silent Hill is in the cards or not; but an IP has either gotta be relevant or a passion project (that usually needs an angle) - and I don't think Silent Hill fits that bill right now.

Last edited:
Okay then. Killer Klowns from Outer Space (getting TWO years of it, at that -- in 2019 first, so not even an anniversary year to its 1988), Krampus (the movie was a year prior and did...fine, financially), Poltergeist (not a huge franchise by any means, I'd say Silent Hill is equally as relevant if combining video game and film awareness), The Haunting of Hill House (3 years after the fact? Hm).

I feel like at least once a year there is at least one or two IPs that pop up randomly. I'd say a good half of everything is a tie in, but I don't think that's a hard fast rule like it used to be pre-2016. And even that was broken sometimes with AWIL, Hostel, This is the End (*shutters*), and even to some degree Black Sabbath and Alice Cooper.

The tides have changed and HHN is at a spot to do at least 1-2 mazes a year of any kind it wants. Will it still have major staples and tie ins like Chucky, Last of Us and Stranger Things? Sure, but that allows it to throw in a TrT.

Okay then. Killer Klowns from Outer Space (getting TWO years of it, at that -- in 2019 first, so not even an anniversary year to its 1988), Krampus (the movie was a year prior and did...fine, financially), Poltergeist (not a huge franchise by any means, I'd say Silent Hill is equally as relevant if combining video game and film awareness), The Haunting of Hill House (3 years after the fact? Hm).

I feel like at least once a year there is at least one or two IPs that pop up randomly. I'd say a good half of everything is a tie in, but I don't think that's a hard fast rule like it used to be pre-2016. And even that was broken sometimes with AWIL, Hostel, This is the End (*shutters*), and even to some degree Black Sabbath and Alice Cooper.

The tides have changed and HHN is at a spot to do at least 1-2 mazes a year of any kind it wants. Will it still have major staples and tie ins like Chucky, Last of Us and Stranger Things? Sure, but that allows it to throw in a TrT.

Killer Klowns came because it was a huge success in Orlando (and repeated in USH cuz "budget stuff") and it was tied for the whole 80s gimmick they were going for. Same with Poltergeist and the 80s angle (and, sorry, but Silent Hill and Poltergeist are not on the same level).

Krampus was a Universal film and opened a working relationship with Dougherty - which brought in TrT the very next year. Either way, it still opened AFTER the film had its run and was still in the cultural zeitgeist.

Haunting of Hill House would've coincided with the premiere of the sequel series, Bly Manor, while also continuing the working relationship with Netflix. It also would've been 2 years had it not been for COVID. Regardless, Hill House is considered one of the best modern horror series and was still very much relevant during that timeframe.

The event is in a different place than when it was during the times of "This is the End" and the music IPs - which I'll agree, are better examples of random. The point is, there is a lot more "reason and rationale" than random than you're realizing.

Again, not saying Silent Hill CANT come - but after having issues with Evil Dead Rise and Exorcist: Believer, both with production and release date issues, I don't see them going to that well for a property like Silent Hill.

My man. There’s a lot to unpack here, but I need to respond to this Poltergeist/Silent Hill claim.

Poltergeist is one of the most iconic horror properties of all time that inspired so many other movies and movie franchises. Even if you’ve never seen Poltergeist you’ve at least heard of it. The same cannot be said about Silent Hill.

The words you are saying are the words of bubble speak. Within your friend group this may well be the case. I’ll even give you within the video game community Silent Hill (specifically SH2) may be more iconic.

But the video game community is not the general populace. Like, I’m just thinking of my family, most of whom don’t game. They would at least know what Poltergeist is. Ask them what Silent Hill is and you’ll get nothing I can guarantee you and I think results would show that as the case if you did an actual scientific poll on it.

I wasn't wow'd by Orlando's Silent Hill (scares were mid), but only got to see Hollywood's via video. I don't remember much, (except maybe black walls).

Wouldn't mind seeing the IP return. However, technically FNAF fills in both the IP film AND game house slot. It'll be promoting the movie obviously, but it's still also a videogame.

Orlando's Resident Evil house was beyond terrible, lots of Easter eggs from the game, but still terrible! ("Dogs on a stick" :eyes: ). I went through it multiple times only because I knew people in it lol.. what Japan did though looked amazing, but it's Japan. Still wouldn't mind Hollywood giving it a go... (I know I'll regret saying it lol)

I'm also on the "TEAM NO TCM" campaign. I'd be less fatigued by it if it was a ToT situation, but even that's pushing it.

NOES.... I want New Nightmare Freddy. Enough said :p

Reactions: chris.g and Freak
My man. There’s a lot to unpack here, but I need to respond to this Poltergeist/Silent Hill claim.

Poltergeist is one of the most iconic horror properties of all time that inspired so many other movies and movie franchises. Even if you’ve never seen Poltergeist you’ve at least heard of it. The same cannot be said about Silent Hill.

The words you are saying are the words of bubble speak. Within your friend group this may well be the case. I’ll even give you within the video game community Silent Hill (specifically SH2) may be more iconic.

But the video game community is not the general populace. Like, I’m just thinking of my family, most of whom don’t game. They would at least know what Poltergeist is. Ask them what Silent Hill is and you’ll get nothing I can guarantee you and I think results would show that as the case if you did an actual scientific poll on it.
I'm glad you said it. I was about to crawl back into my hole, assuming I must be way off in my thinking that Poltergeist was/is a much bigger property than Silent Hill. And, for what it's worth, Poltergeist was one of my all time favorite houses. I'd love to see it come back at some point.

To drive home Nick's point, I'm always surprised by the hype some of the game IPs get on these boards. I am not against it, but I just don't have much exposure to the gaming world within my peer groups. There aren't many people in my immediate circle that would be excited enough about Silent Hill or Resident Evil, or even FNAF, to make them feel like they had to go to HHN. But I think that's 100% a reflection of an echo chamber on both sides - I love seeing everyone's perspectives here because otherwise I have no clue that some of these properties have such a large following, even if sometimes I think they're overstated.

Reactions: Nick and Clive
If A HHN 2019 maze has to return though Instead of CreepShow can house of 1000 corpses return? We have not seen it since 2019 so it makes sense to return it to this year's HHN.

Why does 2019 matter?
Every single year including HHN 2021, 2022, and 2023 had a maze brought back from HHN 2019. I do think this was on purpose and I think they will continue to bring back a maze from 2019 that has not been brought back yet the only ones are ghostbusters, House Of 1000 Corpses, and Creepshow. For some reason John Murdy likes to bring back HHN Mazes from 2019.

Every single year including HHN 2021, 2022, and 2023 had a maze brought back from HHN 2019. I do think this was on purpose and I think they will continue to bring back a maze from 2019 that has not been brought back yet the only ones are ghostbusters, House Of 1000 Corpses, and Creepshow. For some reason John Murdy likes to bring back HHN Mazes from 2019.

It’s just a coincidence…

I wondering what does everyone think the terror tram theme this year will be. I think that since the terror tram theme has already been decided it could potentially be an IP tram or a tram celebrating the 60th anniversary of the studio tour tram.

I wondering what does everyone think the terror tram theme this year will be. I think that since the terror tram theme has already been decided it could potentially be an IP tram or a tram celebrating the 60th anniversary of the studio tour tram.
The latter, I can’t imagine Hollywood Harry sitting out the 60th anniversary of the tour

This was mentioned a while ago, but I think it's likely we could see The Last of Us as the Terror Tram theme. It was a very popular IP last year that could fit the Terror Tram very well. They could easily recycle some elements from the house, as well as utilize some ideas from The Walking Dead overlay.