Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Assuming Peele's next movie is 2025, then presumably it will have started marketing by the time the event starts (unless they choose a crazy far release date like Christmas 2025). Thus it can appear in whatever form a Jordan Peele presence at the event will take, even if it's something as minor as a poster in the lobby of the Dreamworks theater (I personally like the idea of a show there).

Just reminding everyone that they've already done a Jordan Peele Terror Tram...
To be fair, they've already done a Hollywood Harry Terror Tram (TWICE). Let's not forget the endless years of TWD Terror Tram & Purge has been used more than once for it. So while it's highly unlikely, it's still possible as far as spec is concerned.

In regards to that Jordan Peele Terror Tram, last time I checked, they STILL sell the merch for it in the Studios Store.

I fully believe we will get a second show (or some type of activation) in the Dreamworks Theater again.
Gonna throw my hat and say expanding it to be a Peacock Horror based experience with M&Gs, and an expanded show feels right. Allows you to cover multiple areas of NBCUniversals (Alongside Blumhouse and Atomic Monsters) horror catalogue.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Also wanting to implement the in-theatre effects isn't easy. Lots of programming required. That's why when Singapore uses "Scared Shrekless" inside Shrek 4D during haunt season, it doesn't use any of the effects/motion seats.

The challenge with expanding the show is that you're going to lower the nightly capacity for the show by having fewer runs of it.

I mean, they could also open it earlier. Adding a few minutes to the runtime won't have too substantial a capacity impact.

However, this is one of those weird situations where whatever they mount there can't be too popular. They don't have any room for an exterior queue (the usual Dreamworks overflow area is used for HHN back of house).

Reactions: chris.g
I mean, they could also open it earlier. Adding a few minutes to the runtime won't have too substantial a capacity impact.

However, this is one of those weird situations where whatever they mount there can't be too popular. They don't have any room for an exterior queue (the usual Dreamworks overflow area is used for HHN back of house).

I wonder if the opening time is dictated by the work they have to do to switch the pre-show area, but I guess they could also close the Dreamworks Theater during the day an hour before park close.

Reactions: Clive
The challenge with expanding the show is that you're going to lower the nightly capacity for the show by having fewer runs of it.
Yeah exactly the show is far more efficient when it’s short and unfortunately I expect it to be another sizzle reel much like @AlexanderMBush stated earlier I could see a more vague peacock theme giving them a lot more to work with than just blumhouse

The last Ring film "Rings" was released in February 2017...
The last Grudge film "The Grudge" (prequel/reboot) was released January 2020..

It's way past their hype train era...

If I may ask: why? These are films that certainly resonate for older millennials (me) but is there staying power beyond that?

I think they're pretty iconic horror films and characters (both Japanese and American versions)in their own right regardless of recent sequels.

If the current year was 2007. Maybe. It is now 2024. I think if they brought the Ring to HHN this year people are gonna be like “Bro why are they doing Lord of the Rings?”
the girl with the long hair crawling creepy is still iconic. But knotts has this character already and it’s a better scare than HHN would ever do.

The first Ring was a massive hit, the crappy Ring sequel that no-one liked still made 160m, and the crappy legasequel in 2017 still made 80m. Even if there hasn't been a movie recently, it is almost certainly a bigger property than something like Trick R Treat. It's not as big a property as, say, The Conjuring, and it's not particularly easy to turn into a house, but I assume that it'll be on the list when the inevitable Ringboot happens.

The Ring is iconic (7 daaaayyyss), but I doubt it really crosses anyone's radar. Similar films have come out since to fill that void. I don't even remember when the last time I watched it, probably not since the 2nd film.

No offense, but just because you personally haven't watched it in years doesn't mean it's suddenly irrelevant for others. I don't think it's coming, either, if ever, but if the reason you're dismissing it is because "It's way past their hype train era...," then that logic doesn't really hold up at an event where we've gotten things like An American Werewolf in London and Killer Klowns. And like @rageofthegods said, Trick r' Treat is a great example, too. And if we're using personal experiences, then I know many people who have been/go to the event and haven't seen one or all of those films but have absolutely seen The Ring.

I'd have a sneaking suspicion that The Ring would have more "brand awareness" than any of those. If you slapped Samara in the marketing, people would absolutely come because of her, especially people in their 20s/30s (kind of like Jake said) who remember when she pervaded pop culture at the time and have nostalgia for a scary movie that came out when they were young that was something they could all talk about at school, etc. (which I remember everyone doing when I was in high school at the time) and have even passed that along as an "introductory horror movie" to their kids.

my two cents.

The Ring is iconic enough to appear anytime if they choose to.

The Grudge… probably not.
The Grudge's deal is just too confusing. She follows you to your apartment, but also she stays in the original apartment, and also she can go to the hospital, and also she haunts closets, bedsheets and showers? Huh?

Doesn't help that the movie's timeline is cut like a Christopher Nolan movie in the Looper machine.

It's a shame too because it has some of the best imagery of any 2000s horror movie. That staircase!

The Ring couldn't headline HHN, but it would fit perfectly in that Trick R Treat/Killer Klowns/Creepshow slot. It's a more known property than those, but compared to other IP out there, it's sorta mid-range -- not really a GP-getter. But I think horror fans would eat it up, especially millennials. It's a formidable movie for us.

The Grudge, not so much. It was the I Know What You Did Last Summer to The Ring's Scream, never anything more than an attempt to capitalize on a trend. It does have its own dedicated following (just like IKWYDLS does), but not like The Ring.