Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Agreed I might also be bias because I am a huge fan of the Weekend but the Fnaf Movie was not as good as I expected I expected more to be honest. If The Maze is a combination of the Fnaf Games than sure why not. The Games have more better content than the movie if they wanted to combine the games. I am one of the people who agrees that the VR game Help Wanted has a lot of content that could make for a really good maze. It has a good story and I think it could fit HHN. Also an Ice Nine Kills maze sounds fun.

To reiterate what I mean by what I spoke--but to me; The Weeknd feels very much apt to that of what makes sense on the perspective of a headliner nature and in how much there is to promote.

I use logic similar to Ghostbusters as I brought up on the HHN33 thread, and give this:

• The Weeknd's Final Album is releasing This Year. The first lead single is seemingly going to be released on February 16th; Abel Tesfaye's birthday; with it likely releasing around May/June.
  • The Weeknd has worked (is working) on a untitled film directed by Trey Edwards Schults; featuring Abel Tesfaye playing The Weeknd alongside Jenna Ortega and Barry Keoghan. Speculation and rumors have pointed to it being a horror film; with the premise being of The Weeknd losing his voice at a concert, and being kidnapped. (There have also been rumors of the final album having a connection to that of the film directly, similar to Pink Floyd's The Wall).
  • Producers affiliated with The Weeknd have indicated that the concert tours will be taking place in the North American territories as opposed to doing Australia or Asia (which I assume would boil down due to the geographical climates requiring the rescheduling that has seemingly been forced due to the cancellation of shows last year).
  • John Murdy has had active hands on The Weeknd with 2022's AHN, and had a hand in giving Singapore assets and allocations for that of After Hours Til Dawn in Singapore. From interviews, Abel has also seemingly had an expression of gratitude towards how the HHN teams have adapted the works of the artist.
To me, I have been on the train and I will accept when I am defeated; but The Weeknd feels like the most clear and present IP to have as a headliner given the timelines and how much HHN likes to have an IP be there to promote something alongside it.

I expect to be wrong, but I am really hoping to god that I am right. When I think of IP Headliners, it's The Weeknd alongside maybe two other IP's.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrimmFan
Speaking of Singapore, that's an HHN filing cabinet of concepts & icons I'd love to play in (while also getting severely creeped out). I'd love to see some of their past content adapted for Hollywood

I'd also want to "borrow" the Cyberpunk Universal Monsters from HHN Japan. That SZ concept looked insane for a new take. Would make a fun house too.

Speaking of Singapore, that's an HHN filing cabinet of concepts & icons I'd love to play in (while also getting severely creeped out). I'd love to see some of their past content adapted for Hollywood

I'd also want to "borrow" the Cyberpunk Universal Monsters from HHN Japan. That SZ concept looked insane for a new take. Would make a fun house too.
In the terms of Singapore--I want their Grimm Encounters. From testimonials and those who were there; it sounded like multiple dials up in intensity to that of what Scary Tales is.

I wish Hollywood would be more open to icons, but Murdy has a point about the difficulty due to multiple IPs (although that excuse gets thrown out the window when you've got The Director, The Usher, unused The Projectionist, or even Jack's Carnival of Carnage in 2007)
Agreed I love icons the Usher was my favorite icon from HHN Orlando. I loved how he was themed to horror movies in general and was a usher at the universal palace theater. He was the perfect icon. If we can't have him as a icon maybe we could get a original based off of a movie theater or he could just make a terror tram themed towards the Usher or different HHN Icons. Although I don't know if Murdy is willing to bring back icons. He could of course do what you said and make the actually characters from IPS the HHN Hollywood Icons. On Twitter he responded to my request about HHN Icons by saying that he views Icons as the original characters he created from mazes and the terror tram. So this would mean that he views Larva Larry from hhn 2023 as an icon.

The Puppet Master would make such a cool Icon

He's at the top of my Singapore list. Along with the recent KILListrator!

Singapore has been doing great with their icon/iconic characters. I love that they also deep dive different Asian legends/lore similar to our current Hispanic/Latin American trend.
That Icon Sounds fun I would love art/artist themed Icon. We need to somehow convince John Murdy to bring icons back. Even if they are IP Icons I don't care I just want them back. I mean their could be a possibility to have the event themed to an Icon Since "Never Go Alone" Should have been purged.

That Icon Sounds fun I would love art/artist themed Icon.
He was created for their 10th anniversary. Here's a link about him & his house..

Killustrator: The Final Chapter at USS Halloween Horror Nights 10

On a completely somewhat unrelated note, if The Exterminatorz house does happen, I hope it recaptures the energy of the 2015 SZ. Terror Tram was more on the goofy B-Movie side rather than the "oh crap! Gotta run away" side of the SZ. Hopefully they can find the right balance.

Murdy said construction wouldn't start until April this year. I wonder if he meant outdoor construction? That seems awfully late to start, and crushes my spirit for construction season.

Maybe they have more staff to build the houses this year?
Yeah, maybe. I'm sure last year's rain and the rain we've already gotten this year plays into it. I would have assumed they'd start building out the soundstage sets a little earlier but maybe it's not feasible to take them out of service this early. All that said, Murdy's been wrong before about construction so maybe he's off on this one too.

And here I was emphasizing the word "puke" in my head & dreading the return of the "vomit scent" for the house :eyes: o_O
Tbh as stinky as it gets I feel like the bad smells enhance a house lol. I'll never forget the smells from Exorcist: Believer, nearly puking my first run :lmao:

“Almost puked when I wrote it.

I highlighted the word “it” not to make some far-reaching conclusion we’re getting It, I highlighted that word to emphasize it is singular.

Terrifier?
I wouldn’t count on classic IPs

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g