Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While we're speculating, I realized this might be the year we get Lost Boys. WB seems to be making a concerted effort to push it in merchandising + that musical, they might actually want it at HHN

Arrested Development Tobias GIF

While we're speculating, I realized this might be the year we get Lost Boys. WB seems to be making a concerted effort to push it in merchandising + that musical, they might actually want it at HHN
Merchandising? I don't know what you're even referring to *hides lounge pants, t-shirts, hoodie & David action figure*

Seriously though, it'd be a fun one to explore. "They're just noodles Michael"

If Orlando can be over-saturated by zombies in multiple forms in 2013, Hollywood can get overrun with vampires

- Dracula
- The Lost Boys
- Abigail :eyes::lol:
No I'd rather have NOES to be honest I want a mix of IP's The Lost can come but I want slashers. I'm a huge slasher fan.

It was a joke. And there's 8 houses not just 3 :rolleyes:
I knew that was a joke. Also what's the chance on HHN getting at least a slasher this year it doesn't have to be Freddy Kruger but A well known slasher might just be enough to headline the event. Slashers are popular and Freddy Kruger can highlight the event just on his own most likely. Also It's been a long time since we saw the original NOES as a maze. I don't even remember them doing a maze off of the original movie. The Orlando Thread does not believe he will come though.

Wasn't it more so the "Hannibal" TV series than the old movie?
No, the movie. The "Lecterverse" (ugh) has a notoriously thorny legal history as an IP. I think it's kind of an open secret that HHN has wanted SOTL for a while, but it's difficult to negotiate. Maybe something has changed and this is finally the year?

What I would give to hear “Cry Little Sister” and “I Still Believe” inside of the house.
Tim Capello performing in front of the facade or we riot.

No, the movie. The "Lecterverse" (ugh) has a notoriously thorny legal history as an IP. I think it's kind of an open secret that HHN has wanted SOTL for a while, but it's difficult to negotiate. Maybe something has changed and this is finally the year?

Tim Capello performing in front of the facade or we riot.
To Be honest the silence of the labs as a standalone maze seems like a good idea. Maybe this year might finally be the year. It would be a good film to have as a maze in HHN and might lead to some creepy scenes. I'm for this maze idea and I think it might go really well. If they can get the IP that is.

To Be honest the silence of the labs as a standalone maze seems like a good idea. Maybe this year might finally be the year. It would be a good film to have as a maze in HHN and might lead to some creepy scenes. I'm for this maze idea and I think it might go really well. If they can get the IP that is.
Murdy really wanted to do it, I guess it was already mentioned with tweet that he had wanted to do originally before the show got cancelled. They don't need an anniversary, the first film has a lot they could work and add some originality to the lore of the Lector, similar how they did with the tcm houses; added little scenes here and there and it would be really good.

Also It's been a long time since we saw the original NOES as a maze. I don't even remember them doing a maze off of the original movie.
Original Freddy Krueger was used in 2007, 2008 (as the main focal point), 2016 (in the form of FvsJ), 2017 as part of the Titans of Terror house & Tram. He lends himself better as an IP original rather than a direct movie rehash.

Original Freddy was also used unofficially in the early years (1997/1998) as part of the "modern horror" mashup mazes hosted by the Crypt Keeper.

2010 used "remake" Freddy.

Reactions: PrimalScream1996
Original Freddy Krueger was used in 2007, 2008 (as the main focal point), 2016 (in the form of FvsJ), 2017 as part of the Titans of Terror house & Tram. He lends himself better as an IP original rather than a direct movie rehash.

Original Freddy was also used unofficially in the early years (1997/1998) as part of the "modern horror" mashup mazes hosted by the Crypt Keeper.

2010 used "remake" Freddy.
I agree, Murdy has a better chance to go an original ip route with Freddy than continue to just rehash the same maze that he has done previously, there are better opportunities to use Freddy in other ways even bringing us more into the dreamworld than what we've seen in the films, I would love for them to use the basis of Freddy's Dead and and use that route for an original direction for Freddy.

• Love
Reactions: ProjectScare
I want to talk more about this topic but Imagine we actually do get some sort of Freddy Kruger maze and of course also the fnaf maze. It would be funny to do an announcement trailer where they both meet each other for the first time. Also for some reason potentially having two Freddy at the event would be pretty funny.

No different than having Cabin in the Woods & Evil Dead the same year or The Walking Dead & Resident Evil. Of course those all happened the same year (2013) in Orlando.

I wouldn't get too invested with IP character interaction as far as commercials go. That's not really how they do it. Also it comes with a lot of strings attached when promoting.

Reactions: GrimmFan
True I want to know what this IPS this thread thinks may be coming to this year's HHN I'm sure we can figure out a more accurate lineup than the other HHN threads who think they know everything. Also I wonder if the gate will have a something projected on it I have been wanting this to come back for a long time since HHN 2019. Although that theme was retro it would not make sense for something like this to happen unless this year's theme was similar.

Last edited:
I want to talk more about this topic but Imagine we actually do get some sort of Freddy Kruger maze and of course also the fnaf maze. It would be funny to do an announcement trailer where they both meet each other for the first time. Also for some reason potentially having two Freddy at the event would be pretty funny.

Let’s try to stay on topic, please.