Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
of the entire franchise, I think that only the first one, maybe the second and and the 2000s remake had positive opinions and reviews. 3 and 4 were not received well, kinda forgotten ( part 4 is actually an embarrassment for the actors) then the prequel to the remake was kind of forgotten, then Texas 3d was not well received, it was kinda hated, then the other prequel Leatherface was even more ignored, no one watched it. then the Netflix one got trashed.
In terms of cinematic quality, the original, the second, and the Platinum Dunes remake duology from the early aughts are the best. The original sets the bar, and many of the other movies (the third and fourth, Chainsaw 3D) are just imitations. The second and arguably the fourth have a goofy vibe to them - Chop Top and the carnival in the second, Matthew McConaughey and the weird meta humor in the fourth - that could make a good comedy house, but I doubt they'd ever go wacky with TCM. The Platinum Dunes movies are very good for HHN, because stuff like the meat factory and the terrific meat locker room from Back in Business are only in the remake, so I kind of hope they lean on the 2003 version since they just did the 1974 OG.

My problem with the Netflix movie is that it eliminated all of the stuff about Leatherface's family and the meat business and so forth and just made him another generic killer. So I personally would prefer the house NOT to be based on that one, though a recreation of the blacklight party bus massacre could be sick.

Return of the JW queue?!?
Severely unlikely. Not impossible, but the only way to access that area would be to go all way around Nintendo & double-back.

They ruined the backstage area when they redid Jurassic & built Nintendo. I'll try to take a pic of the area while on the Studio Tour when I go on Tuesday (unless someone volunteers to brave the heat/crowds this weeknd)

Are they using SS12 instead of SS22 (where Exorcist was last year)? I thought they had a nice set up last year, with the exit for that house right next to the entrance to the Tpad house.

Reactions: saint.piss
Severely unlikely. Not impossible, but the only way to access that area would be to go all way around Nintendo & double-back.

They ruined the backstage area when they redid Jurassic & built Nintendo. I'll try to take a pic of the area while on the Studio Tour when I go on Tuesday (unless someone volunteers to brave the heat/crowds this weeknd)
Not necessarily, there is a walkway but it’s employee only area.

We don't know yet. It's just the vloggers seeing an open/empty SS & automatically thinking it's for HHN

It's not empty. When you look at the Five Fires video, if you brighten it up it shows this:
1719026109122.png

Photo is altered with help via @00_Themeparkfan_00; as the frames are up in a way that feels much closer to a HHN house than they'd be for a production in development (I also believe the production that was there, Bel Air; has since wrapped and removed any that remains.

Ooooo I'll try to use my zoom if it's open, not that it'll really "reveal" anything... but I'll try.

The trek to SS12 will at least spread out the herd

Not necessarily, there is a walkway but it’s employee only area.
Yea, I worked at Jurassic so I'm familiar with that area lol..

They would use the backstage access point by the bathrooms for express back in the day for houses. It's not a practical access point. And neither is the emergency exit of DinoPlay. And the upper level gets used for a bar/VIP now. So it'd be a queue-ing nightmare to even attempt Jurassic as a location again.

SS12 is the biggest and most famous on the lot, I can't see them using it for HHN, it's pretty much the most booked SS for the absolute biggest productions -- even before The Voice. Then again, filming in LA is at an all time low. You could easily fit two, hell, maybe even 3 mazes in there. Not that I am complaining, would be thrilled, but seems very pie in the sky.

If you take this as a straightforward rebus, you get Pininga. The shutterstock image is of a pin, the lion is a logo for ING bank, and Fonzie is known for saying "aaay:

What the heck does Pininga mean? No idea, but when I googled it, this song title came up:
Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 07-36-19 ▶︎ PININGA - FREAKÇÃO Tormenta.png

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Status
Not open for further replies.