Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looking around Twitter, the consensus seems to be:

The soundstages and Insidious: Great
TWD: Meh to awful. Good sets but completely lacking in scares.
Asylum: This one is pretty mixed. Some say it's great and the best 3D house they've done, others have said it's a typical 3D house.
Run: The consensus seems to be that it's good but has way too much open space.
Purge: I've been seeing a lot of good reactions from this one. A lot from Scream has been kept over.
Carnage Arrives: Great
Bill and Ted: Mixed
The scarezones all seem like hits.

Last edited:
I'm a little biased but I wouldn't say Bill and Ted was awful. It was really good! The opening was a little weaker than the past 2 years but there are some really great moments. Definitely has a more Halloween feel and some great homages to the past.

Hmm mostly good reactions to "The Purge"? My friend did not think it was great, but once again they may have been biased against it as the love the movie "Scream". Most of my internet searches have turned up mixed reactions so I am really not sure what to think of this one (although everyone loves the queue).

Speaking of queues, does anyone have facade pics of the various houses? My buddy forgot his phone so I got nothing and really want to see what "Alice" looks like.

I heard bill and ted avoided lots of moments in pop culture that would cause controversy. It's probably a better show because of it. That's good to hear about Alice I have high hopes for that one. Also the facade for it is awesome, imagine a comic book cover like the inbetween but with Alice. I'm sure someone will post a picture of it soon

I stopped by this morning to get a look at the HHN store at Twister and was pretty impressed, a lot of cool props from the past in there. I picked up the AP pin, the regular pin and the t-shirt with the icons and Chucky (He's so randomly out of place on there). So pumped for tomorrow night. Any recommendations on where to stay after 5 for stay and scream? I'm thinking Springfield since it will be close to Insidious and I feel it would be wise to go for that house first.

I stopped by this morning to get a look at the HHN store at Twister and was pretty impressed, a lot of cool props from the past in there. I picked up the AP pin, the regular pin and the t-shirt with the icons and Chucky (He's so randomly out of place on there). So pumped for tomorrow night. Any recommendations on where to stay after 5 for stay and scream? I'm thinking Springfield since it will be close to Insidious and I feel it would be wise to go for that house first.
Unless you signed up for the AP event there is no springfield since the tents are exlusive for the AP event the first two weekend. Best bet would be to do up by Lucy and do Monsters then maybe try to go to the tents right as the event opens as the passholders will be clearing out if there by then.

Reactions: anihilnation
One final thing I'm going to add before heading off to work for the evening. Walking around the park this morning I noticed that all the signage for everything including bars and food were Jack themed and not Walking Dead. All I have to say is, THANK GOD. I was concerned they would still be shoving it down our throats. I feel like even FvJ may have a bit more love this year in advertising than TWD. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of Walking Dead at HHN. But I doubt it.

Why did they shorten the passholder preview period? I forget what it was last year but 2 years ago it was 5:00 to 6:30.

And if anyone knows... if you are at the back of the cluster for the passholder event how long is the line usually? Because depending on my placement tomorrow I might skip walking dead and just do purge and insidious so I will be ready to get to the sound stages when they release us from our area.

My friend and I also have plus 1's and as of currently we don't have other people. I'll know for sure tomorrow if we will have space to bring 2 in. So for people that will be in the parks and otherwise to stay and scream I may be able to help out.

So, is tonight a quiet night for HHN giving them time to reflect on the successes and failures of last night? Tomorrow is the night they plug in the smoke machines again, right?

Yup. They fix broken effects, figure out what works/doesn't work etc. Apparently they also still have a few more props to add, not 100% sure though.

So, is tonight a quiet night for HHN giving them time to reflect on the successes and failures of last night? Tomorrow is the night they plug in the smoke machines again, right?

Last night was not an official night, it was TM preview night. If anything is adjustment off day it's this coming Sunday thru Wednesday. The 20th is the only Sunday off this whole time.

Reactions: SeventyOne