Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are you basing this off what you read on OU/Twitter? Because, sadly, I'm hearing the opposite re: Jack's show.
Well... I actually don't know what I was basing it on. It's a very solid production. However, I myself even have some qualms with the show and think it's a tad overrated. The middle of the show tends to drag on and with no seating, I can see regular guests not caring for it. You can actually notice about 1/3-1/2 way through, people start leaving in large groups.

So yeah, I guess I was just letting the internet get to me on that one.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I love the Walking Dead and thought this years house was pretty good (I know that is not the consensus). I would guess that many who came because of the WD have seen the merits of the event regardless of a WD house. I think the issue next year will be how big of a drop off will they have because of the 25 year hype and is there another IP out there that could replace the WD (other than The Fear of the WD :)).
If I had to guess, The Conjuring will be next year's main IP draw.

If I had to guess, The Conjuring will be next year's main IP draw.
I would concur with that.

If we go back to the theory that they may have one returning house in future years to help save money and fill out the 9 house roster, i'd wager The Purge will be back - and done right. There's another Purge movie coming out next year and I can see Aiello wanting to get a chance to do the house right. It would basically be an entirely new house.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
If we go back to the theory that they may have one returning house in future years to help save money and fill out the 9 house roster
Why do we assume that a returning house saves money? My understanding was that AWIL was rebuilt. While I'm sure props and some elements are saved and used again this already happens anyways they just repurpose them for other houses. I can't imagine that they save 7-8 houses each year and store them somewhere.

Reactions: Cole
Why do we assume that a returning house saves money? My understanding was that AWIL was rebuilt. While I'm sure props and some elements are saved and used again this already happens anyways they just repurpose them for other houses. I can't imagine that they save 7-8 houses each year and store them somewhere.

Well it is cheaper.... :lol:

Reactions: SeventyOne
I can't imagine that they save 7-8 houses each year and store them somewhere.
You'd be sadly mistaken if you don't think all of this stuff doesn't go into storage. Many of the props on Jack's stage are from years and years ago. They aren't just gonna trash all of this stuff that they spent a boatload of money on.

You'd be sadly mistaken if you don't think all of this stuff doesn't go into storage. Many of the props on Jack's stage are from years and years ago. They aren't just gonna trash all of this stuff that they spent a boatload of money on.
Yeah I understand props are saved but every year I see photos of them tearing down walls and new construction photos. By now I'm sure they have enough props stored to do whatever they want.

Yeah I understand props are saved but every year I see photos of them tearing down walls and new construction photos.
What do you mean?

And yeah they can do whatever they want, but I was just posting a hypothetical, which was based on speculation, that we may see returning houses each year. I was simply saying The Purge would make sense.

They have a props and furniture warehouse nearby plus a warehouse much like a used Home Depot of woodwork, door and window frames and on and on. These are pared in a database next to data from building supply companies. So many unrecognizable things are reused but signature recognizable things are thrown out, except if they believe they can reuse it again in a different way.

Reactions: Cole and Nick
What do you mean?

And yeah they can do whatever they want, but I was just posting a hypothetical, which was based on speculation, that we may see returning houses each year. I was simply saying The Purge would make sense.
I guess what I'm saying is I don't see how doing a repeat house saves money.

As much as i'd want The Conjuring to be next years draw...I still think its The Walking Dead. The only difference here is that they are most likely saying "NEW! Fear The Walking Dead - (Insert cheesy title here)" and that'd still get some people for that TWD craze.
I know season 2 of FTWD is already confirmed so who knows ... personally I don't think the first season was good. First episode was great but then it quickly fell apart and just turned into that typical man vs military thing. Ironically, the season does lend itself to a house easily. The church, the school, the streets then the military base.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I guess what I'm saying is I don't see how doing a repeat house saves money.
Because all they have to do is re-assemble.... in most cases.

With The Purge, they'd likely do an almost 100% new house seeing as they got screwed this time around. As I said, The Purge 3 is coming out next year too so it would be a relevant fit still.

Because i'm sure that'll work extremely well, I mean; look at TITE.

I don't want to watch as i'll be going in a few weeks. I've actually steered clear of most USH HHN talk so I don't know what thoughts are about stuff there. However, I was being a bit sarcastic, pretty much saying i'm sure they'll find some way to fit TWD in, even if it makes no F'ing sense.

TITE always struck me as an odd choice though, I will admit. I assume it's no good from the tone of your comment.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I would concur with that.

If we go back to the theory that they may have one returning house in future years to help save money and fill out the 9 house roster, i'd wager The Purge will be back - and done right. There's another Purge movie coming out next year and I can see Aiello wanting to get a chance to do the house right. It would basically be an entirely new house.
Yeah, I have a feeling Purge will be back properly, but I can see a lot of backlash if both that and TWD return.

You dont think Scream will be the IP anchor next year??? :biggrin:
God I wish.