Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well with so many IPs, the only thing the website would benefit on today's event is the backstories to the 4-5 original houses. I miss the days of the fun games and clues but sadly its pretty pointless now
I think emphasis on websites in general has shifted to social media. This is true with pretty much everything. It's just not the way to market anymore, times change.

Reactions: Cole and SeventyOne
Got to meet Doc and Emily from the Face Off competition show on Friday. They were just hanging out in the main store.

Talked to them for about 10 minutes. They were two of our favorites on the series and it was amazing that they took the time to talk with us that long.

Reactions: Cole and Brian G.
Next time they should just release the art work of the event on twitter and facebook then
That's what I meant. The scarezone art work. The blueprints, behind the scenes pics

If no one gives a s-t about the site, I hope they just use instagram to post all the cool stuff they would put on the sites

What happened to Jason and Freddy in the scarezone? Why were they removed?
If they were removed, i'd imagine it'd be because they were clogging the streets. They weren't scareactors as much as they were a photo op. The characters couldn't move an inch without being asked to stop for a selfie (and they were always surrounded by a crowd anyway, so it was sort of hard to move anyway).

Basically, it wasn't scary (guessing). They were just sort of like celebrities out on the streets.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Watching the app and tonight is insane. Most everything 90 plus with insidous 140, purge 130, and fvj and WD at 120. But with tomorrow off for people I can understand why.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Tonight was crazy busy and on top of it seemed a little rowdy from the get go. Hadn't even gotten into the park and someone had thrown up at the ticket booths. Saw one couple chasing and trying tongrab bride of Chucky around trying to get a picture with her. Got it of there early, can't imagine what later tonight will look like.

Thursday's and Sunday's seem to be the busiest this year so far (Sunday's the busiest overall). I'd say mostly because FFP is active on those days - on top of that, it's Columbus Day weekend, which means for many up north, they have a 3-day weekend.

If they were removed, i'd imagine it'd be because they were clogging the streets. They weren't scareactors as much as they were a photo op. The characters couldn't move an inch without being asked to stop for a selfie (and they were always surrounded by a crowd anyway, so it was sort of hard to move anyway).

Basically, it wasn't scary (guessing). They were just sort of like celebrities out on the streets.

thats what i guessed but it still sucks.... they were the best thing of that modern cast. cant imagine what would have happened if they had Michael or Leatherface as well...

Anyone still think they aren't thinking about what to do with the Frequent Fear Pass program?

Anyone still think they aren't thinking about what to do with the Frequent Fear Pass program?
if anything it is the Florida (burger King) discount that they should be worrying about,
as well as employee discount or employees getting in for free, if Disney charges workers for their halloween party I think Uni should charge at least 20 bucks a day for employees. (I could see fans trying to get any kind of seasonal job to be able to go to HHN every day if they got rid of FFP lol)

Uni should be smart and make every day cost 100, get rid of any discounts, get rid of FFP plus and charge employees
100 flat for everyone every day (besides the 20 bucks for employee tickets)

Reactions: s8film40
Uni should be smart and make every day cost 100, get rid of any discounts, get rid of FFP plus and charge employees
100 flat for everyone every day (besides the 20 bucks for employee tickets)
I don't really see this happening. Universal really likes to pack as many people in as possible.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Thursday's and Sunday's seem to be the busiest this year so far (Sunday's the busiest overall). I'd say mostly because FFP is active on those days - on top of that, it's Columbus Day weekend, which means for many up north, they have a 3-day weekend.

Been saying this since a year or two after Hogsmeade opened, but this weekend definitively proved Sundays are now worse than Fridays. Chatter suggests that while this was Northeastern tourists last night, local schools being out, UCF Night and hospitality nights mean the next two Sundays should be even worse.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Alright, this comes up every year, but last night, exponentially more kids (talking under 12, with plenty under 8) than I've ever seen at the event before. Other friends I met throughout the night commented on this as well. Watched Jack show next to a kid no older than 9. Watched a girl who was maybe 7 run terrified from a chainsaw into the Central Park smoking area.

I still think Marketing does a decent job conveying this is an adult event--I can only chalk it up to bad parenting. Time to put an age limit on the event?

Alright, this comes up every year, but last night, exponentially more kids (talking under 12, with plenty under 8) than I've ever seen at the event before. Other friends I met throughout the night commented on this as well. Watched Jack show next to a kid no older than 9. Watched a girl who was maybe 7 run terrified from a chainsaw into the Central Park smoking area.

I still think Marketing does a decent job conveying this is an adult event--I can only chalk it up to bad parenting. Time to put an age limit on the event?
Think of it this way though...

If an event keeps growing and drawing larger crowds, some of those new people are going to have kids with them. A growth in attendance is just natural that there will be a natural growth of youth at the event.

The vast majority that come to the event do not have kids still.

Yeah I guess it makes sense with school being out on Monday. I also saw more strollers than normal last night, even saw one of the Universal rental strollers. I'm fine with kids being there, but it is an adult event and the parents should only take the kids if they are mature enough and can act like adults.

I'm going to disagree. Time will tell.
I will say I am interested to see if they add Halloween night to FFP this year. I'm indifferent to going that night but curious if they regret what happened last year. Last year was the first time they didn't add the last day when it fell on a Saturday to the pass. That night ended up being one of the slowest of the event and I can't imagine someone wasn't looking at how much lost revenue that created.

Ultimately I think the only factor that could result in reduction of FFP is sellouts. I'm sure they have some formula for how many tickets they can sell on nights with FFP, FFP+ and non FFP nights. The only reason they would want to reduce FFP is if it is keeping them from selling tickets. The next two weeks will tell us how much demand there is. I don't doubt there is some tipping point where selling those extra tickets outweigh the FFP park spending. Personally I think this is the reason Diagon Alley and a 9th house were added, they would rather have the best of both worlds sell more tickets and let the FFP in as much as possible. I think with those additions we could see only 1 or 2 sellout days like last year or even less possibly none. If we get four or five sellout days I could see some rethinking of the FFP structure, if we don't get any or only one or two I would say it's business as usual for next years FFP. As you said time will tell, especially the next couple of weeks.