Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 211 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For the hotel entrace into hhn does each person need a key or if you have one person who isn't at the hotel with you they will let them come in that way as well?

Overall this was a very good year. All the zones were nice even the altars one. All houses were okay, none of them were truly horrible ( we didnt get a 3D house thank god) both shows were really good. Crowds were less crazy than before.
I had a good time this year. The chainsaw clowns were really great. Trick r treat was a dream come true. Scarecrow house made seasoned hardcore HHN veteran fans i went with scream and get freaked out. Im so glad universal added nov 4 and 5 so i can do everything one last time.

I hope next year is this good. Not everything was an A+ but nothing got an F for me either.

Couldn’t agree more. I am relatively new to the event and was worried after all the negativity that surrounded the lack of details leading up to the event. At one point I was seriously getting concerned the event was going to suck due to all the negativity - next year I will not concern myself with that although I do hope we get more details earlier.

One thing that I wasn’t too concerned about but is now bothering me is the loss of B&T. I found myself really enjoying this show and simply wonder what will replace it. While AOV is incredible I just don’t feel the Halloween vibe with it. I sure hope they have something great planned.

I also hope that the changes they made regarding alcohol remain intact. Found there to be fewer intoxicated idiots this year. I know the changes to alcohol bothered people but I was happy about it and am more likely to take my son next year.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I also hope that the changes they made regarding alcohol remain intact. Found there to be fewer intoxicated idiots this year. I know the changes to alcohol bothered people but I was happy about it and am more likely to take my son next year.

I noticed this too.

I also had some young kid approach me as I was leaving a house say "are you over 21"? I was laughing inside and felt like saying "Kid I already know your question before your going to ask" but I wanted to hear his story. Turns out he has his cash but somehow left his ID in the car and needed me to buy him beer. Sounds legit. haha..

I quickly grew tired of his phony act of acting older and said "Your not over 21 man. Sorry dude but I'm not buying your beer"

I noticed this too.

I also had some young kid approach me as I was leaving a house say "are you over 21"? I was laughing inside and felt like saying "Kid I already know your question before your going to ask" but I wanted to hear his story. Turns out he has his cash but somehow left his ID in the car and needed me to buy him beer. Sounds legit. haha..

I quickly grew tired of his phony act of acting older and said "Your not over 21 man. Sorry dude but I'm not buying your beer"

Funny. I know there is a narrative where people think restricting the alcohol etc will somehow lead to the houses being less scary, tamer, etc.

I don’t see the connection there.

Where there is a connection is attendance and $$$. Hopefully they didn’t lose a bunch of money b/c of it. In past years I would never consider bringing my son (not bc of the content but the guests). Will consider next year.

Couldn’t agree more. I am relatively new to the event and was worried after all the negativity that surrounded the lack of details leading up to the event. At one point I was seriously getting concerned the event was going to suck due to all the negativity - next year I will not concern myself with that although I do hope we get more details earlier.
Yep. Couple words to the wise, though.

Marketing means nothing in relation to the quality of the event. Fans tend to forget that. Anyone who says "This year is going to suck because there's no icon/no theme/they haven't revealed anything" has completely lost the plot on what makes the event enjoyable.

It's also important to know that Universal can't be certain what will work and what won't until a couple weeks before the event when rehearsals start. All the testing and planning can go out the window with casting and crowds.

Never anticipate this event. If you want to go, just go.

^^^ Thanks Legacy and I learned that lesson this year. Like I said I was having doubts b/c of all the naysayers and then had an absolute blast. Will be going until I don't enjoy myself - which I don't see happening anytime soon.

Happy Halloween to you.

Yep. Couple words to the wise, though.

Marketing means nothing in relation to the quality of the event. Fans tend to forget that. Anyone who says "This year is going to suck because there's no icon/no theme/they haven't revealed anything" has completely lost the plot on what makes the event enjoyable.

It's also important to know that Universal can't be certain what will work and what won't until a couple weeks before the event when rehearsals start. All the testing and planning can go out the window with casting and crowds.

Never anticipate this event. If you want to go, just go.
Honestly, there is a certain organic nature to haunted experiences....Unfortunately every move they make at HHN is documented and public...Unlike HOS or even Screamaggedon, that can pretty much try whatever they want

I dig the fact that a house I hated at the beginning of the event may be my favorite by the end...The event grows and changes as it moves through the calendar...And it will never exist in the same form it is in again..

Reactions: SeventyOne
Honestly, there is a certain organic nature to haunted experiences....Unfortunately every move they make at HHN is documented and public...Unlike HOS or even Screamaggedon, that can pretty much try whatever they want

I dig the fact that a house I hated at the beginning of the event may be my favorite by the end...The event grows and changes as it moves through the calendar...And it will never exist in the same form it is in again..
There is, but that inevitable change is one of my biggest gripes with how Universal markets and operates the event.

The event’s quality is not the same opening weekend as it is mid-October. Really, the performances rarely start clicking until week 3 (hi, Blumhouse). Nearly every other haunt in the nation knows this and, as a result, gradually increases their admission costs the better their show gets (and the closer it gets to Halloween).

Universal ignores that. Opening night (which is still basically a rehearsal for the performers) costs the same as the last week when everything is quality. For guests, they’re paying more for less then.

Can we not with this and just wait til the end of the week?

Sheesh.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Joel
There is, but that inevitable change is one of my biggest gripes with how Universal markets and operates the event.

The event’s quality is not the same opening weekend as it is mid-October. Really, the performances rarely start clicking until week 3 (hi, Blumhouse). Nearly every other haunt in the nation knows this and, as a result, gradually increases their admission costs the better their show gets (and the closer it gets to Halloween).

Universal ignores that. Opening night (which is still basically a rehearsal for the performers) costs the same as the last week when everything is quality. For guests, they’re paying more for less then.
Very true...I wonder how that would work for somewhere like Universal..

I know HOS calls the first weekend "Freaky Preview" which buys them the "it's not ready yet card"

I know it's early but "TheIfrit" has given us our first hint of 2018.

Dafuq?

Very true...I wonder how that would work for somewhere like Universal..

I know HOS calls the first weekend "Freaky Preview" which buys them the "it's not ready yet card"
It's simple, really. Most tickets are purchased in advance. So, tier it so the first week is $30 less than full price. Second week is $20 less. Third is full-price through the event. Then, drop the price for any November dates by $20.

Does anyone know the capacity for HHN?

Neighborhood of 45 - 50k. From what I hear, haven't come close to that this year.
Can we not with this and just wait til the end of the week?

Sheesh.

This thread had 180+ pages prior to opening night. Maybe 30 pages in the 6 weeks since. The fanbase loves the idea of HHN and what it could potentially be far more than the event itself.