Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021) | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Question for the people who have been to the event. I am going down to universal today! Is the vinyl that bad? Is it noticeable to the point where you can see the scares coming? And are the scares at least different from one another or is it just scare actors just banging on the vinyl? Your input would be great as I am very nervous that the houses aren't good.

To me, it was a huge deal. It takes away from the visuals of the houses and it makes the houses much less scary. Everyone seems to have different opinion about the vinyl, but it’s a huge negative for me. The masks for scareactors isn’t great either, but at least masks make perfect sense and should be required for this year. The vinyl is mostly just pandemic theater.

I disagree. The rest of your point is valid, but it eliminates any chance of a scareactor getting close to you. There are some exceptions this year, however.
TBF, not all scares are designed to get SAs close to the guests. But I agree - that is the one downside to the vinyl.

Reactions: OIHO_YERAC
I almost went last night but decided against it without knowing schools were off. I took a look at waits last night around 10:30 and didn't see any house below 50 minutes, which shocked me! Hill House, Beetlejuice, Wicked Growth, TCM, and Icons were pushing 80 from what I saw.

Next Wednesday will probably be the best time to go until Hell Week(s) is over since it's sandwiched right between two break periods. I wouldn't be surprised if TMs got additional availability towards the end of the event if Sunday was any indication for dampened crowd levels, so that could also impact the last two weeks if it happens.

I disagree. The rest of your point is valid, but it eliminates any chance of a scareactor getting close to you. There are some exceptions this year, however.
To me, it was a huge deal. It takes away from the visuals of the houses and it makes the houses much less scary. Everyone seems to have different opinion about the vinyl, but it’s a huge negative for me. The masks for scareactors isn’t great either, but at least masks make perfect sense and should be required for this year. The vinyl is mostly just pandemic theater.

you know, i wonder if instead of vinyl, they had given all actors protective face shields on top of the masks? a vinyl head shield,
seems like such a simple solution no? easier too, i even saw a local FL haunt using mouth plastic shields in this vid,

2E84D69.png

What's funny is that the scares they do that break past the plane where vinyl would be feel more effective.

This year has been fun, and tonight's my last night, but I can't wait for a completely normal 31.

I think Dr fauci said normal won't return until 2024 or something lolol
if uni has to protect their actors by hhn 31, i hope uni figures out a better way, or find better material than vinyl. or using air fans or change the way the boo holes are placed or something

I think Dr fauci said normal won't return until 2024 or something lolol
if uni has to protect their actors by hhn 31, i hope uni figures out a better way, or find better material than vinyl. or using air fans or change the way the boo holes are placed or something
Nine of this year’s houses were designed before the pandemic closed the park. The final house was designed a year later when most of narrative around the pandemic was that it would be “over” by now.

Next year’s houses will have the benefit of being fully designed around the pandemic. Or they just ignore it in their design.

Nine of this year’s houses were designed before the pandemic closed the park. The final house was designed a year later when most of narrative around the pandemic was that it would be “over” by now.

Next year’s houses will have the benefit of being fully designed around the pandemic. Or they just ignore it in their design.

yeah you're right, it's just interesting .
technically by Oct 2022 everyone should be vaccinated. ori hope uni figures out a different way besides vvinyl.

Does anyone know what this is for? It was found in the deli case window display by Bourne. Clearly Jack's initials

Does anyone know what this is for? It was found in the deli case window display by Bourne. Clearly Jack's initials

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211010-172205_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211010-172205_Gallery.jpg
    872.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20211010-172211_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211010-172211_Gallery.jpg
    815.2 KB · Views: 30
Looking at the app, crowds seem manageable at 9:40. Hill House and the three tents are currently 65-75 mins, but everything else is 35-55 mins. Not bad for a holiday weekend/Hell Day.

legendary says 25 but it was like 15 min.
smooth night.
looks like the hellish days will be weekdays for some reason
That's good to hear regarding tonight. I don't expect weekdays to be problematic after Hell Week is done though; tonight is probably on the more extreme end of what a Sun/Wed/Thurs could look like in the second half of the month. Wed+Thurs have been slightly busier than Sun due to cheaper tickets the past couple years, but when Orlando tourism remains deflated, the difference will be minor in 2021. Last Wednesday was an outlier due to Hell Week and TM admission. Going forward, Saturday will be the worst day by far as it usually is during October.