Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021) | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Boy oh boy, that is one experience that I don’t think will translate well online
Ehhh, personally I’m glad I saw it once but if I had one night to visit the event and crowds meant I couldn’t do everything, I’d be perfectly fine with throwing it on a big screen with decent sound and checking the box that way.

I don't want to disappoint myself with all these expectations for Wicked Growth... as I've been underwhelmed by "house of the event" in the past ... Ie. Graveyard Games and Scarecrow. Which I thought were fine but in like the bottom 3rd of my house rankings. Probably because my expectations were so high ha ha.

wicked growth is a less intense but more beautiful scarecrow, same looking costumes but the sets are prettier.

watch the lagoon show on YouTube, you will see how disappointing and minimalistic it is. is nothing like the 2019 show
nightmare fuel is my favorite show of all time and the best show universal ever got.
but is just a cool sexy fire dance. like academy of villains kinda.
I personally love seeing nightmare fuel every day, it depends if you like shows in general.

my favorite house is the legendary truth.

WG is the house least impacted by vinyl and feels most like a regular HHN experience. Maybe this is why I loved it so much. I honestly wasn’t feeling any of the houses this year until I got to TCM and WG. Those were the only two that held up during repeats for me. Everything else got worse.

yeah, Texas chainsaw for me feels the most like old school hhn, not even before covid but feels like hhn from mid 2000s.
leatherface has the most reach and most movement. probably the best sets

the worst house vinyl wise is icons

Last edited:
So they obviously opened the last Wed to TMs because it had slower sales. Do we think it'll now end up as one of thebusier nights this last week?

I don’t think Wicked Growth is as good as Graveyard Games or Scarecrow, but it’s really hard for me to judge and compare houses this year because the vinyl and plexiglass bothers me a lot more than it seems to bother the majority of people here. It is a huge negative for me
I feel the same, Scarecrow, to me, had more of an identity that WG

Wicked Growth felt stuck in between The Hallow, Scarecrow, and Scary Tales in terms of locations and feeling

I felt it didn't know what it wanted to be in terms of tone

IDK, it just didn't click with me like it did everyone else

I felt that Hill House had more creative scares and it definitely delivered way more than I thought it was going too, it was my fave this year

I feel the same, Scarecrow, to me, had more of an identity that WG

Wicked Growth felt stuck in between The Hallow, Scarecrow, and Scary Tales in terms of locations and feeling

I felt it didn't know what it wanted to be in terms of tone

IDK, it just didn't click with me like it did everyone else

I felt that Hill House had more creative scares and it definitely delivered way more than I thought it was going too, it was my fave this year

the timing on hill house killed the house for a lot of people. yes I know all houses have timed scares, but even sometimes youtube bloggers were commenting on how they missed most of the scares or how even after multiple visits they never saw some scares.
even me personally I only noticed half the scares. there were actor holes that never had someone lol.
I don't know if it was missing actors or the fact that the scares took longer to set up,
I remember hearing some people being confused by the house. not understanding it.
wicked growth might be messy but it was definitely intense. constant scares

Reactions: SeventyOne
the timing on hill house killed the house for a lot of people. yes I know all houses have timed scares, but even sometimes youtube bloggers were commenting on how they missed most of the scares or how even after multiple visits they never saw some scares.
even me personally I only noticed half the scares. there were actor holes that never had someone lol.
I don't know if it was missing actors or the fact that the scares took longer to set up,
I remember hearing some people being confused by the house. not understanding it.
wicked growth might be messy but it was definitely intense. constant scares
Ironically Growth suffered from those issues. I guess I hit everything in Hill House just right (?)

I also don't go and vlog opening weekend so maybe it was working better when I went late Sept

As far as being confused...it's a haunted house, there's ghost stuff...that's really all you need to know

FYI, TM's had been added for October 21st, the Thursday. They were blocked out last Wednesday according to the schedule. They are also allowed in now tomorrow (10/24) and Wednesday (10/27).

Reactions: SeventyOne
Ironically Growth suffered from those issues. I guess I hit everything in Hill House just right (?)

I also don't go and vlog opening weekend so maybe it was working better when I went late Sept

As far as being confused...it's a haunted house, there's ghost stuff...that's really all you need to know

yes the only thing I can say is that you must have hit every single scare in hill house lol. I think u were lucky. :thumbsup:

In my single run of Hill House, I missed every scare in the first half but got hit by every one after the black hallway once I was able to get far away from the group in front of me. A lot of the house's scares have longer reset times, and plexi is a big detractor in the first half of the house imo. Timing needs to be perfect for the scares to work.

In my single run of Hill House, I missed every scare in the first half but got hit by every one after the black hallway once I was able to get far away from the group in front of me. A lot of the house's scares have longer reset times, and plexi is a big detractor in the first half of the house imo. Timing needs to be perfect for the scares to work.
It's so they can have a consistent show...or something

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I’m just trying to figure out what happened to the No Costume rule.

I have seen at least 2 Jack & Chance couples so far and maybe the TMs/ops are cool with it because there aren’t any Chances in the streets and the Jack fan costumes don’t feature any wigs?

I know my best homie and I did Jeffree Star and Shane Dawson in 2019 (terrifying costumes, I know…lol) and since it was just clothing and makeup, nobody gave us any hassle about it.

Also, so as not to double post, amazing energy from almost all scare actors tonight! Multiple characters gave special little gestures when I waved or cheered for them (the first Chop Top in TCM acknowledged me, it made my day!) and the LCH zone actors were working the crowd incredibly well once they finally got a chance after the rain ended. Endless props to everybody tonight.

I’m just trying to figure out what happened to the No Costume rule.
I know it was very lax Halloween night of 29 and they kinda got rid of it for HHN lite. Don't know any specifics about this year but I've definitely seen a few literal costumes, like Marvel/DC or people dressing as Beetlejuice characters, etc.

today I saw a full dressed harley quinn with inflatable bat in hand lol.
and last Sunday I saw a full group of Luigi and Mario. like 3 luigis and 3 Mario's.
yeah I don't know if they stay from the day time or if they are hotel guests or something
I dont know how they get past metal detectors