Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the years, I've gone (since 27) I actually have to say that 29 was the worst out of them all in my opinion.
However, MOM and the group that shall not be named, truly made the event shine for me. MOM was absolutely fantastic and AOV was a good use of the space in the Fear factor stage.

Does anyone think that Universal is waiting for Hollywood to reopen and figure what they are doing before announcing anything new for the Orlando event?
No I dont think so. Unless they are planing on announcing a house that both will have, but after seeing Hollywood's spec map, I dont think thats happening. It would be too early for Hollywood anyways. Its two different events anyways.

Does anyone think that Universal is waiting for Hollywood to reopen and figure what they are doing before announcing anything new for the Orlando event?

Doubtful. Orlando already announced Beetlejuice and if the v1.0 Spec Maps are accurate, the only house they share is TCM. However, sounds like Hollywood is back to constructing more houses so there could potentially be more that overlap. Worst case scenario, should another fall outbreak happen, Florida has already proven they don't care and will be open for business where California has proven they'll shut down the entire state indefinitely. Doubt there will be much synergy with announcements this year.

Reactions: PlatinumFate
Do you think, with the Tribute Store possibly being reorganized and all, that the facade for the store will be the same? I'm thinking that they'll keep the first room to the Frankenstein theme with maybe an updated facade that isn't too different but like, maybe has some upgrades.

• Sad
Reactions: Spooky Isle
If they keep the same store and layout, I'm sure it'll be alright but the keyword "Fresh" is definitely something they wanna be with the store and adding a lot of upgrades especially the merch, so what I could see is maybe them adding additional stuff to certain parts of the store, Hill House I could see get its room finally, Beetlejuice with same setup and new design merch, Monsters same setup with additional stuff, Jack's nightmare circus could be replaced with just an anniversary room and with props here and there. Hallway I could see still be the same with the pictures and posters lining up the walls again.

If they keep the same store and layout, I'm sure it'll be alright but the keyword "Fresh" is definitely something they wanna be with the store and adding a lot of upgrades especially the merch, so what I could see is maybe them adding additional stuff to certain parts of the store, Hill House I could see get its room finally, Beetlejuice with same setup and new design merch, Monsters same setup with additional stuff, Jack's nightmare circus could be replaced with just an anniversary room and with props here and there. Hallway I could see still be the same with the pictures and posters lining up the walls again.
Good points. One thing to notice about the Beetlejuice room is that they sold the parts that you see when exiting. This could mean many things but the two most likely are:
1.) they're redesigning that portion of the Tribute store while keeping the final room Beetlejuice
2.) They're moving Beetlejuice to a prior room so that they can have food in the final room instead along with retheming that room to either the anniversary (since they sold some of the props in the icons room, leading me to believe they're redesigning that too) or to Hill House since Hill House needs to be redone anyways

Last edited:
Do you think, with the Tribute Store possibly being reorganized and all, that the facade for the store will be the same? I'm thinking that they'll keep the first room to the Frankenstein theme with maybe an updated facade that isn't too different but like, maybe has some upgrades.

They staff a full "visual merchandising" team whos job is to make new Tribute Stores and create unique retail experiences (see: Potter). So yeah, I think they'll do something totally new.

They staff a full "visual merchandising" team whos job is to make new Tribute Stores and create unique retail experiences (see: Potter). So yeah, I think they'll do something totally new.
Oh wow! Didn't know that, that's super exciting! Can't wait to see what they're going to do this year!

Yeah which is why I can see everything back to the drawing board in some form of way to keep the IPs and originals fresh in everybody's mind especially since people have seen the 3 of the houses.

Last edited:
Goin back to Tribute Store speculation, they still have to use the IPs right? Like Beetlejuice and Hill House still have to appear because I'm assuming they signed some contract, right?

Do we think it is likely for both a creepshow zone and house? Because if the zone doesn't happen the Army of the Dead would make a cool zone with the smart zombies.
Who knows. Like HorrorUnearthed said previously, it's possible that they take it away and do another scarezone (I know a lot of us are hoping for an all original scarezone year!), but I honestly think they'll keep it and just maybe move the scarezones around so the Creepshow house dumps into the scarezone. This is probably the thing I'm most unsure of this year though lol, I really have no idea what's on the scarezone agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.