Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 246 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m kind of surprised that nobody has mentioned it, maybe because it’s extremely unlikely, but what if all of the rumors for Shrek end up being true and the house has Halloween 3 AND The Exorcist in it. All-Nite Die In 3 perhaps?
I would kill to have another all night die in house. I went through the one with ghost face, cough guy with white mask not associated with scream, haha, and I loved it!!

I’m kind of surprised that nobody has mentioned it, maybe because it’s extremely unlikely, but what if all of the rumors for Shrek end up being true and the house has Halloween 3 AND The Exorcist in it. All-Nite Die In 3 perhaps?

No matter what the Shrek house ends up being, I gotta' say I love that idea!

Of course there's a bit of a caveat when it comes to making a All-Nite Die-In nowadays, they have to make sure they have the rights to ALL the films they feature. Back in the day, they didn't! For the first Die-In they had "Hockey Mask Killer" and "Nightmare Man" etc, and they were pretty strict on folks not getting photos of them either due to it. I'm not entirely sure they had all the rights in the 2nd Die-In house either.

But when it comes to films they do have the rights for etc, they can totally make a 3rd one with no issue.

Oh MAN - I just assumed that another ANDI was impossible in this day-and-age.

Halloween 3 AND The Exorcist AND Creepshow AND ???

And it still could be impossible. It was just guessing
Slow your roll there Sparky. 2+2 doesn't equal 237.

I was just throwing it out there. I definitely don’t expect that’s what it will be. But it would explain all of the rumors. I’m not an insider by any stretch haha

I really dont think they would make another IP compilation house without it being Blumhouse of Horrors style. Die-In feels like a dead house concept from a time when HHN was small enough to get away with blatant copyright infringement. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most if not all of the movies used in the early ones were used without permission or authorization from the rights holders. And even if they've gotten big enough to afford the IPs, I don't see them purchasing the rights to 3 different IPs from different corporations only to use them for like, a room and a half of a single house. Save those movies for later years.

-Chaos (2005) is an unofficial remake of The Last House on the Left.

Oh man, I remember the back and forth Roger Ebert had with the directors of that.

But that's as good a guess as any. Boy, what a crazy journey that would be for Scream at HHN.

Last edited:
I really dont think they would make another IP compilation house without it being Blumhouse of Horrors style. Die-In feels like a dead house concept from a time when HHN was small enough to get away with blatant copyright infringement. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most if not all of the movies used in the early ones were used without permission or authorization from the rights holders. And even if they've gotten big enough to afford the IPs, I don't see them purchasing the rights to 3 different IPs from different corporations only to use them for like, a room and a half of a single house. Save those movies for later years.
This is correct, and thus cast roles such as Nightmare Man, Hockey-mask Killer, etc.

IIRC, in 16's ANDI:2, Universal got into some rights trouble with The Ring section of the house and actually changed the wigs that the scareactors wore so that they didn't too closely resemble Samara.

Status
Not open for further replies.