Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 335 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about Stay & Scream. In 2019 I bought scream early and stayed at Finnegans to get into the Stranger Things house which opened at 17:45 (that's the time I got in), but I don't know the Springfield area if they open all the houses at that time as well or later as I am thinking of doing Stay & Scream this year as well and don't know which is the best option.

Amazing merch so far and over the moon with Chance back on merch now just need Lady Luck on some merch hahaha

I have a question about Stay & Scream. In 2019 I bought scream early and stayed at Finnegans to get into the Stranger Things house which opened at 17:45 (that's the time I got in), but I don't know the Springfield area if they open all the houses at that time as well or later as I am thinking of doing Stay & Scream this year as well and don't know which is the best option.

They typically stagger opening over there. In 2019, they opened UCM and Depths at the same time, shortly followed by HOTC and then Nightingales and Graveyard Games.

AHS was very popular on its hey-day; The Shining is a recognizable IP and SAW is fricking SAW. Blumhouse and Ash with their cult following as well…
Definitely a strong IP led year but nothing family friendly.

Saw was surprisingly big among young Millennials/older Centennials. I guess the reboot really hit kids of a certain age, even more than the late Gen Xers who saw the first one in theaters.

On the flipside of this discussion, it didn't seem Ghostbusters was the juggernaut a lot of us expected. Decently received, sure, but not TWD/ST or even AHS year 1 lines. Given that Beetlejuice seems its closest analog--an adult 80s comedy turned cartoon/cultural touchstone--I don't know that BJ in Parade 1 alters crowd patterns as much as many seem to expect.

Based on HHN 25, I expect Icons to be the #1 house in terms of wait times this year.

Thank you! I think it's better to do stay & scream in the back to do several without much waiting since at Finnegans I could only do Stranger things

This has generally been the case. Finns just gets busier, and usually the popular houses are upfront. Also the past couple years have seen an outdoor queue for the top house form in the S&S zone, which defeats the whole purpose of S&S. If you're not doing opening weekend, I'd check in periodically after the event starts to see how the crowds are flowing this year.

Based on HHN 25, I expect Icons to be the #1 house in terms of wait times this year.
Let’s hope not. With the Legendary Truth house and Scarey I hope the fans will split up. With strong houses in the back like Beetlejuice and maybe even Haunting of Hill house and the originals in the tents it might be a good flow of guests. Obviously the houses in the front will be busy for the first couple of hours till 10pm but after that I could see Icons wait time dropping.

What was the wait time for M&M? And wasn’t the entrance next to minions?

My expectations for popularity from most to least:

Tier 1 (70-80 mins on slow nights, 150+ on peak nights):
Bride of Frankenstein
Icons
Hill House
Beetlejuice

Tier 2 (40-60 mins on slow nights, 120+ on peak nights):
TCM
Tooth Fairy
Puppet Theater
Wicked Growth

Tier 3 (20-30 mins on slow nights, 75+ on peak nights):
Legendary Truth
Carey

Beetlejuice will get a boost being right next to Hill House. Back in 2019, UCM and Graveyard Games often had equal waits, and IIRC, Trick r Treat and Seeds were often in the same boat the year prior.

Thank you! I think it's better to do stay & scream in the back to do several without much waiting since at Finnegans I could only do Stranger things

I typically go 3 nights and switch S&S up. While Springfield was the better way to go about hitting more houses, Finn’s was the only way to get ST and GB more than once in the night (with our express). You can run amok the last hour in the back of the park and hit those tent and parade houses with little or no wait towards closing.

I suspect this will hold true this year even with IPs back there. For example, in 2014 Halloween was in a sprung tent and we were able to repeat that house again the last 30 min with no wait. Same was true for UCM in 2019.

Reactions: Shucker71
It's going to be a very interesting HHN year operations wise. I'm sure there are plans in the work, but it'll be interesting to see what happens with security, food/bar lines, etc.
It's going to be really interesting to see crowd levels this year compared to previous, and I'm not even referring to COVID.

As of right now, I don't think anything announced has the massive casual appeal that Stranger Things and Ghostbusters had. I'd even throw Us in there as well.

Beetlejuice would be the closest thing I guess. Hill House is no Stranger Things when it comes to appeal and marketing. Maybe fewer kids this year as well.
You also have the relative lack of international travelers to add to the equation. Of course, on the other end, I know that I personally have several friends that are finally biting the bullet, and making this year their first HHN. They were motivated by the lack of event last year.

i literally cannot imagine or guess on how lines and crowds will work, or how the zones will be protected, or how they will make sure people have masks all the time... it will be very super extremely interesting to see how it goes.
if capacity really is at 100% to before 2020, it will be a big sweat soup lolol. will there be spacing in the queue? how do queues work right now during the day?

I know this question is done to death but I do wonder how this'll fair off for scareactors. I haven't been to Uni in a few months so idk if all the team members wear masks still.

It was noted in the audition application that you must be comfortable possibly wearing a face mask during performances. As of now, seems like it will be up to the scareactor if they want to.

If I bought an express pass and I want to now buy a FFP with express, can I upgrade my current express to the FFP w/ express?

You should be able to combine and upgrade multiple products and they seem to be easy to work with on this stuff, but you'll need to call and probably wait on hold for a while.

You should be able to combine and upgrade multiple products and they seem to be easy to work with on this stuff, but you'll need to call and probably wait on hold for a while.

And they'll probably have to refund you and then you'll pay full price while waiting for the refund. At least that's been my experience the two times I've done it in the past. But I was able to change regular park tickets recently and just had to pay the difference.

Thank you all very much. I will try to look at waiting for the houses and so I can see which stay & scream area is more interesting, although it is possible that in a week or two I will leave the forum to avoid the last possible "spoilers" as the entrance, I have seen too much and I want to have some surprise lol
Do you guys think there will be paper maps or will it be like during the day you will have to look at the map on your phone?
And why in the glass they have put the icons so old? God, the icon house banner is spectacular, I want them like that on the merch!

Reactions: HHNObsession
Status
Not open for further replies.