Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 348 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He means the chaos of having to implement this last minute change. Installing all the plexiglass, retraining the scareactors, and dealing with the fan backlash. Chaos galore.

I also wonder if the houses end up understaffed because of this. I’d quit if I found out in the middle of rehearsals that I’m now stuck behind plexiglass and can’t do my thing.

Well it doesn’t hurt to hope that they’ll change their minds before or at least during the event. I just can’t wrap my head around why they’d decide to put plexi. Especially after studies saying it’s pointless.

Last edited:
Seems pretty mind-boggling to me that they would go back to plexi before making guests wear a mask for literally 3-4 minutes while they walk through the house. Not only would that be a lot more effective in keeping the scare actors safe, but it would make the experience better. Seems like a total no-brainer
tbh I would rather just have to wear a mask inside the houses than to deal with plexiglass scares.

Imagine the wave of cancellations when they announce plexi...
This is just really sad.
Unless they don’t specifically announce plexiglass and instead announce vague “COVID-mitigation protocols.”

I also don’t think it’ll cause that big a loss.
Are you truly a scareactor until you’ve been punched in the face by a guest? I think not, sir.
I have been. I think it’s BS and don’t wish it on anyone else.

Kinda tired of doing everything I’m supposed to do and getting shafted by people who never gave a damn. We shouldn’t even be having this conversation if people had done what they were supposed to do. I’m over it. See ya in the fog and what not.

I lost whatever sympathy I have for anti vaxxers who end up, to quote that South Park episode, "having a bad toooooyyyyyyme" tonight.

Here's the thing: I would get it if it actually made any measurable difference... but it doesn't.

I was prepared for an event with face masks. It's not ideal, and it'll take you out of it occasionally, but it's the call that had to be made. It'll help keep performers safe.

This is the first thing that's made me wonder if I should follow through with my trip.

This is the issue. Yes plexiglass severely hinders the experience, but that’s not the biggest problem. Everyone in the house will be less safe because plexiglass makes things worse. Have we learned nothing?

Wowza. That caused a firestorm lol.

I definitely was expecting masks but not the plexi-glass. Honestly I really do understand the anger, especially considering this all came after the ticket sales went live. I'm not gonna dog on people for being upset about it because honestly I understand.

I'm slightly bummed, but I wouldn't doubt them taking them out later on at all. Here's to hoping I guess. It really is upsetting that they just outwardly ignore that plexiglass literally doesn't work.

Personally, I won't be cutting my tickets or anything because I have faith that the plexi will be implemented well this time around, and I don't think it'll be that damaging to the experience. But again it's a little irritating

Last edited:
I think a lot of the plexi-rage is pretty valid, because its symbolic of Uni (and Disney's) profoundly unserious approach to a deadly pandemic.

We have a solution, one that all but ends the crisis that has killed hundreds of thousands and cratered the economy. Vaccines. Mandate them for employees and guests. Use the massive power and staggering resources of two of the biggest entertainment corporations to lead. Dare the government to go to war with the theme park industry.

If this causes a shortage of talent, fine. Adapt. But the shortage likely won't be that bad - people scream and kick, but when employers require vaccination, they get vaccinated. HHN is a unique employment situation, but I still feel quite sure you won't lose that many scareactors.

But the fact is, Disney and Uni look at the current political situation and they're terrified. Layers of managers shudder to pick a fight. So we're stuck with theatre, plexiglass that lessens the event, doesn't help with the crisis, and may actually make things worse.

At least Disney is requiring guests use masks. Universal lacks even that courage.

Honestly, that plexiglass is a striking reminder of craven corporate cowardice.

Status
Not open for further replies.