Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like they may just make Billie an original. They have time to make it an IP house, but I believe they will have more originals or fan favorites than ips this year.

I feel like they may just make Billie an original. They have time to make it an IP house, but I believe they will have more originals or fan favorites than ips this year.
They already sold props from the house and I think some scenes are way to specific. The likelihood of them using Billie Eilish as an original house is small because I don’t think it would work that well

So happy to see this thread is open! Looking forward to this year & hoping they keep Tooth Fairy and Bride of Frankenstein since i didn't get to see them last year. An Icons show in FFL is definitely something that would make sense and be so fun to watch. Happy speculation season!

Reactions: HHNObsession
They already sold props from the house and I think some scenes are way to specific. The likelihood of them using Billie Eilish as an original house is small because I don’t think it would work that well
The house was basically “Nightmares” where you’re attacked by sleep demons. Conceptually, there’s a lot to use. If anything prevents them from reusing what they designed, it would be that (from my understanding) the scenes were really, really similar to the imagery used in her concerts and videos.

Regarding shows, I'd love to see something like Jack's Talent Show or whatever. Kind of America's Got Talent where Jack is the judge and the winners get to live while the losers are killed by Jack. Or, even better, he's the host and you have Story Teller, Eddie (die hards would lose their minds), and some other past icon as the panel of judges. Maybe Fear where he'd make really bad jokes and the rest of the Icons will roll their eyes at him.

You'd be able to have B&T-esque dance numbers, an AOV-esque contortionist (the crowds seemed to LOVE that element of the 2019 show), magicians, jugglers, a bunch of death drum-esque drummers, a comedian, etc. It would give you Jack plus elements of past shows that people liked and you wouldn't really need much of a cohesive story; just different groups competing for Jack's approval. Of course, nobody would win, so you'd have jokes/gags after each performance where the contestants will be told they did great, told to walk off the stage and go warm up by the fire (said with real snark since it will be hot as hell out) and then they exit stage right and a giant flame shoots up in the air or something. A fake trap door where the contestants "disappear/fall through" and then you hear a large burp from some kind of monster down there. Then Jack makes a joke about their demise and on to the next contestants.

Maybe have it by Mel's again. While that was a crazy bottleneck during the Jack/Chance show, social distancing in a wide open area like that with sections taped off on the ground might be easier/more efficient than having to deal with the Fear Factor cluster of the entrance and exit of the crowd.

Another thing I'd like to see would be that the event sells like 5 different face masks. MANDATORY masks at the event, but you can bring your own. However, if you are wearing one of these official masks you might be approached by someone and asked a simple trivia question or something, you get it right, you get a (very cheap) Challenge Coin or something. Maybe have an audio queue in an original house or two along the lines of "How original, you went with the Jack mask." or something where scaractors can trigger it based on the mask. Just something to incorporate masks in to the event and to drive some merch sales for them. Something to incentivize wearing masks for the idiots who refuse to wear them who are more impressed with a coin or an audio cue than staying healthy and keeping those around them safe as well. Start up some sill #HHNMask hashtag where if you post pictures of you and your friends at the event, wearing the masks, with the hashtag there's a chance something might happen. Like you might get some kind of exclusive Twitter icon from HHN or something.

Well, they do/did have a year to make changes and we know it only takes a few months to build a house. They could make drastic changes to the set to make it an original house.

Reactions: Kadath
The house was basically “Nightmares” where you’re attacked by sleep demons. Conceptually, there’s a lot to use. If anything prevents them from reusing what they designed, it would be that (from my understanding) the scenes were really, really similar to the imagery used in her concerts and videos.
I’m very curious what these scare actors would have looked like. If the sleep demons were not themed around her I could see a sleep demon original house just removing all billie aspects. It’s certainly a extremely interesting concept that has a lot of potential! Maybe make it like titans of terror and have it be the nightmares of a HHN super fan so they could throw in even more throwbacks that’s not the Icons or Carey OH. Although I do have to wonder how the GP would react to a year that’s basically mostly originals with not big IPs.

I’m very curious what these scare actors would have looked like. If the sleep demons were not themed around her I could see a sleep demon original house just removing all billie aspects. It’s certainly a extremely interesting concept that has a lot of potential! Maybe make it like titans of terror and have it be the nightmares of a HHN super fan so they could throw in even more throwbacks that’s not the Icons or Carey OH. Although I do have to wonder how the GP would react to a year that’s basically mostly originals with not big IPs.
Yeah there may be some creative licensing issues with using the iconography from Billie's videos

However, they could certainly re-imagine or tweak it to make it a HHN original addition

Yeah there may be some creative licensing issues with using the iconography from Billie's videos

However, they could certainly re-imagine or tweak it to make it a HHN original addition
Oh I agree with you completely I really don’t see much being reused from the Billie house I was just curious if the demons might have the gooey eyes like her videos or if they looked like demons from her diary. If they are just kinda generic gray face monsters that don’t really represent her they could reuse those

So in theory since the budget is set for this year, what would end up happening if they scrap Bride and Tooth Fairy? Would they even have anything replacing them?

I still believe they'll be back for more, provided that they give the appropriate fixes the houses need.

I’m just curious since it seems like all signs point to us having some form of a full event this year if we can expect a normal announcement season or if announcements will be delayed until summer just to be sure

Reactions: HHNObsession
Despite how hectic these threads get, they are a bright spot in dark times. Glad to see everyone back.

AoV replacement is something I anticipate will happen this year. Even in the event of a pandemic season HHN, FFL is open air and I could see them running it like Bourne, limited seating, maybe even running that on VQ. Jack and BJ fit spectacularly in that medium too. Lots of options for them this year.

I wonder how much money is going back into Tooth and Brides for repairs granted they do come back. I also wonder if they will add or change anything to the scenes. I'm not talking full rooms or scares or anything largescale like that, moreso lighting touchups, decor changes, curtains. Little problem spots from last year that didn't work quite how they wanted. Tooth was meant to have Puppets. I guess we'll see.

Wasn't last years' consensus that the Orlando team did NOT want to do Billie? I wonder if they had anything in mind for Shrek prior to that. It's just as possible we'll get something brand new though.

I’m just curious since it seems like all signs point to us having some form of a full event this year if we can expect a normal announcement season or if announcements will be delayed until summer just to be sure

I'm on the fence about this. I could see them announcing Beetlejuice while it's still in the public consciousness with people really upset they "missed" it this year. BUT I could also see IPs being wary about having their announcements in peak flu/covid season and there's really no point to announcing any originals.

I think maybe an official announcement with a generic sizzle reel that "HHN 30, the Anniversary year, is happening at Universal Studios Orlando this Fall...so long as you get vaccinated and wear a mask" just to put people at ease and to have an 'HHN cares about the safety of it's guests' type PSA vibe. Particularly people who might travel internationally, have timeshares they use annually for the event, etc who don't need to book anything yet, but to have some confidence that their annual tradition of a trip to HHN should be a go this year so long as the pandemic is relatively under control. If they did a video of Jack wearing a mask I think that could help. A 15 second viral video post of him saying, "I will not be denied my 30th anniversary" or something like that. That would make die hards happy and be picked up by media outlets and stuff.

I know we are to keep Covid out of the regular threads and stuff...but it's impossible to speculate on what might be this fall while ignoring the elephant in the room.

Yeah, I don't know how likely the standard "*Insert IP* is coming to HHN this October!" ads are gonna be, especially the usual early ones in March-May. I don't think we're gonna be there yet. I don't see ads coming in until post-June 1st but we were saying this last year so :shrug: Wait and see, I suppose.
I expect we might see something like puppet theater where it just says coming to Halloween horror nights without any dates just a broad sense of when there’s a event it will be there

If any of the houses do return how much would change from what they were? Was it a considerable amount? Just wondering.

Normally we'd start announcements in March/April but I think this year they'll wait till later in the summer, around July or August.

They're going to wait well after things die down politically; it's not a good idea to start a media campaign when you run the solid risk of any splash you might make getting drowned out by some sort of breaking news. Couple that with covid uncertainty and I think mid-Summer is a good bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.