Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I agree with you completely I really don’t see much being reused from the Billie house I was just curious if the demons might have the gooey eyes like her videos or if they looked like demons from her diary. If they are just kinda generic gray face monsters that don’t really represent her they could reuse those
They looked like the creatures from her diary.
So in theory since the budget is set for this year, what would end up happening if they scrap Bride and Tooth Fairy? Would they even have anything replacing them?
The budget would have been set based on the decision of whether to scrap or reuse houses and, to a degree, visa versa. If they were scrapping a house, they would have been given the money to replace it.

Normally we'd start announcements in March/April but I think this year they'll wait till later in the summer, around July or August.
Especially since you would think they'd want all of the Universal messaging in March/April to be focused on jump-starting summer vacation bookings for the "I'm waiting to get vaccinated crowd" and the churro stand Velocicoaster.

Have to say I'm already pumped for this year's HHN... sad it's only January and that the rumored dates around only mid-September instead of some of the earlier ones in past years.

Is Wicked Growth the pumpkin king one? And was that a proper name or just a title from a spec map last year?

Hi everybody!!! It's great to have this thread back!
Just wanted to give a big pat on the back to all of the mods of the forum for getting this all going really gracefully even with all of the uncertainty and everything. @Joe, @Allison, @Brian G. and everyone else, you guys are awesome! I'm hoping this thread is a lot less hectic than it usually is. I know things got crazy last year, naturally. Hahah.

Soooooooo for spec. I'm sorry that most of this is questions rather than spec, but I haven't really been in the loop on HHN stuff since the Big C happened lol

So, for one, how confident are we in the replacement of Bride and Tooth Fairy? I only got to go through Tooth and I'll be honest, I can't even begin to understand why'd they replace. I'm not a master at logistics but it genuinely just makes no sense in my head as to why they'd replace such a fantastically designed and clearly passionately made house that maybe only a sixteenth of the normal HHN audience actually got to see besides terrible shaky-cam footage on YouTube. Maybe it's just me wanting to show my friends who haven't seen it but that (and I'm sure Brides) were something else and it would really suck to see them wasted on HHN-Lite and nothing else. However, please feel free to explain why I'm an idiot for thinking that, I just don't understand the logistics behind canning those houses. (I'm just running by the logic that Beetlejuice is still confirmed. IDK if it actually is or not but that seems to be the Forum consensus)

Secondly, what are the stances on the other IPs? I know the main man @Legacy says he fully expects Hill House back (which shocks me, honestly), but I remember when the full debrief of the event after 30's cancellation happened that some people(?) were pretty confident that Chainsaw was getting cut. Don't know if that was baseless or not, but was just curious.

And finally, as for Billie. I'm sad that it was gone as I was one of like 3 people on this forum that was genuinely stoked for that house, but it's good to see people happy that it's gone hahah. As for it's replacement? I'm honestly going to go ahead and rule out them just making it a Sleep Paralysis original since Legacy said it used the demons from her sleep journal, and I was told by people that a lot of the visuals were HEAVILY based on the music videos/concerts. Still so damn sad I can't bop out to all the good girls go to hell while in that house.

Personally, I'm pretty certain we're gonna get a new IP for that spot, but I would be really excited for an original. As for speculating what that'll be??? Five Nights At Freddy's. Why? I dunno. I just baselessly called Billie Eilish in 2019 while in the Rob Zombie scarezone and then found out it was what was meant to happen, and I have a gut feeling about FNAF, so it's gonna be my baseless speculation that hopefully magically comes through (even though I always thought FNAF would work amazingly in the MiB tent as opposed to the Shrek theater. A Freddie Fazbear's Pizza facade akin to the Captain Spaulding's Fried Chicken one would be sick.)

Again, sorry that was mostly questions as opposed to spec! Hope it isn't annoying! Just trying to get caught up. This year has been miserable and I was literally sitting down watching old TimTracker videos of HHN while going through HHN withdrawal, hahahah. 2019 was my favorite year solely because of the times spent with new friends there and the memories there, so 2020 being cancelled because of the 'rona sucked major dongs. Seeing this back up with all my familiar forum faces put a huge smile on my face. Can't wait to see you all in the fog in September, fingers crossed!!!! Wear your damn masks and get shot up with the juice this summer so we can have a safe and fun event please!

Last edited:
I could have sworn it was steam and not fog as it doesn't linger in the air for very long like fog

What do I know tho
The ability of fog to linger is based on humidity, wind, and the amount initially pumped out. Hogwarts Express (and Botanicus, and all the other internal fog blasts) has exhaust and A/C outlets to pull the fog out. HHN pushes the fog out at a much higher volume in sweltering Florida nights, so it feels like it sits a lot longer. But they all use the same oil-based fog juice.

Steam is legitimately hot so they rarely use that unless it’s absolutely necessary.

Off topic but when do they even use real steam?
To my knowledge? Never in guests areas. I think they used it in Jaws and Earthquake, far enough away from guests to not be a factor.

Steam dissipates really quickly, can shoot out faster than fog, and requires far less upkeep than foggers. Fog juice, because it’s (typically) oil-based, clogs foggers up really quickly and coats EVERYTHING in the immediate vicinity of the machine. Cleaning foggers is a huge, time-consuming hassle. It’s not something you want to do with a ride.

They have time to make it an IP house, but I believe they will have more originals or fan favorites than ips this year.

With the original lineup, it was looking to be that way. Depending on if you view Brides of Frankenstein as a Original or not*, it was a 6-4 split with originals.

*Universal Monsters in 2019 danced a fine line, but I think it was generally regarded as a IP, that and the house generally kept things pretty close to the respective monsters. Though for BoF, that comes off more as an original due to it's direction.

Personally, I'm pretty certain we're gonna get a new IP for that spot, but I would be really excited for an original. As for speculating what that'll be??? Five Nights At Freddy's. Why? I dunno. I just baselessly called Billie Eilish in 2019 while in the Rob Zombie scarezone and then found out it was what was meant to happen, and I have a gut feeling about FNAF, so it's gonna be my baseless speculation that hopefully magically comes through (even though I always thought FNAF would work amazingly in the MiB tent as opposed to the Shrek theater. A Freddie Fazbear's Pizza facade akin to the Captain Spaulding's Fried Chicken one would be sick.)

To reiterate what I've said earlier, I wouldn't speculate FNaF until 2022. The film adaptation from Blumhouse is said to start production this spring, so I feel the release is more likely next year and making it plenty ripe for HHN then.

To reiterate what I've said earlier, I wouldn't speculate FNaF until 2022. The film adaptation from Blumhouse is said to start production this spring, so I feel the release is more likely next year and making it plenty ripe for HHN then.
Yeah, that totally makes sense. I wanted to make a more logical guess but I genuinely don't know what to say cuz of how confusing things are right now. Hahah.

Are we allowed to speculate what inside the houses could be like? Because I have been rewatching Haunting of Hill house and I just don’t see how the house will be. I think what makes the show great is how the horror relates to the family and not just everybody else. I don’t know it just seems like it will just feel like a basic ghost haunted house and that just doesn’t represent the series.

Reactions: Kadath
Are we allowed to speculate what inside the houses could be like? Because I have been rewatching Haunting of Hill house and I just don’t see how the house will be. I think what makes the show great is how the horror relates to the family and not just everybody else. I don’t know it just seems like it will just feel like a basic ghost haunted house and that just doesn’t represent the series.
I think the iconography of the series is what's important here. The Bent Neck Lady and stuff are instantly recognizable and genuinely terrifying, and the house itself is just gorgeous looking and really iconic now. And even if it does turn out feeling "basic" I'm a sucker for ghost stuff since it's one of the only things that actually gets under my skin, personally.
In terms of the Billie replacement topic, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Halloween (III?) be used again considering Hollywood was doing it and likely they already had promotional ish created.
Whoa what? Hollywood was doing Halloween III? Holy hell that would be fun to have here, hahah. I wonder how many people would go through and be genuinely upset there was no Michael.

I think the iconography of the series is what's important here. The Bent Neck Lady and stuff are instantly recognizable and genuinely terrifying, and the house itself is just gorgeous looking and really iconic now. And even if it does turn out feeling "basic" I'm a sucker for ghost stuff since it's one of the only things that actually gets under my skin, personally.
This is true but I’d argue the Bent Neck Lady is the only ghost that really stands out. I’m mostly curious as to if the house will appear alive and beautiful or dark and decayed. Also really curious if we will see the craine family at all or just ghosts

Reactions: Kadath and reeseyNG
Gosh wouldn’t it be great if they made candles that smell and sold it at the tribute store.

Search 'Halloween Horror Nights Fog Candle' and you'll get some results. I've used the Magic Candle Company's wax melts and enjoy 'em. I'm not a hardcore HHN vet so I can't vouch that it's 100% accurate but it's a damn nice fog smell for what it's worth. It's got that hint of Halloween hijinx in it.

Funeral home isn’t in it. Supposedly it never leaves the house. Just based on my memory of the show, expect the foyer, kitchen, cellar, statuary/day room, stormy hallway, children’s play room, the mother’s bedroom, twisted staircase, red room. That’s ten scenes.

Funeral home isn’t in it. Supposedly it never leaves the house. Just based on my memory of the show, expect the foyer, kitchen, cellar, statuary/day room, stormy hallway, children’s play room, the mother’s bedroom, twisted staircase, red room. That’s ten scenes.
Interesting. I’d assume it will probably take place when the children are still kids if they are in it with maybe the end revealing the house in ruin possibly?

Reactions: Darko and Kadath
Status
Not open for further replies.