Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to bet money Shrek will be an original. I know nothing, just a gut feeling considering they're probably trying to save money this year. The only reason I think they would go with an IP here is if they feel like the event needs another IP with the loss of Eillish. Although the thing about this year is I don't think anyone is going to care about IP's. The world has basically been closed as far as big events like HHN for over a year so just the fact that the event will be going on will be the attraction this year.

Based on Spring Break, if things continue to go well, HHN will actually come close to Chapek's dream: I think Universal could just tweet "it's open" and not even have to worry about marketing. If things go sideways again, I don't know that Universal wants a third party getting input into how they respond. Rumor is that's one of the factors that sank 2020.

I could see an "in-house" IP (how great could Creature from the Black Lagoon work in that space?!) to try to move a little more merch than a nondescript haunted house set in Ohio or whatever might not, but I see little benefit in the cost of using a third party.

Based on Spring Break, if things continue to go well, HHN will actually come close to Chapek's dream: I think Universal could just tweet "it's open" and not even have to worry about marketing. If things go sideways again, I don't know that Universal wants a third party getting input into how they respond. Rumor is that's one of the factors that sank 2020.

I could see an "in-house" IP (how great could Creature from the Black Lagoon work in that space?!) to try to move a little more merch than a nondescript haunted house set in Ohio or whatever might not, but I see little benefit in the cost of using a third party.
Ya know that’s really not a awful idea! I was thinking a possible universal film they have the rights too (not getting hopes up for the thing a third year in a row)

What about if they reverse course and actually go with Gremlins, like the first spec map had? It's not Eilish. But I could see them selling a ton of merch with gizmo, spike and other gremlins on it.

Would the creep show zone possibly be transformed into an original? A zone and house for a single property seems kind of odd but I’m down

Looks great! Would like to see (if all this pans out) creepshows house and zone next to each other. I guess it really depends on what SZ sets they have in mind and what would fit where. May not be able to avoid having their house/zone so far apart. Again, if this is accurate.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I just caught up on this thread and couldn't find it:

Do we know why Billie was scrapped? Especially after watching her new documentary, I was super fascinated to see how her album would translate to a house.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I just caught up on this thread and couldn't find it:

Do we know why Billie was scrapped? Especially after watching her new documentary, I was super fascinated to see how her album would translate to a house.

Basically she’s moving off of the kinda horror-y image she had so the house at this point would represent her inaccurately. I think that’s the gist of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.