Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 350 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know multiple people that have been cast for the event already wanting to quit and jump ship to their howl o scream offers because of plexi even being talked about at rehearsal and through rumor mill. Super sad to see HHN go this route and now have the community’s attention shift towards other local haunts. HUGE mistake here. If plexi is coming back.. then I expect to see it on attractions such as Kong and fast and everywhere else. If they aren’t going to care about day time operation… makes 0 sense to go this route for the event.
With what has been proposed, Daytime TMs aren’t happy with some of the rumors for HHN.

I know multiple people that have been cast for the event already wanting to quit and jump ship to their howl o scream offers because of plexi even being talked about at rehearsal and through rumor mill. Super sad to see HHN go this route and now have the community’s attention shift towards other local haunts. HUGE mistake here. If plexi is coming back.. then I expect to see it on attractions such as Kong and fast and everywhere else. If they aren’t going to care about day time operation… makes 0 sense to go this route for the event.
Personally I would never scare at HHN, HOS allows you to be more practical

But I'm not surprised the plexiglass is sending some away

When I upgraded to FFP yesterday (well refunded my tickets to buy FFP) the team member on the phone said he hasn’t heard of any plans about plexiglass and said he doesn’t think they will be back. Yet that was just a team member on guest services and he may have no idea. Super nice and helpful guy though

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Just coming in to chime in that I’ve heard the same thing from TMs I know in park.
Also.. apparently they are giving TMs less than 10 nights of access to the event this year. (Something I’ve heard from TMs in the park) with that and plexiglass coming.. I think universal could see a lot of TMs drop from the event and even day time operation which would be upsetting to see.

Also.. apparently they are giving TMs less than 10 nights of access to the event this year. (Something I’ve heard from TMs in the park) with that and plexiglass coming.. I think universal could see a lot of TMs drop from the event and even day time operation which would be upsetting to see.
That all aside, TMs haven’t been happy with UORs mask ‘encouragement’ for guests since they are mandated to on-stage but not backstage but that’s neither here nor there. Their issues mainly have been if it’s that bad why aren’t guests required as well.

I'm slightly bummed, but I wouldn't doubt them taking them out later on at all. Here's to hoping I guess. It really is upsetting that they just outwardly ignore that plexiglass literally doesn't work.

This is what I'm hoping for. I havent bought my FFP passes yet and my trip isnt til the last 2 weeks of OCT so I have plenty of time to cancel if I hear the experience is bad.

Personally, I think the plexiglass is counter-productive, more work on the operations side of things, and clearly Guests aren't going to be thrilled about it. However, last year I think we all were in agreeance that if plexiglass were to allow us some sort of HHN during the pandemic, then so be it. This year it is going to be so disappointing to a large chunk of the public that wore their masks, got vaccinated, and were looking forward to a more normal version of the event.

My personal disappointment lies in the house lineup succumbing to the aesthetic-destroyers that are those plexiglass panels. This year's line-up is looking to be super strong and I just know that A&D has gone all out on these houses and its a shame that the 30th anniversary of the event won't get a chance to shine in the way that A&D fully intended. Things change and I'm still holding out hope. I guess we'll all find out soon enough. :_:

That all aside, TMs haven’t been happy with UORs mask ‘encouragement’ for guests since they are mandated to on-stage but not backstage but that’s neither here nor there. Their issues mainly have been if it’s that bad why aren’t guests required as well.
They *should* be in the houses at least

It's clear that Universal (and I'm getting the feeling SWP as well) have this strange feeling that they can't go backwards on requirements.

While I think vaccine mandates would definitely take a hit on them financially, masking indoors is not as strong of an ask due to the nature of Horror Nights and queue lines

Personally, I think the plexiglass is counter-productive, more work on the operations side of things, and clearly Guests aren't going to be thrilled about it. However, last year I think we all were in agreeance that if plexiglass were to allow us some sort of HHN during the pandemic, then so be it. This year it is going to be so disappointing to a large chunk of the public that wore their masks, got vaccinated, and were looking forward to a more normal version of the event.

My personal disappointment lies in the house lineup succumbing to the aesthetic-destroyers that are those plexiglass panels. This year's line-up is looking to be super strong and I just know that A&D has gone all out on these houses and its a shame that the 30th anniversary of the event won't get a chance to shine in the way that A&D fully intended. Things change and I'm still holding out hope. I guess we'll all find out soon enough. :_:

While all of this is very true, I’d still be fine with adding the plexi if it actually helped this. Instead it makes everyone less safe. I just can’t get over it. Never thought this would have even been considered since our knowledge had changed since last year. At least, I thought it had.

They *should* be in the houses at least

It's clear that Universal (and I'm getting the feeling SWP as well) have this strange feeling that they can't go backwards on requirements.
Universal wants to also make every imaginable dollar as possible and have every reason to do what ever they want because they aren’t mandated to it. They had the option to follow Disney, but did it more on the name of guest satisfaction.

One has to ask why they aren’t socially distancing guests and haven’t again discontinued running pre-shows.

Reactions: jansenhammond
Universal wants to also make every imaginable dollar as possible
I KNEW it, all this time I thought they were a non-profit

Pass cancelled.

I'm so damn tired...
Releasing control of the things you cannot change is one of the major steps of the recovery process

It's in my self help book "How I Got a Boarding Pass For Rise of The Resistance and Stopped Sniffing Spray Paint"

Also gotta mention this.. if plexiglass comes in.. then I better be sitting wellllll away from people at the FF show. And don’t hit me with the indoor and outdoor differences either.

Also gotta mention this.. if plexiglass comes in.. then I better be sitting wellllll away from people at the FF show. And don’t hit me with the indoor and outdoor differences either.
Well, my arm is simply twisted

___

Look ya'll, I'll be real frank with everyone (fun fact name of my business tycoon personality). I am not sure it matters much to me what state the event is in this year. I am just happy to have the event taking place in some form. Granted I think the plexiglass is a bad idea, doesn't work, and kind of hinders the scares. At the same time though, not expecting some form of protocol leading up to the event was kind of wishful thinking. The signs were there.

I think we should wait till we have a little more info on the situation before we jump to conclusions.

Granted this could be one of the worst events in HHN history...sure...But it could also be exaggerated information we've received. We simply don't know the state of the situation.

I am glad we are having something resembling a Horror Nights...if you're concerned about HOS being scarier or something, don't worry, it has been since 2002

Also, consider voicing your concerns via email and customer service phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.