Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts:

Wolfman Vs. Mummy - HELL YEAH JACK! This sounds sick.

Seaside Village - Already #1 most anticipated. This could potentially beat out Ghost Town in terms of sets.

Fear Street - Guess it's finally time to watch these.

The Last of Us - ...Eh. There's already Evil Dead, I think this would work better for next year, since that's kiiiinda when the show releases. (And hey, now with Legacy's comment, I think this might be the first house knocked off the map.)

The Weeknd - This could be really cool, or really bad. I'm excited tho!

Curse of Pandora's Box - YES! The Hollywood house looks fantastic, can't wait to have it here!

El Chupacabra - Ah, Soundstage 44 is getting its revenge at long last. Very excited to finally see this house come to life (and just realized, on the 10th anniversary of its cancellation!).

Underground - As soon as this rumor started, I immediately knew ST1, glad to see I was hopefully right! Gonna need some more info tho.

Evil Dead - Groovy. Hope it's more scary than the 2017 house though.

Halloween - Eh, okay. I'm fine with more Michael Myers, but I'd prefer Scream.

I don’t think that’s it.
Speaking only for myself... I find Last of Us a deeply unappealing franchise on a lot of levels, utterly dour and not particularly original. The horror strikes me as viscerally unpleasant rather then enjoyably spine-tingling. It also doesn't seem to offer much in the way of intriguing settings. I can't, off the top of my head, think of a franchise I'd rather see less at the event. I'm very happy for the event to embrace more video game houses, but I'd much rather see things like Bioshock, Fallout, Dead Space, or even a repeat of Silent Hill. Heck, go full goofy and do Resident Evil: Village.

Like the last post I posted about the deal this opens up new possibilities to the merger.

- silence of the lambs
- poltergeist
- candyman
- Killer klowns from outer space
- Dark harvest( expecting to release later this year)
- child’s play
- Hansel and Gretal
-scarecrows
- Return of the living dead
- The fly
-Pumpkinhead
-Misery
-Motel Hell
- species
- Ghoulies
-The fog
- Amityvile horror
-Dolls
- Run Sweetheart Run( pushed back 3 years because of the pandemic Had a run at Sundance” Sold to Amazon studios by universal. the actress posted on her instagram that it is releasing this year on Amazon. Also my profile pic

-The neon Demon

- Suspiria remake

not counting Them or Jeepers creepers those are a big no.

Last edited:
Like the last post I posted about the deal this opens up new possibilities to the merger.

- silence of the lambs
- poltergeist
- candyman
- Killer klowns from outer space
- Dark harvest( expecting to release later this year)
- child’s play
- Hansel and Gretal
-scarecrows
- Return of the living dead
- The fly
-Pumpkinhead
-Misery
-Motel Hell
- species
- Ghoulies
-The fog
- Amityvile horror
-Dolls
- Run Sweetheart Run( pushed back 3 years because of the pandemic Had a run at Sundance” Sold to Amazon studios by universal. the actress posted on her instagram that it is releasing this year on Amazon. Also my profile pic

-The neon Demon

- Suspiria remake

not counting Them or Jeepers creepers those are a big no.
That's if Amazon is open to working with Universal, which they could be.

Anyone else wonder if a Seaside Village might be visited by a shark? If so, we are going to need a bigger house..........

Jaws franchise = Seaside Village was my first thought also ... multiple movies to choose from (even one where a shark attacks the island marina at night).

If 'Back to the Future' is getting a City Walk experience - 'Jaws' can be at HHN.

Headliner material, tons of merchandise, etc.

I gotta say I’m shocked at all the hate this map is getting, for one, it’s only March and usually ~80% of the map changes. Also, I think Last of Us is a great game and would translate incredibly well to HHN. I think the Weeknd would be a situation where he collaborates with universal to design a house, not a house based on him, which sounds fantastic, the man has an eye for horror. At the end of the day, I’m very excited to see a spec map, and I know I’m going to enjoy the event, whether I love the source material for some houses or not.

Just an early gut feeling from what we’ve been able to gather since yesterday but I have a feeling The Last of Us is gonna turn out to be Gremlins and Halloween turn out to be Scream or Chucky.
I definitely feel like The Last of Us was an addition that was kind of a “trigger pulled to early” situation. I DEFINITELY think there are serious talks about it coming to the event but I’m almost certain it’s for next year. This isn’t insider information just like what kind of makes sense in my head, I’m probably wrong. Unless TLOU show releases in like January of next year or something

Status
Not open for further replies.