Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@HHNNewbie
The numbers have a literal meaning.
It all has to do with angels fighting a supernatural force and using the gifts to better the community.

This sounds like the fight that went down in Stephen Kings "IT" to me.
The Goblin mask is tripping me up a little though.

Maybe the "goblin" isn't meant to be seen as a "goblin." Maybe it's supposed to be seen as a demon, instead?
The Goblin actually is supposed to depict something called a" tengu".
It is a trickster in Japanese Folklore.

I think the Goblin is just supposed to represent an evil entity and not to be looked into as much.
I think the real meat and potatoes are the numbers.

EDIT: Just thought I would say that it definitely is a IP since Legacy said on Twitter it was for both Orlando and Hollywood.

So regarding the clue, a couple of extra goodies the bozo dropped in his tweet thread is that:

- It’s for Orlando AND Hollywood
- “That said, the current plan is for all of this year’s clues to need the same “key” to decipher them.”

along with…

“If you can solve one, you can solve them all.”

Maybe I’m reading into it incorrectly, but I believe that some sort of cypher is necessary to decode the numbers. Which one? I have no clue.

Also since it’s a shared house, I’m gonna assume this is (obviously) an IP, or whatever the story is for the Monsters this go around. I’m gonna look into cyphers and see if anything matches up with the 43955.

If it's a numbers-to-letters cypher, we know that it's going to have a double letter because of the double 5's. But if it's not a numbers-to-letters cypher, then I'll have to tap out. I'm the math person when it comes to escape rooms and cyphers :shrug:

So regarding the clue, a couple of extra goodies the bozo dropped in his tweet thread is that:

- It’s for Orlando AND Hollywood
- “That said, the current plan is for all of this year’s clues to need the same “key” to decipher them.”

along with…

“If you can solve one, you can solve them all.”

Maybe I’m reading into it incorrectly, but I believe that some sort of cypher is necessary to decode the numbers. Which one? I have no clue.

Also since it’s a shared house, I’m gonna assume this is (obviously) an IP, or whatever the story is for the Monsters this go around. I’m gonna look into cyphers and see if anything matches up with the 43955.
Going off last year (if that's a good idea) the only two houses I can think of off the top of my head they shared would be Hill House and Bride. This clue is either our Netflix IP house or our Universal Monster house IF I'm on the right track

Going off last year (if that's a good idea) the only two houses I can think of off the top of my head they shared would be Hill House and Bride. This clue is either our Netflix IP house or our Universal Monster house IF I'm on the right track
The two events have shared plenty throughout the years. TCM was also shared last year. I wouldn't assume it's Netflix related or Monsters by default here.

Another example: 2019 shared Killer Klowns, Ghostbusters, Us, Stranger Things, and House of 1000 Corpses.

Reactions: HHNNewbie
The two events have shared plenty throughout the years. TCM was also shared last year. I wouldn't assume it's Netflix related or Monsters by default here.
I do think it being related to the Monsters is a pretty fair assumption, though. Still working on this clue but Monsters is definitely one of my possible answers

I do think it being related to the Monsters is a pretty fair assumption, though. Still working on this clue but Monsters is definitely one of my possible answers
Definitely possible. I just wouldn't make the assumption based on the shared aspect alone.

Reactions: reeseyNG
Legacy did say that the theme for these hints would be to have a “key” to decipher them, meaning that if we can figure out this key we can likely figure out the other clues he gives. Also mentioned that the clues are very specific. I’m wondering if this means we should look at the tweet from a more “we need to decipher this using a key” way than a “each emoji/number relates to a different character or aspect of the IP” way

I know I haven't posted a lot and I said that wouldn't be engaging in clues, but I don't think I've seen this bit on the thread:

Was browsing around and saw this guy teasing what "the Next Universal Monsters Maze" is. Any thoughts as to what he is hinting to? I'm aware that this is centered at Hollywood, but we did share Universal Monsters concepts last year so I think it's worth at least looking at.

Based on the clues about a “curse” and sharing the same opening song, I’d guess The Mummy (1932). Because Dracula (1931) shares the same theme song and one of their clues said “not Dracula”.

But I dunno. I’m just a lurker who watches the Classic Monsters movies fairly often.

Legacy did say that the theme for these hints would be to have a “key” to decipher them, meaning that if we can figure out this key we can likely figure out the other clues he gives. Also mentioned that the clues are very specific. I’m wondering if this means we should look at the tweet from a more “we need to decipher this using a key” way than a “each emoji/number relates to a different character or aspect of the IP” way
I keep coming back to the numbers and why some are white and some are black means more. Maybe our "key" is something based off that rather than the emojis

I keep coming back to the numbers and why some are white and some are black means more. Maybe our "key" is something based off that rather than the emojis
I thought the black and white meant binary. I’ll just sit this clue out I’m not smart enough for this stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.