Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I haven't posted a lot and I said that wouldn't be engaging in clues, but I don't think I've seen this bit on the thread:

Was browsing around and saw this guy teasing what "the Next Universal Monsters Maze" is. Any thoughts as to what he is hinting to? I'm aware that this is centered at Hollywood, but we did share Universal Monsters concepts last year so I think it's worth at least looking at.

I have no idea if this person is just blowing smoke, but re: their last "hint," there are two prominent sets of answers. "The Mummy" and "Dracula" both use a piece from Swan Lake. Seems like a pretty safe guess to make, as that covers quite a few Monsters bases.

The less obvious (and less likely) answer stems from Psycho and Re-Animator, which both use similar arrangements. While I'd love a Re-Animator maze, I don't think one is coming.

Since there are a lot of new people actively involved in the speculation (wondering when one of them will start saying there's an Eddie/Iron Maiden house coming) figured I'd throw out my uneducated summary of Legacy's clue guessing games...

His clues are VERY vague, intentionally so, so if you think you figured it out in 30sec you are definitely wrong.

Be prepared to have an idea, google it, read up on, google several things within that first guess, and get sent on a wild goose chase that eventually brings you to the answer if you do it correctly.

Him saying it's a cypher for additional clues to come doesn't mean you get a Captain Crunch Decoder Ring that lets you instantly understand what he's saying, it just means if you can figure out the mystery to his clue and understand his logic, you'll have an idea how to investigate future clues. He's not going to announce all 10 (?) houses if you/we figure out the cypher early on.

Want to understand how he thinks? Look at past event speculation threads (ignore last year as that was already all known) to see his images, Rick & Morty memes, etc to see how he operates.

He's talking about RUMORED houses. That means that sources in the know have told him they MIGHT be coming. Everything is subject to change and he isn't given an event Map 6 months in advance to make his clues, he's taken stuff he's heard and making a fun game out of it. Read up on his RUMOR vs SPECULATION definitions...that always trips people up.

He's been wrong about houses before, and will be again. He's not inside Universal with access to the info, just has access to sources that have different pieces of info available to them that he can piece together. When he feels confident enough that he has a good idea what they're talking about, he might start giving us clues.

If you just throw random guesses out like, "I think X, Y, and Z" and Y is actually correct, don't expect any credit or indication that you got it right. He wants to see how you investigated and deducted your guess. You have to deduce the answer/house, not throw crap at a wall and see if it sticks. (I'm guilty of throwing out those random guesses, just pointing out they won't get you any acknowledgement in terms of the clues game).

If you guess wrong, but were on the right track, Legacy might like your post.

If you guess correctly, and show your work like 5th grade math, you will almost definitely get a like.

This is meant to be fun and kill time until the event. Don't take anything personally.

I could be completely wrong about everything I said above, my interpretation of the "rules".

Since there are a lot of new people actively involved in the speculation (wondering when one of them will start saying there's an Eddie/Iron Maiden house coming) figured I'd throw out my uneducated summary of Legacy's clue guessing games...

His clues are VERY vague, intentionally so, so if you think you figured it out in 30sec you are definitely wrong.

Be prepared to have an idea, google it, read up on, google several things within that first guess, and get sent on a wild goose chase that eventually brings you to the answer if you do it correctly.

Him saying it's a cypher for additional clues to come doesn't mean you get a Captain Crunch Decoder Ring that lets you instantly understand what he's saying, it just means if you can figure out the mystery to his clue and understand his logic, you'll have an idea how to investigate future clues. He's not going to announce all 10 (?) houses if you/we figure out the cypher early on.

Want to understand how he thinks? Look at past event speculation threads (ignore last year as that was already all known) to see his images, Rick & Morty memes, etc to see how he operates.

He's talking about RUMORED houses. That means that sources in the know have told him they MIGHT be coming. Everything is subject to change and he isn't given an event Map 6 months in advance to make his clues, he's taken stuff he's heard and making a fun game out of it. Read up on his RUMOR vs SPECULATION definitions...that always trips people up.

He's been wrong about houses before, and will be again. He's not inside Universal with access to the info, just has access to sources that have different pieces of info available to them that he can piece together. When he feels confident enough that he has a good idea what they're talking about, he might start giving us clues.

If you just throw random guesses out like, "I think X, Y, and Z" and Y is actually correct, don't expect any credit or indication that you got it right. He wants to see how you investigated and deducted your guess. You have to deduce the answer/house, not throw crap at a wall and see if it sticks. (I'm guilty of throwing out those random guesses, just pointing out they won't get you any acknowledgement in terms of the clues game).

If you guess correctly, and show your work like 5th grade math, you will almost definitely get a like.

This is meant to be fun and kill time until the event. Don't take anything personally.

I could be completely wrong about everything I said above, my interpretation of the "rules".
Thanks for doing this for me :lol:

Oh boy this might be incredibly dumb but hear me out. The 9 is bigger and not bracketed. So went searching for September 1943 and September 1955. Brought me to WWII and Eisenhower having a heart attack in 55. Eisenhower believed he had contact with aliens. Yellow heart lead me to a song with Pluto on the track. The Pluto masks were what was used in US. Nope is highly suspected to be about aliens soooooooo.

As someone who's correctly deduced one of Legacy's clues in the past, your summary of Legacy's clues is pretty spot on!
If one is gonna' throw guesses out to the wall, you're not gonna' get very far. Explaining your method/reasoning for your guess is very much appreciated, and that also helps stir speculation in a good way.

Now from my experience, aspects of Legacy's clues can be fairly simple on the surface level, you don't have to overthink it to figure elements out. However, you'll have to put your thinking cap on for how that part of the clue is tied to the house it's for. That said, this may or may not apply for the current clue we're trying to figure out. After all, Legacy does love his chaos. That and he did state this clue is very specific to the house, so it has to be trickier on purpose.

Either way, there's always a solution and answer to Legacy's clues. He's not one to put out a long, drawn-out prose that's overtly vague or repeating what's been discussed before because he can't commit to having a firm answer to what he posts.

Savy Sleuthing, everyone!

*sigh
I'm throwing my hat in the ring this time around and I have decided to go and try to solve this sucker.
The bozo lives!

Legacy made it very clear that the emojis are not going to tell us anything by themselves, the answer is "very specific".
My first thought is that there needs to be a transfer to some sort of format that we can try to decipher their numbers and or emojis in. They are no use by themselves. What bothered me the most is the numbers, why are some shaded and some not? Why is the nine separating the sequence? Does it matter that the nine is different from the other numbers?

So off to the races, I went and I eventually found a method of breaking those numbers down into a code...
4 not filled = (U+2783)
3 filled = (U+2778)
5 filled = (U+277A)
5 not filled = (U+2784)
This jumbled mess is Unicode (u codes for short) they are the specific names for the numbers in the circles, and now that I had it I knew that I had to use up that nine. What is this nine doing in the picture? It's separating the numbers, or you could say dividing them.

I took 2783, 2778, 277, and 2784 added them, and then divided them by 9 (since that is what it is technically telling us to do in the sequence.) and got 958.

This is where I have gotten stuck, if I am headed in the right direction then 958 is relevant somewhere, we condensed half the code into one number and that could be progress.
The emojis also themselves share u codes format, but I am unsure if that is something...

958 when transferred to a zip code (Legacy said he liked the thinking of using zips on Twitter so I said what the heck and tried) and it landed me in Puerto Rico.

I feel like I am on the right track put until 958 but who knows.
@Legacy thanks for keeping me busy, riddles and ciphers sharpen your brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.