Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh
I'm throwing my hat in the ring this time around and I have decided to go and try to solve this sucker.

Legacy made it very clear that the emojis are not going to tell us anything by themselves, the answer is "very specific".
My first thought is that there needs to be a transfer to some sort of format that we can try to decipher their numbers and or emojis in. They are no use by themselves. What bothered me the most is the numbers, why are some shaded and some not? Why is the nine separating the sequence? Does it matter that the nine is different from the other numbers?

So off to the races, I went and I eventually found a method of breaking those numbers down into a code...
4 not filled = (U+2783)
3 filled = (U+2778)
5 filled = (U+277A)
5 not filled = (U+2784)
This jumbled mess is Unicode (u codes for short) they are the specific names for the numbers in the circles, and now that I had it I knew that I had to use up that nine. What is this nine doing in the picture? It's separating the numbers, or you could say dividing them.

I took 2783, 2778, 277, and 2784 added them, and then divided them by 9 (since that is what it is technically telling us to do in the sequence.) and got 958.

This is where I have gotten stuck, if I am headed in the right direction then 958 is relevant somewhere, we condensed half the code into one number and that could be progress.
The emojis also themselves share u codes format, but I am unsure if that is something...

958 when transferred to a zip code (Legacy said he liked the thinking of using zips on Twitter so I said what the heck and tried) and it landed me in Puerto Rico.

I feel like I am on the right track put until 958 but who knows.
@Legacy thanks for keeping me busy, riddles and ciphers sharpen your brain.
El Chupacabra
Even as we start to grow up, these legends still haunt our surroundings. El Chupacabra is arguably one of the most well-known Puerto Rican legends, having even earned time in the news in the past from scared residents who woke to find their livestock dead with no discernable explanation. Described as a reptilian-like creature with fanged teeth and red eyes, this creature was initially sighted in 1995, when more than 150 farm animals were found either injured or dead, with two punctures on their necks. Roaming the more rural areas of the island, El Chupacabra’s reign of terror was enough for the former mayor of Canovana, a municipality in Puerto Rico, to warrant a search for the alleged beast. It was never found, and unusual incidents of dead farm animals continue to haunt the island (though La Gargola has mostly stolen its spotlight). Some people say they hear its eerie screeches during the night, alarming those nearby of its presence.

El Chupacabra
Even as we start to grow up, these legends still haunt our surroundings. El Chupacabra is arguably one of the most well-known Puerto Rican legends, having even earned time in the news in the past from scared residents who woke to find their livestock dead with no discernable explanation. Described as a reptilian-like creature with fanged teeth and red eyes, this creature was initially sighted in 1995, when more than 150 farm animals were found either injured or dead, with two punctures on their necks. Roaming the more rural areas of the island, El Chupacabra’s reign of terror was enough for the former mayor of Canovana, a municipality in Puerto Rico, to warrant a search for the alleged beast. It was never found, and unusual incidents of dead farm animals continue to haunt the island (though La Gargola has mostly stolen its spotlight). Some people say they hear its eerie screeches during the night, alarming those nearby of its presence.
Not sure if that's it.

But the boiling point of Selenium is 958k, Selenium was named after the Greek term for the moon....
Is this our night clue reborn into something more complicated...?

So. I have spent the better half of this morning (Yay being productive at work!) reading 29's speculation page to kind of get a feel for Legacy's clues. The memes are a true work of art as well. I also noticed that the early clues were of original houses for two out of the three. With that said I and most of us have been trying to guess the IP but not the theme which could lead us to monsters the houses would be about such as the first clue on 29 being frozen in time and some jumped to The Thing when frozen actually meant in my mind what creature lives in the frozen land which are yetis. I am still working out my thoughts on our first clue for this year but I am leaning to an original house for it and possibly a sequel to something as well.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Alright, so I have gotten a logical answer...
I present to you all "Chicago theory"

If you take the numbers of the unicode from the characters in Legacy's clue and divide them you get two numbers...

-You get 958 when you add up the middle numbers unicode numbers and then divide by 9 (the only number with no unicode value) you get 958.

-Now let's take a look at the emojis, if you do the same thing then divide by 4 (the number of emojis) you get 814.

-So we now have two numbers 958 and 814.

-If we go looking for an association between these numbers we go and get lead to citations of a court case called Gibb v. Scott.

-Gibb worked for a company called World Book INC

-World book is headquartered in Chicago

-Our culprit is set in Chicago

-So the answer could be Child's play/ Candyman.

If it's wrong then it's wrong, I am having too much right now xD.

I would like to solve the puzzle Pat.
I think we are getting both coasts to do a sequel to The Fallen house. I came up with this based on the fact it has already been said there is going to be a "fight" in B79, the golden heart with the skull could represent the angels and the devil mask with skull could be the demons. The numbers are in black and white for light and darkness and though they come close when you add the colors together you get 998 or flipped 668 which is close to 666. Am I right? Probably not. Am I on the right track? to be determined. All I know is I gots to know what is coming this year!

Alright, so I have gotten a logical answer...
I present to you all "Chicago theory"

If you take the numbers of the unicode from the characters in Legacy's clue and divide them you get two numbers...

-You get 958 when you add up the middle numbers unicode numbers and then divide by 9 (the only number with no unicode value) you get 958.

-Now let's take a look at the emojis, if you do the same thing then divide by 4 (the number of emojis) you get 814.

-So we now have two numbers 958 and 814.

-If we go looking for an association between these numbers we go and get lead to citations of a court case called Gibb v. Scott.

-Gibb worked for a company called World Book INC

-World book is headquartered in Chicago

-Our culprit is set in Chicago

-So the answer could be Child's play/ Candyman.

If it's wrong then it's wrong, I am having too much right now xD.

I came to Candyman in a different manner. I noticed the mirrored nature of the emojis and the numbers' colors, which led me to think of movies with mirrors. Candyman involves a blonde love interest, whose romance with the candyman leads to his death hence the heart skull. The two 5s have to do with the whole say his name 5 timed thing, and the real stretch Peele is 43 years old as of 9 days before the post . The last two emojis show the evil on the other side of the mirror, which causes death instead of dying (hence the skull first). The emojis also show innocense through death becoming evil fitting with the vengeful spirit thing.

Edit: looks like I was wrong about the Candyman mirror association

Last edited:
This is likely wrong but is the clue Wordle based? The 9 and 0 are in the 5 digit number in the right spot where as the black and white circles are either not in it or in it but in the wrong spot.

This is likely wrong but is the clue Wordle based? The 9 and 0 are in the 5 digit number in the right spot where as the black and white circles are either not in it or in it but in the wrong spot.
If it is they’d have to be different ‘words’ since one says there’s a four in the wrong spot and the other says there’s no four at all.

I think the emojis are the "keys" Legacy was referencing. Somehow they might solve the numbers in the middle.
I think you’re right. They definitely have to be involved for two different houses to have them in the clue. The shading of numbers means something else but it seems it may not be music notes from other tweets from Legacy. I hate to say it but it might take the first house to be announced for us to see the pattern

Maybe the lone number (9 in the middle of the first clue and 0 second in the second) is the beginning of a year, '95 and '04. Maybe the other black one is the month it was announced, or the number in the order it was announced, or if there is an official listing of the mazes, it could be in that order (maybe alphabetically). Maybe the two white numbers is the year the IP came out? Just musing.

Maybe Edgar Allen Poe for Masque of the Red Death

Alright. I think I got an actual shot at it this time ya'll. SO I took the emojis out of the equation this time since both clues use the same ones but are two different houses so I think those are a red herring. Going off what we know it is a house for both coasts and going off that I took the white numbers and used them to make 98 and the black numbers to make 99. I then checked the houses for those years at both coasts and found that both years at both coasts was the Universal Monsters house. I think our first clue is for our Monsters house. As for which ones we would get I am still working that theory out as I read other's thoughts and trying them out for myself. 1999 was the year the Mummy came out so possibly we could see that since if we look at some of the clues for Hollywood one of the tents is "cursed" by their Mummy ride.

Going to try my dates idea for that second house and see what could be in common at 08 and 2017s HHN event in Orlando
EDIT: It seems those two have in common are The Hallow and Scarecrow houses. I think we are looking at a house that could be tied back to Halloween since it is the 31st year and it would be meta to make a house about that. Now if it's original or an IP that is to be determined but I'm not even sure I am going down the right path with my dates theory there

Last edited:
Reactions: londonwerecat
With all the Space Hotel reviews and videos now out ... I speculate that HHN initial event announcements will start to roll out within 2 weeks?

I think you could live at Surf Side for a year at the same cost as two nights at DHS.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Status
Not open for further replies.