Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ll be going for my 2nd year this year but this time for 3 nights( last year I only had one night so I did a RIP tour) Since I will be going to the event alone and going multiple nights I decided to buy express for 2 of the nights (thanks to ST and LTOU) I know express can still have some decent wait times at certain times, is there a strategy for how to use express most efficiently? I would just like to avoid waiting more than 30-45 minutes since those cattle pins back stage do not look fun for an introverted solo traveler like myself.
I get chatty. Like scary chatty when trapped in lines. Like the kind of chatty where people start giving me extra space cause Im freakin' them out a bit.
I found that sliding in at opening thru the hotel entrance kept our line waits pretty short.

Does anyone have any idea how much it would approximately cost to upgrade regular express to unlimited express?

Does anyone have any idea how much it would approximately cost to upgrade regular express to unlimited express?
There is not currently any unlimited express offered, I don’t think it was ever offered last year either. I think the only way to get “unlimited” express is to do a private RIP tour, but even then there might be a 1 per house limit.

Is the transportation from Surfside pretty reliable getting to and from HHN? Do they run a lot of busses at the end of the night? Thanks!

I will be attending the last week for the first time this year. 10/25 - 11/4. I'm concerned that since it's the end of the event that actors are not as enthusiastic, props are broken, etc....

Is this usually the case or it's still as instense, and everything is usually still working as usual? Basically is it still a good time to go during the last week?

There is not currently any unlimited express offered, I don’t think it was ever offered last year either. I think the only way to get “unlimited” express is to do a private RIP tour, but even then there might be a 1 per house limit.
Unlimited was definitely offered last year. It's just random which days it's offered. I think it's $50-$100 more. The one year I got unlimited, I knocked out 31 runs in one night.

It does exist and it did exist last year, the caveat is it's only sold during the event at the little kiosks in the park.
Unlimited was definitely offered last year. It's just random which days it's offered. I think it's $50-$100 more. The one year I got unlimited, I knocked out 31 runs in one night.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I am hoping the unlimited is offered again, kind of want to try it. Also hoping the after 11pm 50% off fastpass is offered as that's what I'll probably actually go with. Was checking here to see if there is any information on those for this year, but I guess I'll have to wait until the event opens.

Just got my email for Unmasking The Horror tours for opening weekend-

3-Haunt Tour
-The Last of Us
-The Darkest Deal
-Dr. Oddfellow's Twisted Origins

6-Haunt Tour
-Universal Monsters
-Chucky
-Stranger Things
-Yeti
-Dueling Dragons
-BloodMoon

So it looks like The Exorcist- unsurprisingly- isn't on the tours this year. Don't think I'll be too disappointed.

EDIT- Man my internet is still slow so I the pics from the other threads hadn't loaded yet.

I will be attending the last week for the first time this year. 10/25 - 11/4. I'm concerned that since it's the end of the event that actors are not as enthusiastic, props are broken, etc....

Is this usually the case or it's still as instense, and everything is usually still working as usual? Basically is it still a good time to go during the last week?
I go this time every year (and again this year), and from my POV it's just as awesome. It's closer to actual Halloween-time, any kinks have been worked out, and folks are giving it their all. Of course, there may be some adjustments - TMs have pointed out props that were changed or removed during my Unmasking tours - but it doesn't have any impact on my enjoyment of the event. Hope you have a great time!

Reactions: JunoSynth
Just got my email for Unmasking The Horror tours for opening weekend-

3-Haunt Tour
-The Last of Us
-The Darkest Deal
-Dr. Oddfellow's Twisted Origins

6-Haunt Tour
-Universal Monsters
-Chucky
-Stranger Things
-Yeti
-Dueling Dragons
-BloodMoon

So it looks like The Exorcist- unsurprisingly- isn't on the tours this year. Don't think I'll be too disappointed.

EDIT- Man my internet is still slow so I the pics from the other threads hadn't loaded yet.
Got the same email for ours too, pretty happy with the selection. Definitely not missing Exorcist on here lol

Doing the 6 house tour for the first time, does anyone know if there is a lunch break included?
Time is, cost of food is not from what I remember. Bring a card or cash.

Props and effects will be broken, that's just a fact. Some obvious to first-timers (chunk of wall ripped off), others not. But actors usually at the top of their game, have figured out all the tricks to scare. Crowd has a lot more "normals" as well, which actually helps the atmosphere for me, see people get scared left and right.

Doing the 6 house tour for the first time, does anyone know if there is a lunch break included?
Just to add on, what they do for lunch changes by the year. IIRC in 2019, we ordered food that was given to us in the blue man theater. In 2021, we ate in monsters cafe which we open only to us if I remember right. And then last year, they basically just turned us loose and said be back in an hour. It gave me just enough time to run out to Hard Rock and get lunch.

Just to add on, what they do for lunch changes by the year. IIRC in 2019, we ordered food that was given to us in the blue man theater. In 2021, we ate in monsters cafe which we open only to us if I remember right. And then last year, they basically just turned us loose and said be back in an hour. It gave me just enough time to run out to Hard Rock and get lunch.
Man I hope it’s like last year then. I was at 2019 for the BMG food and while I enjoy movie theater food as much as the next guy I’d much rather run over to Bread Box

I was ambitious and thought I'd have time to wait for Leaky Cauldron. Ended up running into Louie's and scarfing down breadsticks last minute.

I did love having Monsters Cafe before it opened to guests. Wish we did something like that again!

Props and effects will be broken, that's just a fact. Some obvious to first-timers (chunk of wall ripped off), others not. But actors usually at the top of their game, have figured out all the tricks to scare. Crowd has a lot more "normals" as well, which actually helps the atmosphere for me, see people get scared left and right.
I'd agree with this with the exception of houses with face actors like American Horror Story, Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, etc. will leave gaps in the house.

Reactions: SeventyOne