Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - News & Information | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - News & Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No rain that I saw but last night was plenty dead. A non-annoying local YouTuber (PCDev) did a video from the parks yesterday afternoon -- which were 2002 level empty -- and said friends in ticketing were urging him to go to HHN because they knew it was going to be slow. Just a trend to keep watching.
Was at Epcot last night, food booths were quite empty. Headed out at around 8PM and there were guest service CMs out by SSE asking if guests wanted to ride GOTG again. Virtual Queue was "at capacity".

I think you and I agree that Orlando has been flirting with a price ceiling for a while now. The parks are only busy because they've been shoving great FL-resident & multi-day discounts. That's why, not to derail this thread, we're surprised to see continued price increases and the rumored ticket restrictions for Epic Universe.

No rain that I saw but last night was plenty dead. A non-annoying local YouTuber (PCDev) did a video from the parks yesterday afternoon -- which were 2002 level empty -- and said friends in ticketing were urging him to go to HHN because they knew it was going to be slow. Just a trend to keep watching.

It's funny you say this, because I saw tweets decrying how crowded it was. Bad luck on their part in terms of crowd patterns, I'm guessing.

Crowd patterns resort wide were weird 9/4-9/9. 9/5 and 9/6 were very dead during the day and very manageable during the event, with 9/6 of course being more crowded. The daytime parks were busier over the weekend, naturally, and the event was packed on 9/7. (9/8 was a fluke, I think, thanks to the monsoon.)

9/9, though, a Monday, was shockingly busy. Even ET had a 40 minute queue (actual ~20) with all three preshow lanes open and both loading stations.

Looking at Touring Plans crowd levels the past three to five weeks, it looks like both WDW & Universal daily crowds have returned to the lower crowd levels that were normal in September prior to 2017-23 when the Sept. attendance jumped up a lot. Looks like a return to the old normal. October will be interesting to watch. That month became one of WDW's busier months the past 6-7 years, a time when HHN attendance seemed to jump also. Even since the rain slowed down, the crowds levels have remained old September low.....and all this with very generous multi day ticket discounts at both Universal & Disney for a good while. For some reason, Mondays have steadily been a busy day at WDW and Universal for the past 4 or 5 months. Even the almost two weeks that we spent at WDW in June that were very slow, Mondays were by far the busiest day of the week.

Last edited:
For some reason, Mondays have steadily been a busy day at WDW and Universal for the past 4 or 5 months. Even the almost two weeks that we spent at WDW in June that were very slow, Mondays were by far the busiest day of the week.
Is it possible there's some correlation between cheaper tickets and higher crowds? I could see people making a three-day weekend of it and staying through Monday rather than arriving on Friday.