Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Case Files 2021 was an anthological house. The Tribute Store room leaves off on a cliffhanger for that one story that can easily be expanded into a full house with a singular narrative.

More fish people, more Lovecraft references, more octopus deity abominations with red eyes. Nothing like 2021

I'd be happy with an Oddfellow return (I loved the aesthetic of the event and merch), but The Curator would be a welcomed new icon.

As far as Ghostbusters, like has been mentioned, Afterlife came out after the house happened and was mostly well-received. May have given a rejuvenation to the property and could lead to a return to the event.

Now where they'd do the house based on Afterlife, Frozen Empire, or the OG again would be a big question. (But I imagine it would be Frozen Empire if that is successful)

Case Files 2021 was an anthological house. The Tribute Store room leaves off on a cliffhanger for that one story that can easily be expanded into a full house with a singular narrative.

More fish people, more Lovecraft references, more octopus deity abominations with red eyes. Nothing like 2021
Yeah do the sin city thing where everything in the house is black and white except for the color red in specific scenes.

They don’t even need to do that. With how many guest complained how over crowded it was almost every night and they won’t be returning,I had would say the opposite. Even heard some say they been going to HHN for years now and this will be their last bc of the crowds.
Right, but Comcast is a public company that doesn't want to tell investors a year out from now that their parks division is slumping in revenue after spending god knows how much on another theme park lol

I'm sure we will be seeing changes to the event next year, but that doesn't really impact what IPs are selected. You still want enough people at the event to generate a #$&! ton of merch and F&B sales.

I doubt any such info is actively out there, but I'd be interested in seeing which specific IPs have netted them the most $ at the event. WD and ST are likely at the top, of course. But I too was under the impression that GB didn't draw them the $ they hoped.
I'd have to assume it's Stranger Things with Beetlejuice or Chucky right behind it (maybe Halloween since we've had 4 years of it).

*pleasantly recalls my werewolf noir treatment from 2012*
Would you like to share it with the class?

Also... can someone explain why Fear Street keeps coming up? I know it has a new movie on the way, but I really thought it fizzled out shortly after release. They're good movies but I though the GP totally forgot about them

Reactions: GA-MBIT

Also... can someone explain why Fear Street keeps coming up? I know it has a new movie on the way, but I really thought it fizzled out shortly after release. They're good movies but I though the GP totally forgot about them
To keep the Netflix partnership alive in-between "slow years" where Stranger Things isn't available lol

Fear Street could make a great house, but it won't draw anyone to the event.

As much as I liked the Fear Street Trilogy, it never really felt like there was enough staying power for it to come to the event (except maybe as a zone?)

I'd love to see it come, but I don't see it unless the new ones really take off.

Reactions: EnigmaticGear

Yeah I liked the movies and think they'd make a fun house but they didn't really get the kind of viewership you'd need for that imo.

Its not likely to happen but I would love a multi-years long story of Boris in the park. Have him be a walking character like David S. Pumpkins and little clues in his window till a full house finale.
Boris as the next icon please