Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This isn’t exactly HHN 33 related, but on the UOAP benefits page they updated the fine print of the Premier pass benefit - starting in 2025 it will require an advance online reservation. I wonder if this our first sign of an HHN ticketing overhaul.

One (1) free night admission to Halloween Horror Nights (on select nights only)^. Advance online reservations are required starting with the 2025 event. Reservation is subject to event capacity. One (1) reservation per valid Premier Annual Pass.
I wonder if it could just be to keep from all the passholders crowding in on specific nights.

I don't hate the idea of date-specific tickets or reservations, but I'm also not a local.

I'm finally caught up, phew. This is shaping up to be an interesting year, and I really hope they focus on scare zones this year. I think a monster zone is long overdue, and I could definitely see Creature being the monster house this year. Blumhouse's partnership with Universal, in tandem with the Hollywood FNAF exhibit, makes FNAF seem extremely possible. I feel like we will get another 4 IP/6 Original split though.
Murdy basically confirmed that Hollywood isn't getting Creature this year. That doesn't mean Orlando won't get Creature, but Universal has pushed for shared Monsters since 2020.

As has been discussed, I think a great way to handle ticketing for HHN would be single-night up to say, 5-night standard tickets, and Frequent Fear.

Translation: "We'll do Creature next year when Orlando pays for all the props/costumes this year and we just reuse all of their stuff."

Assuming Orlando does it right, if it ever gets done. The scene in 2019's Monsters was pretty underwhelming to me IMO, just putting some overhead props to sell the underwater concept doesn't give me too much hope that a Creature haunt wouldn't just be a bunch of boo boxes with blue lighting (and maybe a bungee scene like the end of Dead Man's Pier if we're lucky.)

I agree with Murdy that it's probably gotta be expensive to *not* just feel like a reskin of other monsters haunts and concepts- which is kinda what Unmasked felt like in Orlando to me this past year. I'd rather see a good concept never come to light than be executed with tons of budget cuts- so seeing Creature in the streets I think would work much better TBH.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I had heard from performers and stage managers last year that M3gan's couldn't be referred to as M3gan from employees and so there were a lot of other codenames for them instead. Seemed like a legal thing more than anything else. Might've also been a reason why their inclusion seemed so haphazard and marketing non-existent. Maybe with the merger some of that potential licensing mess could be avoided in the future?

I had heard from performers and stage managers last year that M3gan's couldn't be referred to as M3gan from employees and so there were a lot of other codenames for them instead. Seemed like a legal thing more than anything else. Might've also been a reason why their inclusion seemed so haphazard and marketing non-existent. Maybe with the merger some of that potential licensing mess could be avoided in the future?
That's odd if true, as that definitely was not the case over in Hollywood.

Reactions: TCox91
I'd love to see some anthology or "autuerist" houses - Cronenberg, Lynch, etc. I'm also really, really surprised we haven't gotten a Dario Argento and/or giallo inspired house.

• Love
Reactions: grlhowl
I'm also really, really surprised we haven't gotten a Dario Argento and/or giallo inspired house.

Being a fan of Argento's work and various giallo's, I would love to see a giallo inspired house. However, it would have to be inspired by since even some of the best giallo's run into a unique problem in terms of making a haunted house...the lack of a visible killer. A lot of giallo's can portray the killer as just a pair of black gloves, mainly due to the mystery aspect so you can't tell who it is. So that's a huge problem for a haunted house if you want the killer attacking you before they're revealed. There are a few exceptions like Torso, Blood and Black Lace, Stage Fright (which BTW, I would LOVE for this to be a house.), as well as Malignant where they do have a visible and/or masked killer. But they can be a tad far and few between.

Reactions: DannyPowers
I'd love to see some anthology or "autuerist" houses - Cronenberg, Lynch, etc. I'm also really, really surprised we haven't gotten a Dario Argento and/or giallo inspired house.
I still want to see a Jordan Peele original like we've seen speculated in the past, but I suspect that would be a Hollywood exclusive

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Being a fan of Argento's work and various giallo's, I would love to see a giallo inspired house. However, it would have to be inspired by since even some of the best giallo's run into a unique problem in terms of making a haunted house...the lack of a visible killer. A lot of giallo's can portray the killer as just a pair of black gloves, mainly due to the mystery aspect so you can't tell who it is. So that's a huge problem for a haunted house if you want the killer attacking you before they're revealed. There are a few exceptions like Torso, Blood and Black Lace, Stage Fright (which BTW, I would LOVE for this to be a house.), as well as Malignant where they do have a visible and/or masked killer. But they can be a tad far and few between.
Doing an actual giallo property would be very tough. Tough, one could argue that many HHN house already take inspiration from the genre.
Besides black gloved killers, two of the other major components are gorgeous sets and quirky lighting. Something that many originals already have. Besides that, a lot of giallos (giallie?) are just Italians smoking and talking.

• Haha
Reactions: TCox91 and Ahmanet