Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
pull a DBD themselves and just create another "original" killer + story and make a full haunt out of that. Greater creative control, less issues with rights, and it leaves an IP slot open while scratching the itch (ala Saws 'n' Steam / Bioshock or Seeds of Extinction / The Last of Us)
^This right here. Tbh, I think a DBD zone/house could be interesting, but I only know about DBD because of the licensed characters, not the original characters.

Could be wrong, but I feel like DBD is more known for its licensed characters roster.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Could be wrong, but I feel like DBD is more known for its licensed characters roster.
The way IP is perceived in the DBD community is not so different from the Horror Nights community. Adding a major licensed character is a big way that they bring in new players or have people give the game a try. For the dedicated fanbase and long-timer players, there is generally more interest in the original characters, as more creativity is allowed for their designs and gameplay, and they contribute to the game's surprisingly deep lore.

Okay, so specific House themes/stories aside; what (if anything) do we know about possible locations?

@Alicia ‘s latest video seemed to suggest the Tents might be moved. The questions become where is there the space for two more houses AND queues?

FNAF in a tent maybe then ... got to let people get photos in front of the entrance facade / Freddy neon sign
I think it’s going in fast and furious, I don’t think it’ll fit in a tent to be exact. Also they do originals In tents.
Soundstage 22 exists..... lol
This might be more wish list territory and I’ve definitely brought it up in past spec seasons lol, but why has Orlando never done Creepshow? It’s definitely one I’d love to see, and was jealous when Hollywood got it and we didn’t
It's weird that Orlando hasn't gotten Creepshow considering it ticks a lot of boxes for them. I guess it could be boiled down to simple licensing issues or maybe Creepshow isn't getting enough advocacy behind the scenes.

Creepshow was a stellar house in Hollywood. I was surprised Orlando hasn’t done it.
I think it’s going in fast and furious, I don’t think it’ll fit in a tent to be exact. Also they do originals In tents.

FNAF going in the Supercharged queue? Wouldn’t that be way too small to work with? Those “Animatronics” would be pretty large to work with.

Slaughter Sinema had a "not-FNaF" room for Schitties Kids- I don't think FNaF is gonna end up getting the budget footprint if it comes around, BUT that scene shows that they could convey the main stage and surrounding area without taking up too much vertical or horizontal space.

I just don't know how you do FNaF with that mid-way split in F&F.

Slaughter Sinema had a "not-FNaF" room for Schitties Kids- I don't think FNaF is gonna end up getting the budget footprint if it comes around, BUT that scene shows that they could convey the main stage and surrounding area without taking up too much vertical or horizontal space.

I just don't know how you do FNaF with that mid-way split in F&F.
What if they design the final room of the "Freaky" chunk as you finally hitting 6AM, and hearing the jingle and cheer that goes along with it. The digital font "6AM" text printed on the wall in front of you as you turn right into the outside segment.

Then as you move further outside, you start walking up to the front of the Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria again, returning for your final shift. The fifth night scenes happen in the back half of the house from there. Could be fun!

Interesting
Sprung 1 has had 5 IPs. Sprung 2 has had 6.

It happens.

Sprung 1 has had 5 IPs. Sprung 2 has had 6.

It happens.

I was under the impression that they decided they didn't like doing IPs in the sprungs anymore. They've established a clear formula they seem to like--IPs in the two parades, F&F and two of SS23/22, originals in sprungs, SS24 and one of SS23/22.

I was under the impression that they decided they didn't like doing IPs in the sprungs anymore. They've established a clear formula they seem to like--IPs in the two parades, F&F and two of SS23/22, originals in sprungs, SS24 and one of SS23/22.
They base location on the concept they have planned. If they look for tight locations, it’ll be tents. Grand facades? Prob a soundstage.

They base location on the concept they have planned. If they look for tight locations, it’ll be tents. Grand facades? Prob a soundstage.

Yeah, as Brian said. The location of a house is determined by what they need for the house. If they need big sets and/or bungees/flyers, then it's most likely a soundstage or parade building. If they don't need those, it's going in a tent or F&F.

Sometimes it may be determined by other factors, like Stranger Things in 2018 was put in SS 22 as that was a stand-alone soundstage and was able to be kept under wraps better.