Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know the fangy skull on the map is thought to be a Dracula related film, but it would have been cool to use it as an opportunity to introduce Epic Universe Dracula and maybe cameo a couple others.

We could actually see the moment he attacks the drumline and takes their clothes, Terminator style.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahmanet
The problem with the rumored H&K show is that it’s not Bill & Ted, and it’ll always be open to that comparison.
To us old fans, yes. But by the Disney vault model (7 year cycle), you have a pop culture "generation" going to HHN since 2017 who never saw B&T or only saw the farewell show and don't particularly have a connection to it.

Also I think it would be a different kind of show, doing it can to avoid using other companies' IP, even as parody.

Yea its a confusing and not particularly relevant choice. Would've made sense if they did it a decade ago.
And somehow less relevant.
Bill & Ted were never mainstream. It was a weird little movie Gen Xers watched on repeat on HBO. Harold and Kumar got three movies, probably roughly equivalent in relevancy.

Are Kal Penn and John Cho actually doing anything? Think they'd just take up a residency and do the show? :lmao:

Ignoring the show contained at AA, I'm curious to see how that would go operationally. I assume they'd need to move the food booths that have been there the last few years?

I'd love a Harold and Kumar show...provided it's completely different than Bill and Ted.

Two dumb stoners saying stupid funny stuff, then they (off stage) get high and come back and weird crap happens with psychedelic lighting and weird music and stuff. Just two dumb guys spending a night hanging out instead of having to save the world with pop culture references that just don't work in this day and age of TikTok determining what's hot and popular on a week by week basis and other than Barbie, Taylor Swift, etc not having much stuff that will resonate with everybody in the audience. 2 morons doing dumb stuff under the influence could be pretty entertaining.

Also, Bill and Ted is probably off limits now since they recently had the 3rd movie and allegedly a 4th is is the plans (Bill & Ted 4 'Will Get Written', Alex Winter Says, After Teasing 'Really Great Idea' for Sequel - IGN). It's easier to loosely license and IP that is dormant than one that is active and probably would have rules and concerns about how it's used.

Then you add into the inclusiveness aspect after recently having some Black and Hispanic houses, influences, and now an Icon...a show with Western Asian and Eastern Asian stars would broaden the diversity and inclusiveness of the event.

Are Kal Penn and John Cho actually doing anything? Think they'd just take up a residency and do the show? :lmao:

Ignoring the show contained at AA, I'm curious to see how that would go operationally. I assume they'd need to move the food booths that have been there the last few years?
RIP Animal Actors Bar September 2023-November 2023

Every logical instinct tells me it was purely for the Tribute Store last year, as there are entirely separate teams that handle the retail experience and develop the actual house programming, but @PumpkinHead66 just delivered my Tribute to Terror comic at Transworld and I'd be hard up to not acknowledge the sheer amount of thought and effort they put into that thing.

Lots of little inside jokes through the last two pages, playing up The Curator, and plenty of "This said 'Part 1', does that mean 'Part 2' soon??" moments. I'd be happy to see them explore this aesthetic more for sure, and would welcome a return from The Collector himself. Whether or not it comes this year, it is undeniable the similarities between the skull and the TS comic logo

As someone who only saw the farewell show at 27, and has no connection to the other iterations, I absolutely loved B&T and I saw it every night I was there (4 nights). In my opinion, there hasn’t been a better (stage) show since that year. I have yet to repeat a show because it just hasn’t been rewatchable to me like Bill & Ted was. To add to that, each HNF has been almost exactly the same. Even last year, I’d argue it still was not that different from the last.
I get why people were tired of B&T but as someone who was new to it, it was really fun and I had a blast every time I saw it. I thought it fit well into the event. Will H&K be the same effect, that we’ll have to just wait & see, if it is coming. I have faith in the writing team that they can pull it off though.

Edit: I’d like to also add a possible hot take. For the people that are saying how popular HNF is, I’d argue that it’s popular because there’s no other option for a stage show to sit down and rest. So of course it’s gonna be busy every show. I know it has its fan base but does it really cover the average viewer sitting in those seats trying to get off their feet and see a show.

Last edited:
I get why people were tired of B&T
Even during the shows weaker years, it was never tiring & the cast made it worth watching every time because no performance was ever truly the same twice.

Me personally, 2014-2017 were on a downward spiral of quality after 2013's incredibly strong show. Of course, that falls on the current writer/director at the time (2012 was their awful debut as writer/director). But as you said, you hadn't experienced better years & still loved it. That's what matters.

To us old fans, yes. But by the Disney vault model (7 year cycle), you have a pop culture "generation" going to HHN since 2017 who never saw B&T or only saw the farewell show and don't particularly have a connection to it.

Also I think it would be a different kind of show, doing it can to avoid using other companies' IP, even as parody.

Bill & Ted were never mainstream. It was a weird little movie Gen Xers watched on repeat on HBO. Harold and Kumar got three movies, probably roughly equivalent in relevancy.

I can see that point. I'd argue that a comedy duo show about 2 buffoons is too similar, though - especially considering their schtick of "weed" isn't as illicit as it was when the movie came out.

As far as mainstream, B&T had the benefit of becoming a staple of the event a year after the 2nd movie; whereas H&K's last movie was 13 years ago and couldn't even make double its budget in the BO.

Edit: I’d like to also add a possible hot take. For the people that are saying how popular HNF is, I’d argue that it’s popular because there’s no other option for a stage show to sit down and rest. So of course it’s gonna be busy every show. I know it has its fan base but does it really cover the average viewer sitting in those seats trying to get off their feet and see a show.
I say this as someone who loved B&T, HNF is far more popular with the general public. House waits being long definitely makes people come to watch, but each HNF showing had loud applause at the end.

B&T was fun, but the show definitely took a downward turn at the end as it emphasized the dancing more than the comedy.

I say this as someone who loved B&T, HNF is far more popular with the general public. House waits being long definitely makes people come to watch, but each HNF showing had loud applause at the end.

Basically... yeah. Outside of 2017 cuz "last" - some shows had a fair amount of seats left come showtime.

B&T was fun, but the show definitely took a downward turn at the end as it emphasized the dancing more than the comedy.

They had to play it safer towards the end - with all the legal hurdles about parody and whatnot; which is another reason I'm head-scratching about the new comedy show rumor.

Basically... yeah. Outside of 2017 cuz "last" - some shows had a fair amount of seats left come showtime.
B&T always had the outer wings of the theater empty. It was popular, but HNF packed every single showtime like a sardine can. It was a very common site to see a line form for the next show prior to the current show even finishing.

They had to play it safer towards the end - with all the legal hurdles about parody and whatnot; which is another reason I'm head-scratching about the new comedy show rumor.
Yeah, HNF is a edgier, but less room for controversy.

each HNF showing had loud applause at the end.
They were drunk

B&T always had the outer wings of the theater empty. It was popular, but HNF packed every single showtime like a sardine can.
I've seen it completely filled for B&T. Also, unless you're there for every showtime, this is not a valid statement. When waittimes surge, the theater gets filled more.

It was a very common site to see a line form for the next show prior to the current show even finishing.
As someone who would watch B&T at least twice a night, I can assure you, there was a line prior to current shows still going. But as I said above, waittimes also play a part in that.

I've seen it completely filled for B&T. Also, unless you're there for every showtime, this is not a valid statement. When waittimes surge, the theater gets filled more.
Yeah B&T had its packed shows, but the first and last show wouldn't always be packed. You could show up 2 mins prior to showtime and find a seat. This past year you had to arrive 15+ minutes before showtime to get in. The queue was constantly backing up to London. They had to run an extended queue through the BoH gate between Gringotts/FFL. They've never done that before for any show, including AoV.

As someone who would watch B&T at least twice a night, I can assure you, there was a line prior to current shows still going. But as I said above, waittimes also play a part in that.
Yes, wait times do play a part, not arguing on that point. But, take a packed arena watching B&T, and a packed arena watching HNF... HNF is getting far louder reactions and applause at the end.

They were drunk

Are crowds comparable pre-Stranger Things though? I feel like crowds overall have been crazier since Bill & Ted left in 27? Maybe im just fighting too hard for B&T lol :nervous:

Are crowds comparable pre-Stranger Things though? I feel like crowds overall have been crazier since Bill & Ted left in 27? Maybe im just fighting too hard for B&T lol :nervous:

A little. Haha.

Crowds got crazy back then, too - just not as consistent compared to now; plus more demand. There would be nights where I wouldn't do a house just because it was so damn busy and watch B&T a couple of times; which yes, included some shows without a packed theater.