Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And while yes last year was an "abnormal" with two major IPs... you think Comcast corporate will be just ok with letting HHN drop attendance YoY because of the IP selection? :lmao: Sure they might not have two strong IPs to match last year's lineup... but you can definitely bet on them doing anything to keep HHN attendance/revenue at similar levels to last year lol
My point is even with two strong IPs, October still fell off a cliff. I don't think Universal is ok with matching that -- they need that to improve. IPs alone no longer seem enough to drive that number, they have to address whatever stopped people who'd otherwise want to see those IPs from attending. I have to think the atrocious September crowds were a big factor.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to pay $100 - $120 for a single-night ticket.

Neither would I. But up the street, MNSSHP sells out at that price or higher. Guests see a value in it. They used to see close to that value in HHN, as crowds would explode in October. But we've hit a tipping point where that is no longer the case. I don't think it's the quality of the houses, so it must be something else.

Neither would I. But up the street, MNSSHP sells out at that price or higher. Guests see a value in it. They used to see close to that value in HHN, as crowds would explode in October. But we've hit a tipping point where that is no longer the case. I don't think it's the quality of the houses, so it must be something else.
Lack of capacity outside the haunted houses. I know I got pretty annoying last year bringing this topic up, but Universal has no real need to boost haunted house capacity. As a fan I'd love to have more than 10 houses a year... but realistically they have no reason to when usually 2-3 originals wouldn't receive more than an (actual, not what's posted) 30-min wait (Darkest Deal & Blood Moon would rarely exceed actual 45-min waits) during even the busiest nights. The majority of guests wants to hit up a few houses (favoring the IPs), grab something to eat, ride something and watch a show. It's usually relatively easy to do all that in one night historically, but it's become a hassle.

We'll see what happens if that 2nd stage show ends up being a thing and we see how it impacts crowds. If it doesn't move the needle, I'll eat my words and HHN can start pricing itself like MNSSHP lol

Orlando, not just HHN, has hit a price ceiling... now it's about getting the "right level" of pricing to even out demand throughout the event.

In regards to the October fall off, let's not forget about them unexpectedly cutting off the ability to upgrade from ROF to FF. I suspect that there were a lot of people that were planning on doing that. So it is possible that October was on track to be just as busy or busier than September before Universal made that move.

In regards to the October fall off, let's not forget about them unexpectedly cutting off the ability to upgrade from ROF to FF. I suspect that there were a lot of people that were planning on doing that. So it is possible that October was on track to be just as busy or busier than September before Universal made that move.
I don't think the amount of people who would have done that would move the needle that dramatically. I think Universal just became a bit too bullish on pricing towards the end of October and pushed everyone forward, which is their intention... just worked a bit too much.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
I don't think the amount of people who would have done that would move the needle that dramatically. I think Universal just became a bit too bullish on pricing towards the end of October and pushed everyone forward, which is their intention... just worked a bit too much.
Think what you want but blocking nearly everyone but the highest tier for the November dates was malpractice.

Gut predictions pretty hot off of the heels of HHN32:

HHN33

10 Houses, 5 Original, 5 IP.
5 Zones.
2 Shows.

Aug 30th - Nov 3rd, 6:30pm to 2 am.

View attachment 21452

• Aug. 30 - Nov. 3
• 10 houses
• 5 SZ
• Live Entertainment

Edit- Ticket prices have also been leaked. A TA on FB posted them.

ayyyyyyyyyyy

Not the hardest thing to predict in the world, but I'm for sure taking it:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Think what you want but blocking nearly everyone but the highest tier for the November dates was malpractice.
True, they were some of the best HHN nights in recent history lol. I guess they were seeing so much demand back in July (when they extended dates) and assumed those nights will be filled with single-night tickets and no need to rely on locals/pass holders.

I’d love to believe that but I shudder at how much Epic is going to be.
It'll be very fascinating to see what Universal does, but I would imagine they'll just use the maximum ticket price for 1-day tickets ($179) for the first few days.

For those unaware, tickets and tours are available on UniversalOrlandoVacations right now.

Single day tickets starting at $88, Express starting at around $140 I believe.
Remarkable to see HHN still have tickets priced lower than $100

New Tagline: "Always Go Alone! It's Cheaper!"
Halloween Horror Nights GIF by Universal Destinations & Experiences

I know these tweets were already talked about, but I’ve seen some theories that these dots are leading to a Nightmare on Elm Street announcement.

“One, two, Freddy’s coming for you.”

Makes sense. One would have thought that the announcement would have been today though since they have the one and the two. Or it could mean nothing at all and HHN social media is teasing us like usual.

Attachments

• IMG_9083.jpeg
    IMG_9083.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26