Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Back when FNAF/NOES was rumored in February/March, this week (16 May) was the rumored announcement period. With neither of those happening, and contracted announcements for other IPs set for later, and now a convention, they had to adjust.
So is that why the rumors were for June? The assumption was that without NOES or FNAF, they were going to wait until June?

Reactions: GA-MBIT
So is that why the rumors were for June? The assumption was that without NOES or FNAF, they were going to wait until June?
That was the general speculation among insiders. The conversation started changing earlier this week.
Depends on what else they may have to discuss.
I didn’t give a straight answer in this post because I was starting to hear an announcement might still happen.

Friday coming back to HHN would be a great business deal for Universal and major win at that, he’s still a popular slasher in the mainstream as Michael and Freddy and Leatherface and with that deal, it would be awesome to see house and done properly, 17’s house in the Jaws Queue was really cool but to see Universal giving it the same detail as FVJ and then some more it would be great.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Going back a bit RE: Friday the 13th/Jason rights

Here’s a pretty good thread on the subject that sounds accurate to me.

It's really, really depressing that the sole reason we haven't gotten more of one of my favorite horror icons is because people are just greedy and not willing to share the profit.

Not sure why they can't just make films titled Jason Voorhees: Something Spooky n Slashery and not reference his childhood or his mother. Hell, make it more modern day and just throw a cheeky FU in there and have a character say "No one even remembers anything about Jason, he's more myth than history now. Also, he's trying to kill us all, so does it even matter?"

Back when FNAF/NOES was rumored in February/March, this week (16 May) was the rumored announcement period. With neither of those happening, and contracted announcements for other IPs set for later, and now a convention, they had to adjust.

I imagine Donkey Kong and EU SNM shuffling affected this too. I think there might have been a plan to even talk more about HU too but it seems that isn't happening for a bit.

Sounds like what I was thinking. Maybe late June for Quiet Place to add to/ride the hype of the movie.

I know some are questioning how QP will translate into a house but I trust Universal and the movies so far are great. The first movie came out the same year all those great sensory movies came out. AQP, Don’t Breathe, Lights Out. If this works maybe they will revisit one of the others.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
It definitely checks out to be teased the day before and released the day of if Universal plans on teasing us with a little clip or something for the announcement trailer.

And yeah the house would place us of course in the middle of the action, trying to escape the clutches of the creatures while also running into some of the main characters for the film, I’m excited to see the sets and hopefully of course the puppetry this house will bring.

I don't know if the Twitter thread goes over this because Elon's X blocks reading replys unless you have an account, but it's seeming really likely that Jason Vorhees ends up becoming a character in the fighting game Multiversus. So it seems like Jason as a character is in a place rights wise to make it into a big multi-media crossover like that, at the very least.

Probably won't factor into anything this year, but it's a good sign for the future of the IP at HHN.

Why are people still guessing June and July for the next announcement? It's this Tuesday (12:33 pm IP house announcement is my guess). Right after the Spooky Empire announcement they told us to watch social media, and hours later HHN posted 3. They did this before. Sunday it will say 2, Monday 1, Tuesday announcement. You're welcome, lol