Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So the the scene with the Freefall and dragon are the only ones with water sprayers and the the dome is the only one with fog?
I know when Big Thunder reopened here in Disneyland they had issues with getting engough fog to build up in the tank for the next train, so some times they had only a bit of fog. I think they have fixed this by putting in a larger tank. Just throwing that out there.

There is also a blast of fog that is supposed to shoot up as you back away from the first voldemort screen.

Quite interesting really http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_separation

The byproduct of chlorine manufacture is something different though, that is hydrogen.

Yeah, I knew my "something like that" was quite necessary. :stunned:

Here is an example of my screwing up facts:

Liquid nitrogen may be produced for direct sale, or as a byproduct of manufacture of liquid oxygen used for industrial processes such as steelmaking.

So, at least my memory of it being a byproduct of something was correct! :smiley:

Ride wasn't doing too well tonight around 8PM. We stopped at the Thief's Downfall scene on both our first ride and our re-ride. Sat for a few minutes before taking off again. I ended up grabbing an express pass and leaving. Bummer.

Water and fog effects were no better tonight.

Just got another ride in. Ride was evac'd while I was in line. When it went back up, only one station was working. I was on probably the 3rd or 4th train out and while the water effects were still offline, the fog worked pretty well! The machines sustained blasts of fog that covered a good 70-80% of the Kuka screen and resulting gap until we launched. Effect is much more impressive when it works lol. Hopefully it stays that way.

Now, about that water...

Was hoping to get a ride in today but it was down a good chunk of the early afternoon. Glad to hear its back up, how long was the wait?

We didn't get to ride yesterday, which was disappointing. We waited four hours and through multiple breakdowns before they closed it for an extended period of time in the afternoon. Hopefully we'll have better luck in a couple of days. That said, I think Universal handled the situation relatively well. We overheard lots of angry folks yelling and/or cursing at team members, and, having worked in customer service for many years, I completely empathize.

Just got another ride in. Ride was evac'd while I was in line. When it went back up, only one station was working. I was on probably the 3rd or 4th train out and while the water effects were still offline, the fog worked pretty well! The machines sustained blasts of fog that covered a good 70-80% of the Kuka screen and resulting gap until we launched. Effect is much more impressive when it works lol. Hopefully it stays that way.

Now, about that water...

I was on the first train after the evac (around 5:30p). Total wait (90 posted) 3.5 hours give or take. It was really cranky today. We were waiting to board when it went down for the evac so I was on the platform at least and not out in the line somewhere. The team members were great. I've been fortunate the two times I've been really stuck in line to be around truly nice people.

Ride looked perfect except for the water missing as noted. Despite the wait I enjoyed it more this time than the first two. I was back row first car, as opposed to front row first car the other times. I think you need the extra distance from the screens to really get the 3D to pop.

So I think I've done enough to satisfy me for a bit. I'll next get in line when I see 75 or less posted!

After reading that Gringotts is still having issues I should consider myself lucky that I got 3 rides with no problems on my trip. I went there three mornings in a row for early entry and Gringotts was the first thing I did each morning.

I finally got to do it yesterday and loved it. Waited 3 hours and 15 minutes and the ride functioned flawlessly except that there was no smoke where the screen gets pulled away and I am not sure, but are you suppose to feel some water drops at the thief's downfall? Did not feel anything. For the rest, incredibly smooth ride and the line constantly moved so I assume they had no technical difficulties yesterday. Thrill was about what I expected, ending seems a tad rushed though, I was like 'huh? It is over already?' But it is a good ride, smooth and immersive, for the most part I did not feel like I was on a ride. My ten year old daughter did not like it that much though, lol, though of course she was mad we had to wait that long and he was hoping for super thrills.

The fog problem continues lol. Just rode and only saw two separate fog blasts before the launch. I believe there should be four total. The two that fired off stayed active, though.

Also, it's probably beating a dead horse at this point...but there's still no water.

Trying to read through without seeing spoilers. But have wait times subsided? Heading down there in 2 weeks time. Is it still opening at 7am for early entry? Last few times at both parks the early entry was for 8am. Can't think of ever getting to the park earlier then that

Trying to read through without seeing spoilers. But have wait times subsided? Heading down there in 2 weeks time. Is it still opening at 7am for early entry? Last few times at both parks the early entry was for 8am. Can't think of ever getting to the park earlier then that

Yeah, they definitely aren't as long as they were but it usually holds steady above 2 hours. Singles will still probably be your best bet. Early entry is now 8am.