Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I rode this ride on Wednesday and Saturday and I never saw any water effects. I didn't even know there was any until I came here. However I have to say that the ride is still pretty epic without them. The only major problem I saw was yesterday, the screen with the goblin that tells you where to hide wasn't working correctly. I think only the right projector was working or something because the left eye was just a black screen.

I had the same problem with the goblin scene in my two rides yesterday. Got a re-ride due to no sound in the 2nd to last scene; then we heard that audio in the finale scene, it was bizarre.

The fog during the climax was working brilliantly a few hours ago :)

Edit - Also, the volume for the pre-show and safety spiel seemed to be turned up a bit.

Last edited:
My one curiosity with the ride is why they opted for a fog waterfall over just having a real one. I guess they were either worried about maintenence or splash back onto the track.

So do the riders actually pass through a fog "waterfall" during the ride? Or is it just off to the side of a scene? I don't recall seeing this on the POV videos (maybe they don't show up well).

So do the riders actually pass through a fog "waterfall" during the ride? Or is it just off to the side of a scene? I don't recall seeing this on the POV videos (maybe they don't show up well).

Its just off to the left with a false track coming out, and some lighting effects to make it seem like its a waterfall.

It's between the two troll screens. It must have been too dark to see and you pass it really fast. But it's just fog waterfall about 10-15 feet away from you with the fake track coming out of it. When the fog wasn't working it's just some ugly plastic looking waterfall with really poor projection simulating water flowing. Unless they were seriously worried about upkeep or cost I really don't see why they didn't do it. Would have really added to immersion.

So we went back last night just after 7 PM, the posted wait time was 90 minutes, we went in single rider and ended up waiting about 2.5 hours...guess that it how it works out sometimes. I think the worse part is we spent so much time in a long, bland, boring hallway.

We went this AM again for early entry. When we got up to Gringgotts, the posted wait was 45 minutes, I was surprised that my daughter wanted to try single rider again, it worked out a lot better as we were off the ride and back out in DA by 8:15 AM.

No water effect, but the fog covering the screen as it moves away worked fine as best I could tell in the three rides we have done. My daughter loves this ride (she is 9), I am really impressed with what technology must be behind this ride!

It's between the two troll screens. It must have been too dark to see and you pass it really fast. But it's just fog waterfall about 10-15 feet away from you with the fake track coming out of it. When the fog wasn't working it's just some ugly plastic looking waterfall with really poor projection simulating water flowing. Unless they were seriously worried about upkeep or cost I really don't see why they didn't do it. Would have really added to immersion.

It would've been a nightmare for upkeep. Since you'd have to project onto and color the water anyways, the fog effect was probably more effective in the longrun.

Ended up doing single rider yesterday. We had to wait for the line to open for a little while. We jumped in line around 4:43 and we were about to board at 5:02. Standby was empty when we got to the stairs so we pretty much flew right onto the ride. My friend got row 4 and I was in row 3. Fog was much better, still waiting for that water.

So I went yesterday and noticed something. In the first 3-D scene (before the drop) there was a huge black spot in my right lens. But in the rest of the scenes it was fine. Anyone care to say what this was?

So I went yesterday and noticed something. In the first 3-D scene (before the drop) there was a huge black spot in my right lens. But in the rest of the scenes it was fine. Anyone care to say what this was?

This makes a lot of sense now. I thought my eyesight was going or that my lenses were dirty, lol.