Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hawkeye (Disney+)

The longer the show, the shorter the episodes will be is the only downside I see. Like She-Hulk is 10 episodes at 30 mins much like WandaVision.
Ohh well then cool

As long as the time doesn't go on much longer thats fine. I just think the shows fit pretty well now and don't need much more unless they do a second Falcon/Winter Soilder type show that has two main people...a villain group...an old villain and a new side character. That show had a lot going on but Loki is a few people which is cool and doesn't need like ten episodes

Ohh well then cool

As long as the time doesn't go on much longer thats fine. I just think the shows fit pretty well now and don't need much more unless they do a second Falcon/Winter Soilder type show that has two main people...a villain group...an old villain and a new side character. That show had a lot going on but Loki is a few people which is cool and doesn't need like ten episodes
I like the run times of Falcon and Loki much more than WV, but it varies show by show. The shorter episodes fit the sitcom format for WV. I personally think Falcon and Loki each are two of the better shows this year (if Loki can keep it up).

Either way, no matter the episode count, we’re getting roughly 6 hours of story each show.

So if you've seen Black Widow, it looks like we're going to get our first major Film/Disney+ crossover with this series and this will almost be a must watch series. Conversation was on-going in the Black Widow thread, but the real good spoiler type stuff kinda belongs over here to speak on the potential future of what this show could be now that BW is released.

Please keep certain things in spoiler tags since the movie just debuted this weekend.

(I can probably say this is better suited for the Hawkeye thread but) Hawkeye feels like it's going to be more like a John Wick of the MCU--a series that may focus much more on the internal struggles of death, and how how that affects people. And more importantly with Renner and Florence's characters of Clint and Yelena tackling Natasha's death; while Kate deals with the potential of her reacting to a potential death of Vera Faminga's character, Kate's mother (I do think Vera isn't going to be in the show as much as people would think). Along with--the potential dynamic of how revenge is handled by the person.

That's my gist, but I think that'd be a better discussion for a better thread.
That would be awesome if that's what this series is like and tbh, while Black Widow itself was only just so-so, it had great characters and set up a lot of things to come that i'm excited about. Like, Hawkeye is probably my #2 MCU thing i'm looking forward to for the rest of the year all of a sudden only behind No Way Home. I feel like this show has so much potential.

So yeah--

If anything makes me intensely curious with Hawkeye--its with Yelena, and what she may try to throw at the table.

I admittedly wonder if during the show, this is where we'd see Echo introduced as a member of Yelena's team, out to go after Clint; but somewhere in the process, that she may try to defect from the situation altogether.

If I had to say for anticipation levels, Hawkeye is easily in my top 3 for anticipated out of the 5 that are left, behind Shang-Chi and Spider-Man respectively. But that doesn't make me think any less of the show.

I would love for the conflict teased in BLACK WIDOW's post-credit scene to come to fruition, but I suspect that...
... this show will only briefly flirt with a Yelena vs. Clint showdown, and they'll inevitably end up in some form of team-up. The only thing that could sway me from that notion is the fact that we still don't fully have a handle on what Val's ultimate plan is. Presumably we're meant to assume she's in the process of assembling a Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts-style team of slightly more morally complicated characters, so if Yelena is going to be involved in that, it doesn't seem like she could turn on Val so quickly (which is what would kind of have to happen if she and Clint come to see eye to eye).

Really, it's just still too early to have any real idea about what the MCU is doing with Val and her scheme at this point.

I would love for the conflict teased in BLACK WIDOW's post-credit scene to come to fruition, but I suspect that...
... this show will only briefly flirt with a Yelena vs. Clint showdown, and they'll inevitably end up in some form of team-up. The only thing that could sway me from that notion is the fact that we still don't fully have a handle on what Val's ultimate plan is. Presumably we're meant to assume she's in the process of assembling a Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts-style team of slightly more morally complicated characters, so if Yelena is going to be involved in that, it doesn't seem like she could turn on Val so quickly (which is what would kind of have to happen if she and Clint come to see eye to eye).

Really, it's just still too early to have any real idea about what the MCU is doing with Val and her scheme at this point.
Yeah, I sort of agree in a way. I think there will definitely be teases, but...
with the talk of a potential sequel to Black Widow, i'm thinking we won't get a true showdown until that sequel happens (if it happens) or maybe that movie is when she switches sides from Val? With BW ending in present day, I don't see any possible way that a sequel has ScarJo in the movie and it would be Pugh as the lead Widow, whether she's with or against the Avengers.

Another reason I think we won't see a big showdown is because it's a Disney+ show. Feige has said they don't want the movie only viewers to be lost so certain events will be kept to the movies and with the post-credits scene coming in a movie, i'd be surprised if they resolved it in a show.

Last edited:
I'm just glad they are doing what I'd do with the MCU and everything is 100% connected...no this happened in a show so we can't do it in a movie to confuse people

They are fully in on...watch everything or else it might not all make sense or at least emotionally make sense. I'm think Dr Strange 2 will be similar with how it connects to Wanda Vision but glad we know of at least one cool showdown coming in this show

I'm just glad they are doing what I'd do with the MCU and everything is 100% connected...no this happened in a show so we can't do it in a movie to confuse people

They are fully in on...watch everything or else it might not all make sense or at least emotionally make sense. I'm think Dr Strange 2 will be similar with how it connects to Wanda Vision but glad we know of at least one cool showdown coming in this show
I watched the movie with a friend who has seen all MCU movies but doesn't have Disney+ so hasn't seen any shows and he was so confused on who Val was :lol:

I watched the movie with a friend who has seen all MCU movies but doesn't have Disney+ so hasn't seen any shows and he was so confused on who Val was :lol:
Same

My GF has seen the movies and we are watching Loki but has not finish Wanda/Falcon. So I had to explain to her who Val was and the set up for the Haweye show, she wasn't upset and is like me excited to see what happens in the show. So think it will work out for the most part as long as the shows/movies keep up the quality most people will be chill with keeping up with everything

Same

My GF has seen the movies and we are watching Loki but has not finish Wanda/Falcon. So I had to explain to her who Val was and the set up for the Haweye show, she wasn't upset and is like me excited to see what happens in the show. So think it will work out for the most part as long as the shows/movies keep up the quality most people will be chill with keeping up with everything
Well, to be fair, This was supposed to be Val's introduction anyway. Falcon & WS ended up being her debut only because of the Pandemic.

Well, to be fair, This was supposed to be Val's introduction anyway. Falcon & WS ended up being her debut only because of the Pandemic.
Ohhh god...weird

I like Falcon's soooo much more and would be way more confused if I didn't see that show first...lol

Ohhh god...weird

I like Falcon's soooo much more and would be way more confused if I didn't see that show first...lol
Well, yeah, we got a much better look at Val and what she's up to in F&tWS. This was just supposed to be a tease of her character before her future appearances.

As posted by The Direct (and originally posted on a Mod on Marvel Studios Spoilers), Vincent D'onofrio is going to return as Kingpin, for Hawkeye.

Assuming if Kingpin is going to be introduced as a small cameo like Val, this could be a way for them to jump things forward for the Echo series; allowing that show to be centered around the relationship of Wilson Fisk, and Maya Lopez, who in comics was the adopted daughter of Fisk.

Additionally in the rumor, the moderator on Reddit indicated a November start-up, with it leading up to No Way Home's Theatrical run. With Ms. Marvel beginning to air in October.

As posted by The Direct (and originally posted on a Mod on Marvel Studios Spoilers), Vincent D'onofrio is going to return as Kingpin, for Hawkeye.

Assuming if Kingpin is going to be introduced as a small cameo like Val, this could be a way for them to jump things forward for the Echo series; allowing that show to be centered around the relationship of Wilson Fisk, and Maya Lopez, who in comics was the adopted daughter of Fisk.

Additionally in the rumor, the moderator on Reddit indicated a November start-up, with it leading up to No Way Home's Theatrical run. With Ms. Marvel beginning to air in October.
Getting Vincent D'onofrio back as Kingpin makes the multiverse worth it alone (i'm assuming he's only back because of the multiverse). The rumors have pointed to Charlie Cox returning as Daredevil as well for Spider-Man.

Getting Vincent D'onofrio back as Kingpin makes the multiverse worth it alone (i'm assuming he's only back because of the multiverse). The rumors have pointed to Charlie Cox returning as Daredevil as well for Spider-Man.

I'm..actually thinking this isn't a multiverse case. Especially with Echo appearing in the show; perhaps it's a rebooted version of the characters? Especially if Maya and Fisk's relationship is going to be a key factor going forward for D+ and for Spider-Man.

I'm..actually thinking this isn't a multiverse case. Especially with Echo appearing in the show; perhaps it's a rebooted version of the characters? Especially if Maya and Fisk's relationship is going to be a key factor going forward for D+ and for Spider-Man.
I think some characters brought in by the multiverse will end up staying even after that's all wrapped up and fixed, though, so we'll see.

11/24 premiere date confirmed. Since the studio recently said Ms. Marvel will also be in 2021, I’m guessing it’ll crossover for a week or two with Hawkeye in December or possibly air beginning in October.

11/24 premiere date confirmed. Since the studio recently said Ms. Marvel will also be in 2021, I’m guessing it’ll crossover for a week or two with Hawkeye in December or possibly air beginning in October.
I'm guessing Ms. Marvel will be in the late weeks of September or first week of October and then there's no crossover. The main crossover will be with Book of Boba Fett (unless they just hold off on that for a few extra weeks until January).

I'm guessing Ms. Marvel will be in the late weeks of September or first week of October and then there's no crossover. The main crossover will be with Book of Boba Fett (unless they just hold off on that for a few extra weeks until January).

It’s just so weird they’re announcing the later show first then…