Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hawkeye (Disney+)

It’s just so weird they’re announcing the later show first then…
If both are truly coming out this year, it only makes sense because Hawkeye finished filming first and had much less Post-production work to go through seeing as there's a lot of CGI involved with a Ms. Marvel character whereas Hawkeye, Kate Bishop, Echo, Yelena - they're all very grounded characters meaning this was probably a fairly easy show to go through post.

I hope Miss Marvel is out before then but I doubt it.

But looking forward to this show, think I'll enjoy it a good deal because the grounded shows many times have the best action

Ms Marvel is not coming out this year. That's why you haven't heard anything about it.
I'm gonna guess February or March, unless both Boba Fett and Ms. Marvel plan to come out in January. I'm not surprised in the least it's not coming out this year though. There's just too much Marvel right now with the movies (in a small window of time) that two shows would be a bit much.

Plus, Ms. Marvel only has to be out before The Marvels, which isn't until NEXT November. meaning they can release it whenever they want.

Marvel Executive Victoria Alonso confirmed last week that Ms. Marvel will both debut in 2021 so it is coming, just a matter of when.

Marvel Executive Victoria Alonso confirmed last week that Ms. Marvel will both debut in 2021 so it is coming, just a matter of when.
Idk, I know Alonso said that, but even knowing she did I was weary of how practical it was given the amount of projects they have on the table.

And ultimately, even if it was the plan for both to come out this year as recently as a few weeks ago, Victoria Alonso or even Kevin Feige don't decide when the Disney+ shows get released. You know who does? The guy in charge of when and where Disney+ content goes - Kareem Daniel over at Disney Media Distribution. So it's very possible a change was made that she was unaware of.

Yes I know she said that, but it was incorrect. I've worked on a lot of Marvel projects in the past and am currently working on one now, and know quite a few people on Ms Marvel. They've been telling me for a few weeks now that they weren't expecting to premiere this year. In fact I was just on a call this week with Victoria where she brought up Ms Marvel not coming out this year.

I'm gonna guess February or March, unless both Boba Fett and Ms. Marvel plan to come out in January. I'm not surprised in the least it's not coming out this year though. There's just too much Marvel right now with the movies (in a small window of time) that two shows would be a bit much.

Plus, Ms. Marvel only has to be out before The Marvels, which isn't until NEXT November. meaning they can release it whenever they want.

Yeah I'm assuming February or March as well based on what I've heard.

I mean, we do have enough Marvel Content without Miss Marvel...but that is my most hyped show for year one of MCU on Disney Plus.....so would want it ASAP but with Boba and Haweye out this year we have a lot of content still coming

I mean, we do have enough Marvel Content without Miss Marvel...but that is my most hyped show for year one of MCU on Disney Plus.....so would want it ASAP but with Boba and Haweye out this year we have a lot of content still coming
I mean, unless what's going to fill the October/November timeframe on D+ is Boba Fett, then i'm not actually sure we're getting Boba this year. Eventually the Marvel and Star Wars shows will have to crossover is what I keep saying just simply because of the pure amount of content, but Disney is going to want to minimize the amount of crossover as much as possible and Hawkeye is getting all of December, so....

I mean, unless what's going to fill the October/November timeframe on D+ is Boba Fett, then i'm not actually sure we're getting Boba this year. Eventually the Marvel and Star Wars shows will have to crossover is what I keep saying just simply because of the pure amount of content, but Disney is going to want to minimize the amount of crossover as much as possible and Hawkeye is getting all of December, so....
I mean Cross over has to happen within 12 months. We have soooo many SW and Marvel shows coming it is going to happen and think a Christmas time its not a bad time to have two shows going

I mean Cross over has to happen within 12 months. We have soooo many SW and Marvel shows coming it is going to happen and think a Christmas time its not a bad time to have two shows going
I guess a situation I could see maybe is Boba Fett debuting on December 22nd (which would be Week 5 of Hawkeye). It would be just in time for Christmas meaning people would have extra reason to get a Disney+ subscription for Xmas. You'd have the premiere of one show and the penultimate episode of another all in one week. Spider-Man: No Way Home comes out in theaters that week, though.

Idk, it makes a lot of sense to premiere Boba Fett on the 22nd in terms of getting subs, but with No Way home & Hawkeye, I feel like that's just a lot of Marvel for one week, never mind star wars on top of it. It just seems more beneficial from Disney's end to wait until the first week of January to air Boba since it wouldn't be such a crowded landscape.

I guess a situation I could see maybe is Boba Fett debuting on December 22nd (which would be Week 5 of Hawkeye). It would be just in time for Christmas meaning people would have extra reason to get a Disney+ subscription for Xmas. You'd have the premiere of one show and the penultimate episode of another all in one week. Spider-Man: No Way Home comes out in theaters that week, though.

Idk, it makes a lot of sense to premiere Boba Fett on the 22nd in terms of getting subs, but with No Way home & Hawkeye, I feel like that's just a lot of Marvel for one week, never mind star wars on top of it. It just seems more beneficial from Disney's end to wait until the first week of January to air Boba since it wouldn't be such a crowded landscape.
Wasn't Loki still going when they had BW Out?

Wasn't Loki still going when they had BW Out?
Yes, and it immediately shifted attention away from the theatrical release. Now Spider-Man 3 is gonna be a beast of a movie and hopefully by Christmas, enough will have gotten the vaccine that people aren't spooked at all with going back to a theater.

My point is if you have both of that going on, why would you waste the debut of Boba Fett around the same time when you can hold it for January. The only way imo that Book of Boba Fett releases in 2021 is iff they somehow get it out for October.

It looks fun, hoping we see the rumored Kingpin, and hopefully the Ten Rings somehow are apart of this as well. It would be cool if while we have a main villain each week was a different kinda gang chasing them

Gives Boba Fett the ability to close out the year with the first Episode having no competition. Not a bad call at all.
And there will likely be an even more amount of buzz around one of these MCU shows than usual as they come out the day before Thanksgiving in the US, which will mean it's there for people to watch with their families (around an hour and a half to an hour and 45 minutes or so of content) on Thanksgiving Night/Black Friday and going into that weekend.

Unfortunately though, getting buried under this (I hope i'm wrong), is The Beatles: Get Back from Peter Jackson in which he will be employing new techniques on footage shot for the Let It Be Documentary in the early 70's. That documentary was only 80 minutes. Jackson being who he is, wanted this to be movie, but it was found to be untenable seeing as each of the 3 episodes are all TWO HOURS in length. The episodes will all be released on the one after the other from 11/25-11/27. Here's a trailer for it, which came out yesterday...