Max (Streaming Service) | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Max (Streaming Service)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
today was the relaunch. On Roku and Firestick HBOMax automatically updates to Max I know, but on mobile devices, no such update is made and an entire new app needs to be downloaded.

There’s a decent amount I don’t love here. Some impactful to actual experience and some just dumb things like the color change from Purple to Blue. I thought the purple really worked and it differentiated it from the other streams using Blue as a primary color (Disney+, Paramount+, Prime Video). The name is also just a terrible name.

Here’s the new title screen upon open:

Last edited:
So maybe I’m stupid, but I finally realized that the “Max” name came from Cinemax lol.

I was watching Kristian Harloff’s take on it and one person on his panel brought up that a potential reason for the name change could be that they don’t want all of the content to be associated with the HBO brand, especially since there’s now a bunch of low-rent Discovery content on here.

That actually makes sense as even the Max Originals on HBO Max were never at the HBO level so potentially they want to make sure HBO doesn’t lose its reputation for high quality? A theory, but not a bad one.

I haven't watched the first episode yet, but very surprised that an HBO is getting hit so hard critically with a 27% from critics on RT and only 58% from audiences.

Rare that HBO misses the mark that much. With the controversy around him surrounding Euphoria and now this looking like a failure, this may be it for Sam Levinson at HBO.

This is a wonderful surprise.....the Harley Quinn show is great but do Miss Kiteman and dr psycho as regular characters