Max (Streaming Service) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Max (Streaming Service)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The scuttlebutt on Twitter is that part of the calculation here is that Warners can just paper over hard feelings with money. That's probably not un-true, but relying on big paydays to lure in talent is gonna run counter to Zaz's goal of cutting costs very quickly. The CNBC article made the savings on residuals here sound like absolute pittances, so I'm really wondering if the rancor is gonna be worth it.

Incidentally, that article combined with the downgraded EBITDA outlook makes me think Zaz is hitting the panic button.

Reactions: Nick and Clive
Also consider too that HBO Max is probably going to see a price hike to around $19.99 once Discovery+ content is bundled into the new service.

I know I sure don’t care about that crap and most Max subs aren’t exactly going to be thrilled to pay more for crap they have no interest in. I sub to HBO Max for high quality scripted content, not dirt cheap reality shows.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Also consider too that HBO Max is probably going to see a price hike to around $19.99 once Discovery+ content is bundled into the new service.

I know I sure don’t care about that crap and most Max subs aren’t exactly going to be thrilled to pay more for crap they have no interest in. I sub to HBO Max for high quality scripted content, not dirt cheap reality shows.

Very good and pro-consumer system, definitely doesn't sound like something the cable guys would devise!

I wonder if there may end up being a tier for HBO cable subscribers that essentially offers the HBO (and hopefully some archival WB) content without access to the Discovery stuff.

That's what I'm hoping, anyway.

Zaslav clearly doesn't get the appeal of animation and it'd be in everyone's best interest if he just sold off his the animation studios that he owns if he's going to treat studios like Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Hannah Barbara, WB Animation, DC Animation, etc with the kind of disrespect that we've seen.

What did I just watch? :lol: This is what I get for not watching trailers.

Menu is a fun suspense film with some great actors in it

Also the animated Justice League show is being removed from HBO.....like WTF? Where would DC content go....your the company that owns all over DC?

Also the animated Justice League show is being removed from HBO.....like WTF? Where would DC content go....your the company that owns all over DC?
Apparently cost savings so they don't have to pay the residuals to the voice actors.

I don't understand them pulling down 250 Looney Tunes shorts when they own them outright and were made before any kind of residuals were involved.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
They definitely seem to be planning spinning off/selling their animation catalogue.

Hijacking this thread before the Potter news gets separated out into its own thing to remind everyone Perry Mason is halfway through its second season on HBOMax, and still phenomenal. Not the type of genre property that usually gets hyped on here, but a well-acted and highly detailed period drama. I feel like it gets buried on Monday nights instead of Sunday, really want it to continue.

Hijacking this thread before the Potter news gets separated out into its own thing to remind everyone Perry Mason is halfway through its second season on HBOMax, and still phenomenal. Not the type of genre property that usually gets hyped on here, but a well-acted and highly detailed period drama. I feel like it gets buried on Monday nights instead of Sunday, really want it to continue.

Is the show "case of the week" or serialized?

DOH!! Didn't realize the second season released already! Loved the first season, and with Succession being on as well, great two shows to watch right now.

Reactions: SeventyOne