HBO's Game of Thrones | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

HBO's Game of Thrones

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
giphy.gif

Reactions: anihilnation
Geeez, I just saw trailer above... That is the same music as from Season 6, Ep. 10 which I absolutely adore (both the music and the episode).

Looks like folks are going to be "squabbling" more than ever this year. Can't they all just get along?... NO! ;)

Reactions: Scott W.
Ok, I was unable to watch. Can someone please post a spoiler synopsis of what transpired? With 16 million viewers here in the US, I hope that it was worth it!

(spoiler tags are 'bracket' SPOILER 'close bracket' and ends with the same except a forward slash before SPOILER)

Ok, I was unable to watch. Can someone please post a spoiler synopsis of what transpired? With 16 million viewers here in the US, I hope that it was worth it!

(spoiler tags are 'bracket' SPOILER 'close bracket' and ends with the same except a forward slash before SPOILER)
Arya killed the rest of Frey's men
Dany returned home
That one Greyjoy went to King's Landing to form a partnership with the Lannisters but was denied
Jon and Sansa got into an argument
Bran reached The Wall.
Sam discovered something with Dragonstone, I think. He also cleans up after old people.
Ed Sheeran popped up in a really forced cameo

That's about it. It was a weak premiere IMO.

Arya killed the rest of Frey's men
Dany returned home
That one Greyjoy went to King's Landing to form a partnership with the Lannisters but was denied
Jon and Sansa got into an argument
Bran reached The Wall.
Sam discovered something with Dragonstone, I think. He also cleans up after old people.
Ed Sheeran popped up in a really forced cameo

That's about it. It was a weak premiere IMO.

Thanks! Now for my terrible memory for some names...

Arya is dragon lady right?
I am unclear on the remaining Greyjoy
Bran is the cripple?
Sam is the bookworm?

...and who in hell is Ed Sheeran? just joking.

Cersei must have been busy with her knitting. :saywhat:

Thanks! Now for my terrible memory for some names...

Arya is dragon lady right? No, dragon lady is Khaleesi, Arya is Ned Starks youngest daughter.
I am unclear on the remaining Greyjoy Euron is Theon's uncle from last season.
Bran is the cripple? Yes
Sam is the bookworm? Yes, and gets a crappy (pun intended) gig at the citadel.

...and who in hell is Ed Sheeran? just joking.

Cersei must have been busy with her knitting.:saywhat:
She thinks she is queen, Jaime is even giving her the same look you just had
Was not an amazing episode, but the opening scene is awesome!! And as with thrones, the beginning is the start of setting things up for later. It was still enjoyable.

So, Arya with the needle sword who was blind for a few episodes. I'm gettin' there.

Was Euron the scruffy guy that was involved in some kind of lakeside/oceanside initiation last year... the one who threw someone (his daddy?) off the bridge into the deep canyon?

"Ain't Life Grand" is not the motto of this series.

So, Arya with the needle sword who was blind for a few episodes. I'm gettin' there.

Was Euron the scruffy guy that was involved in some kind of lakeside/oceanside initiation last year... the one who threw someone (his daddy?) off the bridge into the deep canyon?

Yes, and yes (though it was his brother, the ruler or the Iron Isles viking pirates). Theon--the one tortured for three seasons--is the his nephew and rightful heir, but since he feels bad for betraying his adopted family and can't have kids anymore, he wants his sister Asha to rule instead. Ergo Euron wants them dead, they're on the run looking for help from Dany.

Reactions: Teebin
I know this will be blasphemy- but something has felt off last season and this season to where it went from "very good" television to me to "good" television. And I finally figured it out what it was.

There are distinct heros and villains. We've always had certain villains like fray and certain heroes like snow and targarian. But we've been missing the characters like tywin, who you root against and for but still love and hate. And changes from people like Jamie. And even Cate stark. We even know where the hound stands now.

It's just "these guys are good". "These guys are bad" now. Good vs evil. No mish mash. And that's what made this show have a very unique element. Still plenty of other great things about the show, but that element is completely gone and I'm disliking the turn of straight antagonist/protagonist storylines.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I think the reason the last two seasons have felt off is that there is no source material anymore. They're literally going off a basic outline. The shoddiness of the writers is showing through. It's still good because the characters are that good and they're not their creation. They still have a direction, thanks to George. At the moment, it feels like fan fiction with all the sloppiness, leaps in logic and overall fangirling.

The awkwardness in the forced tension between Jon and Sansa is absurd. It defies logic. She continues to undermine him publicly in these identical boring meetings with the northern lords, and he still doesn't tell her anything before said meetings? Christ on a cracker, he had no intention of letting her know he was going to Dragonstone and was leaving her in charge before announcing it? Really? She can't wait until afterwards to disagree with him privately? Really?

Euron can magically guess which ship Yara is on? Really?

I like it, but damn, they need to bring in some new writers. Little Finger and Brienne are literally waiting around doing nothing.

I give them props for the Hound. Good stuff.